MAF Sensor Coding with new intake

Mazda2Gecko

:
2011 Mazda2 Touring
A friend of mine fabricated a custom intake pipe for my Mazda 2. We made sure we had everything covered as far as reconnecting the hoses and sensors that needed to be, and we sealed it up pretty good. I havn't been able to find a way to bypass the check engine light coming on. I did a code reading on it, and sure enough its coding the MAF, but i have no idea how to remedy it. Anyone have any bypasses that they can think of?

It is because of how the air is flowing over the MAF. There are a number of things which you can do to try to make it better. Basically your fuel trims are way off because of how the air is flowing over the MAF. Some easy solutions are to rotate it so it is clocked differently in the airflow. Also different air filters have a large effect on the flow. K&N has the 10 degree filters because they work better with modern MAF's. You need to get the reader to show that the fuel trims are.

There is no way to bypass it because the ECU will probably know that something is off and go into a limp mode. First time I typed that I put pimp mode. That would have been fun.

Back