What have you done to your CX-5 today?

kind of funny how everyone thinks the japanese models have such high quality workmanship. I have to say my 2023 cx turbo is nothing to brag about. a step below my Ram in quality for sure.
Not sure what year your Ram is but I think when the redesign came out in 2017 they were ahead of everyone else in terms of quality and price point and since then and now I think other companies have caught up.
I'll say this. The 22' Carbon I had before It got totaled was miles ahead of the 2019 Rogue I had in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Also for 31.5K you couldn't find more in a car at that price point. Leather, moonroof, memory seats, power lift gate etc etc.
Same with my 23 Turbo especially these days. Find me a comparable for 37.5k ? The only two things that aggravate me that it doesn't have is wireless carplay and and rear parking sensors. But quality? Way nicer than my mothers 21 Forester and my brothers 21 rogue. I guess everyones MMV.

Not sure what year your Ram is but I think when the redesign came out in 2017 they were ahead of everyone else in terms of quality and price point and since then and now I think other companies have caught up.
I'll say this. The 22' Carbon I had before It got totaled was miles ahead of the 2019 Rogue I had in terms of quality and craftsmanship. Also for 31.5K you couldn't find more in a car at that price point. Leather, moonroof, memory seats, power lift gate etc etc.
Same with my 23 Turbo especially these days. Find me a comparable for 37.5k ? The only two things that aggravate me that it doesn't have is wireless carplay and and rear parking sensors. But quality? Way nicer than my mothers 21 Forester and my brothers 21 rogue. I guess everyones MMV.
We just bought a '23 Carbon Edition and like it much better than the '18 Audi Q5 it replaced. The interior looks and feels more upscale and the seats are much more comfortable. Plus, no turbo, no DCT or CVT transmission, and no start/stop. Yes, we miss the power a little but after replacing the turbo on the Q5, I am glad to not have that worry along with the long list of other common failures on the Q5. The cylinder deactivation on the CX-5 does concern me a little.

The Audi became a nightmare after it hit 60K miles. We were never very pleased with it from the beginning but had to keep it for a while (6 years) to not lose so much on depreciation.

Stellantis/FCA has not been good for Chrysler/Dodge/Ram just as Mercedes tanked them when they had ownership. My dad worked for Chrysler for 42 years.

Last edited:
I hear ya on Audis.
I've had 3 other turbo cars ( 2 Subies and a Mitsubishi) so I'm used to what they bring to the table and like the little tuner aspect that comes with them but agree they can bring there own list of issues.

Mazda lower quality than a Stellantis/FCA product?? Surely you jest!
I have both and put lots of miles on both and ram power wagon is better quality build wise. I am at almost 8000 miles on the cx5 bought new Feb 21st. Ram 33000 miles and not so much as a rattle and paint is much better. I like both and you can believe what you want but I base my opinion on personal experience.
IMG_3385.jpg

2020 cx5 gt

installed. Bosch icon 24oe And 18oe bracket 6

installed Jansite Tire Pressure Monitoring System Wireless Solar

Last edited:
door sill plates on....still waiting on lower greeyuls, door latch covers and window tint......need to score mud flaps and cargo cover........also found something for the gap behind the info screen to do.
20230719_162602.jpg

Holds this oem badge I have hangin around the workbench. A match decades in the making, lol.
Wife wasn't amused. I was. Badge back on workbench.

Last edited:
door sill plates on....still waiting on lower greeyuls, door latch covers and window tint......need to score mud flaps and cargo cover........also found something for the gap behind the info screen to do.
View attachment 320772
Holds this oem badge I have hangin around the workbench. A match decades in the making, lol.
Wife wasn't amused. I was. Badge back on workbench.

That'll show her! ;)

Back