Page 436 of 439 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 6581

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    What's wrong with K&N filters? I have one in my Integra. Bought the filter way back in 2001 and still using it. It has over 1/4 million miles of use on it currently. I wash and re-oil it every 30K miles or so, or just whenever it looks like it needs it.
    I don't really want to deal with oiling it. AEM one just drops in like a regular OEM.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 82k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature

What's wrong with K&N filters? I have one in my Integra. Bought the filter way back in 2001 and still using it. It has over 1/4 million miles of use on it currently. I wash and re-oil it every 30K miles or so, or just whenever it looks like it needs it.
    Newer engines have more sensitive MAF sensors that can get fouled by any excess oil ingestion. I had to shelve my BMC filter after I started getting CEL (implausible air flow codes) on my Porsche. Had to clean the MAF and go back to a OEM filter. BTW, it was a new-ish filter, one I hadn't yet cleaned and re-oiled. So the offending oil was from the factory oiling.
    Last edited by St1ngy; 06-07-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Sig Soul Red

Just picked up my new Soul Red Signature. I took possession on Monday from dealer but drove directly to Xpel Installer. The Xpel installer was awesome. Performed a thorough check of the CX-5 exterior and interior - only had 62 miles on it. Noted 3 flaws that I immediately reported to dealer in case they couldn*t be resolved. Xpel installer on full nose (entire hood, front fenders, bumpers and lights), A-pillar, 24* of roof, door sill plates, rear bumper plate and door edges. I plan to keep the car for years, but if not, the 10 warranty is transferable to next owner. Thanks to this forum I would never had considered PPF nor know about the *thin*. Now to set up all the features (phone, Homelink, NAV, etc)

Registered Member

Have the a today.

2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

Quote Originally Posted by SemperMMA View Post
    Have the a today.

Cool picture!
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Quote Originally Posted by St1ngy View Post
    Newer engines have more sensitive MAF sensors that can get fouled by any excess oil ingestion. I had to shelve my BMC filter after I started getting CEL (implausible air flow codes) on my Porsche. Had to clean the MAF and go back to a OEM filter. BTW, it was a new-ish filter, one I hadn't yet cleaned and re-oiled. So the offending oil was from the factory oiling.
    Well that's interesting. From K&N FAQ:

Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle's mass air sensor to fail?

No. This is an "urban myth" and has not been supported by any factual evidence. The oil does not come off of a K&N air filter when it is in use, even when over-oiled or in extreme air flow rates exceeding 1000 CF'M.

If somehow K&N air filter oil were to make contact with a mass air sensor, the oil would not cause the sensor to fail. We have intentionally coated mass air sensors with our filter oil, and monitored the sensors' output when installed in daily driven vehicles. These sensors continued to function normally, even after being sprayed and submerged in K&N air filter oil. K&N air filter oil does not cause problems with mass air sensors.
    https://www.knfilters.com/maf/massair.htm
    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 368K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 88K miles, the family hauler!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

FINALLY replaced the shifter switch in our CX5 that has been giving us fits with not turning the car off fully when pressing the Stop/Start button for several months now. Wife said she had to sit in a parking lot the other day for at least 5 minutes turning the car on and off, on and off, on and off, wiggling the shifter in park to try to get it to turn off. Replaced the shifter switch yesterday and now hopefully all will be good. Cost about $60 from Med Center Mazda.

On a side note, I'm appalled at how much stuff is held together with plastic clips. Only a few screws holding the console but then all the shifter trim panels are held with clips. I'm dealing with several broken plastic clips and other parts and pieces on my 25 year old Honda right now. I had to fabricate an entire aluminum bracket to hold the center vent stack on the Honda after some of the dashboard internal plastic parts broke off recently. I can't imagine what these newer cars will be like in 20+ years. Falling apart perhaps?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature

Well that's interesting. From K&N FAQ:
    No. This is an "urban myth" and has not been supported by any factual evidence. The oil does not come off of a K&N air filter when it is in use, even when over-oiled or in extreme air flow rates exceeding 1000 CF'M.
    I guess anecdotal evidence doesn't count as factual evidence in K&N's book. I've seen plenty of reports from Porsche owners with both K&N and BMC filters. The MAF is a good 8" from the filter housing and no other oil present (such as from a faulty AOS).

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

FINALLY replaced the shifter switch in our CX5 that has been giving us fits with not turning the car off fully when pressing the Stop/Start button for several months now. Wife said she had to sit in a parking lot the other day for at least 5 minutes turning the car on and off, on and off, on and off, wiggling the shifter in park to try to get it to turn off. Replaced the shifter switch yesterday and now hopefully all will be good. Cost about $60 from Med Center Mazda.

On a side note, I'm appalled at how much stuff is held together with plastic clips. Only a few screws holding the console but then all the shifter trim panels are held with clips. I'm dealing with several broken plastic clips and other parts and pieces on my 25 year old Honda right now. I had to fabricate an entire aluminum bracket to hold the center vent stack on the Honda after some of the dashboard internal plastic parts broke off recently. I can't imagine what these newer cars will be like in 20+ years. Falling apart perhaps?
    Yep this's a norm that those interior trim pieces now use many plastic clips to hold everything together. Worse, those clips designed only go one-way easily during assembly, but it'll be difficult to remove separating trim pieces. Chances are the clip will be broken easily especially when it's aged.

On the other hand, most car owners don't keep their cars forever like you and me, so they don't care.

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

CX-5 GT

Velcro tape was invented for reason...
    Last edited by yugrus; 06-11-2019 at 04:53 PM.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

I had to make this piece awhile back to hold the center vents in my Integra after the entire plastic support bracket broke off. 25 year old car problems.

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    I had to make this piece awhile back to hold the center vents in my Integra after the entire plastic support bracket broke off. 25 year old car problems.

Sometimes you gotta fabricate. In some all too many cars, it turns out better than OEM.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Sig Soul Red

Installed OEM rear splash / mud guards.

Was unsuccessful installing front guards as I did not have a *jack nut tool* and then was was unable to peel back the front fender guard.

Dealer was supposed to install but they did not arrive in time when they delivered the car. Dealer is 1 hr away, but may return so they can install. I*ll look in the *how to* section here first and maybe try again.

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 White Pearl Sig

Quote Originally Posted by GEM12144 View Post
    Installed OEM rear splash / mud guards.

Was unsuccessful installing front guards as I did not have a *jack nut tool* and then was was unable to peel back the front fender guard.
    I was sure something was going to break in the process but it came apart without damage. There's no need for a jack nut tool, the part it goes into is temporarily removed from the vehicle so it's possible to do the job on a workbench. Install the jack nut by lightly and squarely tapping down on it with a ball peen hammer while using something firm on the underside to act as an anvil.

2019 Mazda CX-5, GT-R

my picture isn't nearly as cool as Semper's but washed my CX-5 for the first time.

Page 436 of 439 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438 ... LastLast