Page 436 of 439 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 6581

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

  1. #6526
    Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    What's wrong with K&N filters? I have one in my Integra. Bought the filter way back in 2001 and still using it. It has over 1/4 million miles of use on it currently. I wash and re-oil it every 30K miles or so, or just whenever it looks like it needs it.
    I don't really want to deal with oiling it. AEM one just drops in like a regular OEM.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 82k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

  2. #6527
    Registered Member

    2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Belleair Beach, Florida
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    What's wrong with K&N filters? I have one in my Integra. Bought the filter way back in 2001 and still using it. It has over 1/4 million miles of use on it currently. I wash and re-oil it every 30K miles or so, or just whenever it looks like it needs it.
    Newer engines have more sensitive MAF sensors that can get fouled by any excess oil ingestion. I had to shelve my BMC filter after I started getting CEL (implausible air flow codes) on my Porsche. Had to clean the MAF and go back to a OEM filter. BTW, it was a new-ish filter, one I hadn't yet cleaned and re-oiled. So the offending oil was from the factory oiling.
    Last edited by St1ngy; 06-07-2019 at 12:59 PM.

  3. #6528
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Sig Soul Red

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    39
    Just picked up my new Soul Red Signature. I took possession on Monday from dealer but drove directly to Xpel Installer. The Xpel installer was awesome. Performed a thorough check of the CX-5 exterior and interior - only had 62 miles on it. Noted 3 flaws that I immediately reported to dealer in case they couldn*t be resolved. Xpel installer on full nose (entire hood, front fenders, bumpers and lights), A-pillar, 24* of roof, door sill plates, rear bumper plate and door edges. I plan to keep the car for years, but if not, the 10 warranty is transferable to next owner. Thanks to this forum I would never had considered PPF nor know about the *thin*. Now to set up all the features (phone, Homelink, NAV, etc)

  4. #6529
    Registered Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2
    Have the a today.


  5. #6530
    Registered Member Conrad 16.5's Avatar

    2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperMMA View Post
    Have the a today.

    Cool picture!
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

  6. #6531
    Registered Member PatrickGSR94's Avatar

    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Memphis TN area
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by St1ngy View Post
    Newer engines have more sensitive MAF sensors that can get fouled by any excess oil ingestion. I had to shelve my BMC filter after I started getting CEL (implausible air flow codes) on my Porsche. Had to clean the MAF and go back to a OEM filter. BTW, it was a new-ish filter, one I hadn't yet cleaned and re-oiled. So the offending oil was from the factory oiling.
    Well that's interesting. From K&N FAQ:

    Will a K&N filter cause my vehicle's mass air sensor to fail?

    No. This is an "urban myth" and has not been supported by any factual evidence. The oil does not come off of a K&N air filter when it is in use, even when over-oiled or in extreme air flow rates exceeding 1000 CF'M.

    If somehow K&N air filter oil were to make contact with a mass air sensor, the oil would not cause the sensor to fail. We have intentionally coated mass air sensors with our filter oil, and monitored the sensors' output when installed in daily driven vehicles. These sensors continued to function normally, even after being sprayed and submerged in K&N air filter oil. K&N air filter oil does not cause problems with mass air sensors.
    https://www.knfilters.com/maf/massair.htm
    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 368K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 88K miles, the family hauler!

  7. #6532
    Registered Member PatrickGSR94's Avatar

    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Memphis TN area
    Posts
    502
    FINALLY replaced the shifter switch in our CX5 that has been giving us fits with not turning the car off fully when pressing the Stop/Start button for several months now. Wife said she had to sit in a parking lot the other day for at least 5 minutes turning the car on and off, on and off, on and off, wiggling the shifter in park to try to get it to turn off. Replaced the shifter switch yesterday and now hopefully all will be good. Cost about $60 from Med Center Mazda.

    On a side note, I'm appalled at how much stuff is held together with plastic clips. Only a few screws holding the console but then all the shifter trim panels are held with clips. I'm dealing with several broken plastic clips and other parts and pieces on my 25 year old Honda right now. I had to fabricate an entire aluminum bracket to hold the center vent stack on the Honda after some of the dashboard internal plastic parts broke off recently. I can't imagine what these newer cars will be like in 20+ years. Falling apart perhaps?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  8. #6533
    Registered Member

    2019 Mazda CX-5 Signature

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Belleair Beach, Florida
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    Well that's interesting. From K&N FAQ:
    No. This is an "urban myth" and has not been supported by any factual evidence. The oil does not come off of a K&N air filter when it is in use, even when over-oiled or in extreme air flow rates exceeding 1000 CF'M.
    I guess anecdotal evidence doesn't count as factual evidence in K&N's book. I've seen plenty of reports from Porsche owners with both K&N and BMC filters. The MAF is a good 8" from the filter housing and no other oil present (such as from a faulty AOS).

  9. #6534
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    7,719

    Arrow What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    FINALLY replaced the shifter switch in our CX5 that has been giving us fits with not turning the car off fully when pressing the Stop/Start button for several months now. Wife said she had to sit in a parking lot the other day for at least 5 minutes turning the car on and off, on and off, on and off, wiggling the shifter in park to try to get it to turn off. Replaced the shifter switch yesterday and now hopefully all will be good. Cost about $60 from Med Center Mazda.

    On a side note, I'm appalled at how much stuff is held together with plastic clips. Only a few screws holding the console but then all the shifter trim panels are held with clips. I'm dealing with several broken plastic clips and other parts and pieces on my 25 year old Honda right now. I had to fabricate an entire aluminum bracket to hold the center vent stack on the Honda after some of the dashboard internal plastic parts broke off recently. I can't imagine what these newer cars will be like in 20+ years. Falling apart perhaps?
    Yep this's a norm that those interior trim pieces now use many plastic clips to hold everything together. Worse, those clips designed only go one-way easily during assembly, but it'll be difficult to remove separating trim pieces. Chances are the clip will be broken easily especially when it's aged.

    On the other hand, most car owners don't keep their cars forever like you and me, so they don't care.

  10. #6535
    Registered Member
    Donated: $5

    CX-5 GT

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    531
    Velcro tape was invented for reason...
    Last edited by yugrus; 06-11-2019 at 04:53 PM.

  11. #6536
    Registered Member PatrickGSR94's Avatar

    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Memphis TN area
    Posts
    502
    I had to make this piece awhile back to hold the center vents in my Integra after the entire plastic support bracket broke off. 25 year old car problems.

    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  12. #6537
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    I had to make this piece awhile back to hold the center vents in my Integra after the entire plastic support bracket broke off. 25 year old car problems.

    Sometimes you gotta fabricate. In some all too many cars, it turns out better than OEM.

  13. #6538
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Sig Soul Red

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    39
    Installed OEM rear splash / mud guards.

    Was unsuccessful installing front guards as I did not have a *jack nut tool* and then was was unable to peel back the front fender guard.

    Dealer was supposed to install but they did not arrive in time when they delivered the car. Dealer is 1 hr away, but may return so they can install. I*ll look in the *how to* section here first and maybe try again.

  14. #6539
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 White Pearl Sig

    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    west coast
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM12144 View Post
    Installed OEM rear splash / mud guards.

    Was unsuccessful installing front guards as I did not have a *jack nut tool* and then was was unable to peel back the front fender guard.
    I was sure something was going to break in the process but it came apart without damage. There's no need for a jack nut tool, the part it goes into is temporarily removed from the vehicle so it's possible to do the job on a workbench. Install the jack nut by lightly and squarely tapping down on it with a ball peen hammer while using something firm on the underside to act as an anvil.

  15. #6540
    Registered Member Jedi54's Avatar

    2019 Mazda CX-5, GT-R

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SoCal, CA
    Posts
    402
    my picture isn't nearly as cool as Semper's but washed my CX-5 for the first time.



Page 436 of 439 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What have you done to your P5 today?
    By Tégé5 in forum Protege5
    Replies: 56608
    Last Post: 06-07-2019, 07:53 PM
  2. Anyone today?
    By Joost27 in forum Miata Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 10:29 PM
  3. I'm in USA Today...today!
    By whitemp5seattle in forum Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
  4. Got my MSP today!!
    By jersey_emt in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 12:57 AM
  5. Got hit today :-((((
    By alexlitov in forum Protege5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •