What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed a NAPA Legend 630 CCA battery. Damn Interstate Megatron II 550 CCA died at less than 3 years old. 3rd battery in my 2013 since new (OEM, Interstate, now the NAPA).

Replaced the lightbulb that illuminates the gear selection for the transmission. Randomly blew out about a month ago. Sylvania 2721 is a good replacement bulb.

200px-Roop1_megatron_flask.jpg
Installed a NAPA Legend 630 CCA battery. Damn Interstate Megatron II 550 CCA died at less than 3 years old. 3rd battery in my 2013 since new (OEM, Interstate, now the NAPA).
"Megatron" 😂 sounds fake

I had to google search the stupid name to make sure I wasn’t making it up, lol. I thought the same thing as I was pulling it out!!! I don’t remember laughing about it when it was installed. I don’t think I ever caught the model name when I first got it 😂

I had 3M ceramic tint applied as well:
a) 70% to windshield
b) 20% to the other windows as that seemed to best match what was already on the rear windows.

Most importantly, after all the rain we've had, I washed it and vacuumed the interior. It won't look good for long with another 7+ days of rain coming, but I simply couldn't stand looking at it (or touching it as it was so grimy) any longer. :)

Waited a long time for it to get made, but replaced my janky gauge set up for a pod. I caused short circuit and blew the fuse the gauges are on when I snipped a bundle of wires.. oil pressure gauge reads 100 at 0 now and seems off at idle so I ordered a new sender. Otherwise ipl have to replace the gauge.
20200310_133522.jpg
88370897_10163322744950487_4511978618938720256_o.jpg

Waited a long time for it to get made, but replaced my janky gauge set up for a pod. I caused short circuit and blew the fuse the gauges are on when I snipped a bundle of wires.. oil pressure gauge reads 100 at 0 now and seems off at idle so I ordered a new sender. Otherwise ipl have to replace the gauge.
View attachment 223441View attachment 223442

Are you successfully running boost on your 2015?

Vacuumed interior and washed it yesterday, took it in to the dealer this morning for first oil change, state inspection, tire rotation.

Got up this morning after washing it yesterday and saw this:
mirror.png

Got some soapy water and a rinse bucket and cleaned it off before leaving for the dealers. Took the buckets inside, came back out, and he had hit it again!

Got back from the dealer, went inside for a while, came back out, and the side was covered.

This is a new thing. There's a bird who has taken a sudden liking to my car.

Yesterday afternoon, somebody took a picture of my car and he was so excited, that he never seen an suv look this good lowered. He wanted to show the pictures to somebody else as well. He was driving a CRV.

Purchased a red 2020 GT with Premium package last Saturday while it was somewhere in America enroute to the dealer in Kansas City. Picked it up today. Nothing like the new car smell. Counting on any spores to have died on the ship from Japan! Planning a road trip to get acquainted with it.

Replaced rear brakes, rotors and bled them. Powerstop coated rotors and pads from rockauto. Timely as the right rear pads were almost to the metal.

Replaced rear brakes, rotors and bled them. Powerstop coated rotors and pads from rockauto. Timely as the right rear pads were almost to the metal.
If you have a 2016 CX-5, have you checked the date code on the rear calipers? You may need revised calipers to prevent uneven rear right and left disk pad wear due to rear brake dragging based on an EPB TSB.

A low-level thing, but I like how the license plate screws are dressed up...

I ordered some scenic license plates and did a custom number. In Virginia, our standard plates are white, and some scenic ones are rectangles screened over the white plate, leaving a 3/8" white border all the way around.

I bought a black frame for the rear (to get rid of the cheap silver dealer frame) and painted the white plate borders (front and rear) to match, because the white looked horrible in contrast. (The painting I did complies with the statutes.)

The plate sits on top of the frame so that none of the plate is obscured by the frame. I used screw caps to cover the top mounting screws. For the unused bottom plate holes I ran #14x20 pan head nylon screws (won't rust or scratch) through the back side, cut them to length and attached the caps with low-profile nuts. Did this front & rear. The front tag is on the factory mount. I had to buy different mounting screws for the front plate because the original large hex head ones were too large to fit in the caps.

I kinda like the finished "riveted look."

Front Plate redacted.jpg

Rear Plate redacted.jpg

Plugged in a $36 Mazda GPS SD card. Works great!
A low-level thing, but I like how the license plate screws are dressed up...

I ordered some scenic license plates and did a custom number. In Virginia, our standard plates are white, and some scenic ones are rectangles screened over the white plate, leaving a 3/8" white border all the way around.

I bought a black frame for the rear (to get rid of the cheap silver dealer frame) and painted the white plate borders (front and rear) to match, because the white looked horrible in contrast. (The painting I did complies with the statutes.)

The plate sits on top of the frame so that none of the plate is obscured by the frame. I used screw caps to cover the top mounting screws. For the unused bottom plate holes I ran #14x20 pan head nylon screws (won't rust or scratch) through the back side, cut them to length and attached the caps with low-profile nuts. Did this front & rear. The front tag is on the factory mount. I had to buy different mounting screws for the front plate because the original large hex head ones were too large to fit in the caps.

I kinda like the finished "riveted look."

View attachment 223586

View attachment 223588
Looks good Deer,little projects like that help keep the mind busy in these stressful times.I also replaced the dealer license plate frames with Matte black ones,no free advertising Mr. dealer!Anxiously waiting for the weather to take a turn,we just got 8 inches of snow.First order of business will be a full detail in and out.Stay safe Sir.....oh yea what oil did they use for your recent service?

Back