What have you done to your CX-5 today?

New tires on..Atlas Force UHP (Linglong, made in Thailand). All balanced fine

Hey Guys, I recently added the OEM LED fog light kit from Mazda to my 2019 CX-5 Touring, LED switch-back DRL/Turn Signal upgrade and changed the brake lights and rear turn signal bulbs to LED. Also upgraded the interior lights to LED.

Car Video Link. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0F79bF_GN00iYe20tVW22bFMA

Switch-Back LEDS - LED bulbs that run 6000K color temperature (white) and then switch to Amber color when turn signals are activated- once turn is complete the LED’s “switchback” to white
I recommend LASFIT as there are no codes or hyperflashing with their brand- also not LED load resistors are needed.

FRONT TURN SIGNAL/DRL’s -LASFIT CANBUS Anti Hyper Flash 7443 7444 T20 Dual Color Switchback LED Amber Turn Signal Light Blinker Bulbs, White Daytime Running Parking Light, No Load Resistor Need, Standard Socket (Pack of 2)
by Onemore Auto
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

REAR BRAKE LIGHTS -LASFIT 7443 7444 CANBUS LED Brake Light Bulb, Error Free LED Bulbs, Red Light(2pcs)
by Onemore Auto

REAR TURN SIGNALS -LASFIT 7440 Anti Hyper Flash Canbus LED Turn Signal Light W21W WY21W Blinker Bulbs, No Load Resistor Need, 2019 Upgraded Intelligent Temperature Control Version- Amber Yellow (Pack of 2)
by Onemore Auto

Attachments

• C0E232DA-6360-46C1-92CC-8AFE7D447985.jpeg
    C0E232DA-6360-46C1-92CC-8AFE7D447985.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 241
  • 20832811-7EF7-43A2-98DF-9A649811A385.jpeg
    20832811-7EF7-43A2-98DF-9A649811A385.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 247
  • 6451C350-F4B9-4B9E-886E-A9E9F184B215.jpeg
    6451C350-F4B9-4B9E-886E-A9E9F184B215.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
  • 0F8E7C0B-92DD-4F27-8BEF-1DE481EBADE0.jpeg
    0F8E7C0B-92DD-4F27-8BEF-1DE481EBADE0.jpeg
    645.5 KB · Views: 236
Friendly reminder.. make sure you are maintaining your pcv/vacuum system (head cleaner). Makes a big difference on oil consumption

Last week: Installed Michelin Crossclimate SUV 225/65-r17 on stock wheels.

Yesterday: Uploaded 2nd Ovtuned 93 octane file, the CX-5 now feels like it has a small displacement v6.

Yesterday: Uploaded 2nd Ovtuned 93 octane file, the CX-5 now feels like it has a small displacement v6.
I'd like to hear back after a while as to how you like that tune, and how it has affected your mileage. I've heard reports that the tunes actually increase mileage because the factory tunes tend to run rich. Which year/trim CX-5 do you have?

ps: I see you're in NOVA. I moved to Louisa County 10 years ago after living in Vienna since the early 60s. It used to be a nice place to live. So much happier here.

I'd like to hear back after a while as to how you like that tune, and how it has affected your mileage. I've heard reports that the tunes actually increase mileage because the factory tunes tend to run rich. Which year/trim CX-5 do you have?

ps: I see you're in NOVA. I moved to Louisa County 10 years ago after living in Vienna since the early 60s. It used to be a nice place to live. So much happier here.

2014 AWD Touring with the Bose radio, moon roof, and roof rails.

So far I like the tune a lot, it feels like there's a bigger motor in there, it pulls from a stop with less drama, shifts earlier and cruises with less throttle needed. And it pulls much harder when you step on it up until 7000rpm.

I'm curious about the mpg figures as well. It feels like there should be some mpg gains if you stay out of the loud pedal. I'm still on my original full tank post tune.

Most of my driving is stop and go traffic. I used to average 20-22 mpg per tank of 93 octane on winter gas. Summer blend I was getting 23-24 mpg per tank.

2014 AWD Touring with the Bose radio, moon roof, and roof rails.

So far I like the tune a lot, it feels like there's a bigger motor in there, it pulls from a stop with less drama, shifts earlier and cruises with less throttle needed. And it pulls much harder when you step on it up until 7000rpm.

I'm curious about the mpg figures as well. It feels like there should be some mpg gains if you stay out of the loud pedal. I'm still on my original full tank post tune.

Most of my driving is stop and go traffic. I used to average 20-22 mpg per tank of 93 octane on winter gas. Summer blend I was getting 23-24 mpg per tank.
I'm waiting for my warranty to expire before I do something like that...but I'm compiling a list of upgrades (ECU tune, paddle shifters, suspension). I know there was another company who did tunes where you loaded the standard software, drove around with your laptop connected to monitor certain data points, then sent a file back for the final "custom for your car" tune to install. Folks told of mileage improvement. I think that company stopped doing Mazdas last year.

I've often stated that if I were still driving in NOVA conditions I would have passed on the turbo. Unless you go out at 3AM, there's little opportunity to open the thing up.

Let us know how that mileage fares. Interesting to see that level of performance improvement in a NA engine.

Our new girl had a rough day yesterday. We had not taken her out on the freeway since we purchased her less than a week ago. We were on our way to limo tint the back five windows (front driver and passenger at legal limit). Not 5 minutes later, a cement truck kicks up a huge rock and cracked the windshield. My gf was in tears. Insuranced called, thank god we are covered for free glass replacement. Ceramic tint planned for the windshield once we have the new OEM glass.

Attachments

• 20200303_205413.jpg
    20200303_205413.jpg
    696.7 KB · Views: 200
So after our incident with the windshield, we completed the limo tint on the back five windows. We had been struggling a bit to find a decent storage solution for the rear. We ended up at Costco and found these collapsable and stackable containers. We purchased 4 because we did not know how they would fit. So happy we did! $6.99 per container if anyone is having the same issue we did.

Attachments

• 20200304_124936.jpg
    20200304_124936.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 243
  • 20200304_140306.jpg
    20200304_140306.jpg
    930 KB · Views: 240
So after our incident with the windshield, we completed the limo tint on the back five windows. We had been struggling a bit to find a decent storage solution for the rear. We ended up at Costco and found these collapsable and stackable containers. We purchased 4 because we did not know how they would fit. So happy we did! $6.99 per container if anyone is having the same issue we did.

Daaang! Sorry to hear about your windshield!

Those are nice crates though...I'll have to see if I can find something similar locally...no Costco around these parts!

Is this recent? Who is doing your tuning? Ovtuned Philippines? The original Ovt is out of the mazda game, but I've been told people can email ovtune philipenes (Rafel) directly.

That's true. There is alot of info about making v8 corvettes get 35+mpg with lean burn tunes. The problem with lean burn, is that as far as EPA is concerned it's more NOx emission.

Oil/filter change, tire rotation. Tightened the passenger rear sway bar bushing as it had loosened again. Also saw that the end link was touching the control arm, need to look at that and see if the link itself is damaged or something else causing it. When the weather gets consistently warmer I'm going to have to remove the chassis braces I have, strip and paint them as the winter road sprays have them corroded.

Is this recent? Who is doing your tuning? Ovtuned Philippines? The original Ovt is out of the mazda game, but I've been told people can email ovtune philipenes (Rafel) directly.
Yep, I emailed the main OVTune account on their site and Rafael responded that he would do the Mazda tune. I started around mid Feb and got my first tune file last week. They were running a discount on their Toyota tunes and they applied it to my Mazda tune as well.

Yep, I emailed the main OVTune account on their site and Rafael responded that he would do the Mazda tune. I started around mid Feb and got my first tune file last week. They were running a discount on their Toyota tunes and they applied it to my Mazda tune as well.
Thanks, I kept hearing this but hadn't heard about anyone following through.

How much is a tune like that? How it is applied to the car?
It was on sale for $499.

They send you a dongle that you connect to your obd port and your laptop. You download your cars ecu settings along with some driving logs collected via the app and send it to them. Ovtune then modifies the file and sends it back to you and you upload that file into your car.

Back