What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Now I see what you guys did, the gap on my tailgate is gonna bother me!!!

I assume these are installed with tape (David, I think you've replace the provided tape with 3M). Now that you have them, are there issues when you wash the car (does dirt accumulate on them, does water get behind them & dilute the adhesive, etc) or do they sit snug to the body?

Also, can you recommend a manufacturer/vendor?

Thanks!

I assume these are installed with tape (David, I think you've replace the provided tape with 3M). Now that you have them, are there issues when you wash the car (does dirt accumulate on them, does water get behind them & dilute the adhesive, etc) or do they sit snug to the body?

Thanks!

I picked mine up on Amazon.com; the manufacturer was Beautost. The pieces are attached with tape and they fit pretty snug to the body. After having one of them come loose on the very end of the tip, I removed them both and replaced the tape with 3M tape. No problems since. They've been on for about 7 months.

Thanks!

Absolutely no problem after replacing the tape. The strip fits very tightly to the body.

Water and dirt do not cause any problems either.

Sorry that I can't recommend any particular seller. It's been too long since I got this and don't remember. However, I did get it off of ebay from a Chinese seller. Aren't they all. :)

BTW, the added chrome surround on the top of the side windows is real stainless steel.

Yes, everything is from China.

I notice a lot of folks replace their interior trim as well.

It seems I've stepped into a parallel universe when I bought this car.

Well, I totaled my Black Mica 2013 FWD Touring a couple of weeks ago, had 77K on the clock, and ended up purchasing a Titanium Flash Mica 2016 AWD Touring with 55K. Man, the difference in power between the 2.0 and 2.5 is surprising. I lost a sunroof and roof rack, but gained AWD and larger displacement. Paid $12,995 for the 2013 with 44K in March 2018, ended up getting $13,600 for it and bought the 2016 for $14,900, so worked out okay.

Congrats! That's a great color.

Ouch Chris. What is going on with your car? You have some weird issues, with your car. Nobody else has them.

Bought a red one to park next to my silver one. :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• CX-5x2.jpg
    CX-5x2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 669
Ouch Chris. What is going on with your car? You have some weird issues, with your car. Nobody else has them.
1 of the 3 oil pump bolt fell into oil pump chain and broke it. Musta have forgot to torque it after the rod bearing change a few weeks ago

1 of the 3 oil pump bolt fell into oil pump chain and broke it. Musta have forgot to torque it after the rod bearing change a few weeks ago

The joys of wrenching! Just to balance out the satisfaction of it.

Just purchased a white (black interior) 2017 CX5 Touring with Preferred Package + Apple CarPlay. So far, LOVE IT! This thread has been SUPER helpful. So far,I recently purchased a few things for the car (see below), and I'll post a picture once I get everything on it.

- AutofitPro rear bumper protector
- Front, rear, and cargo OEM all-season floor mats
- Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat wax

Otherwise, any other tips/tricks or recommendations are welcomed!

What did you do to clean the engine bay?

Wetted with light spray from hose, then sprayed with Adam's APC, used lugnut brush to agitate dirt, then rinsed. Used air gun to dry. On cold engine with alternator covered with plastic bag. Low pressure water only. Then dressed interior vinyl and rubber.

Wetted with light spray from hose, then sprayed with Adam's APC, used lugnut brush to agitate dirt, then rinsed. Used air gun to dry. On cold engine with alternator covered with plastic bag. Low pressure water only. Then dressed interior vinyl and rubber.

That's a good idea to keep the engine clean. I understand it helps the engine run cooler.

I don't know about running cooler, but it makes me feel better knowing it's clean.

It's amazing how much cleaner modern engines stay compared to the old gas belching, oil puking, grease oozing monsters.

It's amazing how much cleaner modern engines stay compared to the old gas belching, oil puking, grease oozing monsters.

It's also amazing that we used to pop open the champagne should we be fortunate enough to hit 100,000 miles whereas today that's pretty much a minimum expectation.

Back