What have you done to your CX-5 today?

New parts came in! Rip
65302476_10161862387620487_6552969248619102208_o.jpg

Ok I'm stumped. What are those parts?

Chris, why do you need bearings? Those are the connecting rod bearings, right?

Oil starve during a turn. But after draining the oil again, no more material showed up. But now I've spent two 4 hr sessions trying to get one stuck bolt out that keeping me from removing the oil pan.

Well it was raining hard when I picked my car up from the body shop yesterday.

Got a good look at the work this morning and I am steaming ******* pissed. 2 panels are still not fitting together well which tells me either they didn't replace those parts, or there's other issues not addressed. Either way, going back this afternoon. At this point, don't know whether to blame the body shop or the lady's Progressive insurance for trying to fix as cheap as possible. The rest of the work came out great, so I don't know. Needless to say after a week without my car and to get it back and it's not quite up to snuff, I'm a little ticked off.

Last edited:
Well it was raining hard when I picked my car up from the body shop yesterday.

Got a good look at the work this morning and I am steaming ******* pissed. 2 panels are still not fitting together well which tells me either they didn't replace those parts, or there's other issues not addressed. Either way, going back this afternoon. At this point, don't know whether to blame the body shop or the lady's Progressive insurance for trying to fix as cheap as possible. The rest of the work came out great, so I don't know.

hmm..curious to see their work. Post a pic once its dry out.

Yeah will do. Will have to wash it first.

Well just got back from the body shop. Showed them where the 2 panels weren't flush. They take the car back, tech comes back and says, oh yeah the bracket back here is broken, we'll have to order a new one and we'll give you a call when it comes in to have it replaced.

So...were you just hoping I wouldn't notice??? Anyway, just pissy about it. More time and effort out of my day on something that should have been fixed the first time.

Well just got back from the body shop. Showed them where the 2 panels weren't flush. They take the car back, tech comes back and says, oh yeah the bracket back here is broken, we'll have to order a new one and we'll give you a call when it comes in to have it replaced.

So...were you just hoping I wouldn't notice??? Anyway, just pissy about it. More time and effort out of my day on something that should have been fixed the first time.

yup...seems like other party's insurance trying to cheap out. Keep staying on top of it Colorado. Ensure no corner are cut.

What kind of body shop sees a broken bracket and doesn't replace it? You should be pissed.

We did a test drive of the 2019 GT Reserve both in the standard 2.5L and the turbo over the weekend. Now we are leaning heavy on the turbo version. We are going on another test drive tonight of a 2018 red Touring w/ PP with only 13,500 miles for $24k. We might be able to hold out a bit longer and see what the 2020s offer up. We could wait until January and go after a 19/20.

It comes down to driving pleasure,
if driving pleasure is what you're going for, I'd say go for the turbo,

If not, the 2.5 NA is good enough for day to day driving.

We did a test drive of the 2019 GT Reserve both in the standard 2.5L and the turbo over the weekend. Now we are leaning heavy on the turbo version. We are going on another test drive tonight of a 2018 red Touring w/ PP with only 13,500 miles for $24k. We might be able to hold out a bit longer and see what the 2020s offer up. We could wait until January and go after a 19/20.

I'd highly advise not to rush the shop. Let them do there work, you inspect, they repeat the work until you're satisfied.

I'm not rushing them at all and I did not at all during the process. I let them call me when they had updates or to tell me when they'd be done. I didn't badger them or rush them at all.

Anyway, they're ordering the part and will call me when it gets here and we'll go from there.

Back