What have you done to your CX-5 today?

on amazon heres the link. I also purchased some inexpensive tools so I wont scrqtch any surfaces.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

once I figure out how to post pics via my cellphone in this thread I will! lol unless you can teach me.

Thank you.

I am the last person to ask about posting pics. There has been a problem with my account since the beginning. One of the admins spent quite a bit of time with me trying to figure it out, and I just gave up.

I'm sure lots of folks here could help you out.

That's a pretty good price for all those bulbs! Let us know how you like them.

Thanks, 7.

That's a site others have recommended here before. I remember that they recommend a load resistor for turn signals.

They've yet to update their application charts with 2019 models. Maybe I'll send them an email.

I pieced together my own LED conversion kit for my CX-9, including rear turn signal bulbs. The ones I bought and installed have the resistor built into the housing of the bulb. Because of that, the bulb is a little bit longer than the OEM one, but there's enough room in the CX-9 housing so it worked out for me, not sure if it would be the same for the CX-5. This is just fyi, in case you consider this type of bulb in the future.

I pieced together my own LED conversion kit for my CX-9, including rear turn signal bulbs. The ones I bought and installed have the resistor built into the housing of the bulb. Because of that, the bulb is a little bit longer than the OEM one, but there's enough room in the CX-9 housing so it worked out for me, not sure if it would be the same for the CX-5. This is just fyi, in case you consider this type of bulb in the future.

Thanks for that. I'll have to pay attention to the specific design as I'm buying.

Back in the 70s, I worked for a company that made extensive use of LEDs because of their low current demand. It's amazing to see them put out the lumens that they do these days. Never used to be that way.

Thanks, 7.

That's a site others have recommended here before. I remember that they recommend a load resistor for turn signals.

They've yet to update their application charts with 2019 models. Maybe I'll send them an email.
So I bought the Amazon ones. I installed them. Got the front ones in and as I'm reading the manual I'm having a harder time reading. I was like... Huh? The light is so cold and Stark... Worse then like an operating room. Kept them for a week and put the old ones back. I posted in the Cars sub on Reddit "I don't understand why people like LEDs in cars?" And that's when I learned about LED Temperatures thank to some Redditors. Got the Warm ones from Super Bright and it made all the difference. Incandescent hues with LED longevity.
I have no doubt 17 or 18 will also fit 19 on the interior and license plate bulbs.

So I bought the Amazon ones. I installed them. Got the front ones in and as I'm reading the manual I'm having a harder time reading. I was like... Huh? The light is so cold and Stark... Worse then like an operating room. Kept them for a week and put the old ones back. I posted in the Cars sub on Reddit "I don't understand why people like LEDs in cars?" And that's when I learned about LED Temperatures thank to some Redditors. Got the Warm ones from Super Bright and it made all the difference. Incandescent hues with LED longevity.
I have no doubt 17 or 18 will also fit 19 on the interior and license plate bulbs.

I appreciate it.

As an FYI, Superbrite's website recommends the stock license plate bulb. I recall it from my reading it the other day. They also state that the backup bulbs are not serviceable by user, which I find to be odd.

But upon further review, I have a larger issue here.

I've whined before about the Mazda Owner's Manual. The Bulb Specification Table (Table 9-9, Page 681) is another one of those areas that is lacking. Some bulbs just say "LED" with no bulb type or wattage specification, as though the bulbs are not replaceable separate from the assembly (those would be Headlights, Fog Lights, Side Turn Signal Lights, High-Mount Brake Light, Reverse Lights, and License Plate Lights). But there are places to purchase at least the License Plate bulbs...Superbrite shows a P/N for the original bulb, and that Amazon kit provides an LED replacement for it.

The other thing that confuses me is that the manual's Bulb Spec Table states that all the interior lights are already LED (Type 8 and Type 2). So what are the upgrades for...a different wavelength?

Aha. That may be why 19s aren't listed. Did Mazda go LED only in 19?
Open that dome light and take a peak.

Yeh, now we've had the conversation I'll pull the cover off. But the Owner Maintenance part of the manual also says they are LED.

The guy who started this conversation and got his LED bulbs from Amazon has a '19 Reserve (Boogie, speak up, man!). And that Amazon listing does list 2019 Mazda (but he's trying to sell a product). And my interior lights are not bright white.

I'll pull the dome cover off tomorrow if I think about it, but I know what I'll find.

I don't think that method is silly at all, it's what I do if I'm only rotating the tires. No need for jack stands, which I do have.

Thank you, brother. Now that I think about it, it might be the same work as securing 4 jack stands.

As for the topic of this thread, today I put a K&N oiled filter in place of the the stock air filter. My 2013 only has 36K miles on it (cheers)

I ordered an amazon led kit just before reading this. Anyway my Reserve has all interior lights the old style. Only license plate lights are led. I*ll update once i install the new lights.

On the other hand, I ordered cargo cover, all weather mats, wheel locks.
One small thing that was kinda unexpected for me was that the side mirror are not auto adjusted with the seat setting.

I ordered an amazon led kit just before reading this. Anyway my Reserve has all interior lights the old style. Only license plate lights are led. I*ll update once i install the new lights.

On the other hand, I ordered cargo cover, all weather mats, wheel locks.
One small thing that was kinda unexpected for me was that the side mirror are not auto adjusted with the seat setting.

So can you find any reference in your Owner's Manual to the specs of the non-LED interior bulbs?

sang happy birthday
one year of ownership today!

cartoon-birthday-cake-008.jpg

So can you find any reference in your Owner's Manual to the specs of the non-LED interior bulbs?

The manual just says Led type or *normal* bulbs. Also if you see the pictures, they are just the regular festoon bulbs. Check page 6-48. Question is, is the Signature trim the one with the leds? Anyways, not a big deal to change them.

Yeh, now we've had the conversation I'll pull the cover off. But the Owner Maintenance part of the manual also says they are LED.

The guy who started this conversation and got his LED bulbs from Amazon has a '19 Reserve (Boogie, speak up, man!). And that Amazon listing does list 2019 Mazda (but he's trying to sell a product). And my interior lights are not bright white.

I'll pull the dome cover off tomorrow if I think about it, but I know what I'll find.

Sorry, been busy. I havent had the chance to install the led interior lights yet. And in my 2019 Reserve all interior lights did not come with LEDs. The license plate light looks nice crisp and white. (they look like LED) so I wont be changing those.

Sorry, been busy. I haven't had the chance to install the led interior lights yet. And in my 2019 Reserve all interior lights did not come with LEDs. The license plate light looks nice crisp and white. (they look like LED) so I wont be changing those.

I haven't pulled the covers off of mine to verify that they are incandescent (I have a Reserve)...but I'm sure they are.

My frustration is directed at the Owner's Manual. There are way too many gaps in it. Even the Specification Tables are lacking, with no reference to the specs on the interior incandescent bulbs. It says they are LED Bulb Types 8 and 2 (whatever that spec means, I can't find them on the web). Only the Signature has LED interior bulbs. All other trims seem to be omitted.

Super Bright LEDs lists all the interior bulbs for the 2019 CX-5 except for the vanity mirror (LED Bulb Type 2).

Sorry. I'll get off my soapbox. No more owner's manual whining...for now.

Let us know how you like those lights.

I haven't pulled the covers off of mine to verify that they are incandescent (I have a Reserve)...but I'm sure they are.

My frustration is directed at the Owner's Manual. There are way too many gaps in it. Even the Specification Tables are lacking, with no reference to the specs on the interior incandescent bulbs. It says they are LED Bulb Types 8 and 2 (whatever that spec means, I can't find them on the web). Only the Signature has LED interior bulbs. All other trims seem to be omitted.

Super Bright LEDs lists all the interior bulbs for the 2019 CX-5 except for the vanity mirror (LED Bulb Type 2).

Sorry. I'll get off my soapbox. No more owner's manual whining...for now.

Let us know how you like those lights.

I have converted absolutely every incandescent bulb to LEDs in both my MX-5 and CX-5, inside and out.

Let me assure you, the Vanity Mirror lights in the CX-5 can be changed to LEDs. Unfortunately, it has been quite a while since I did them so don't remember what type they are. I know for sure that they are a common style of LED easily gotten from any vendor.

Remove one to get clarification. It's very easy to do.

I have converted absolutely every incandescent bulb to LEDs in both my MX-5 and CX-5, inside and out.

Let me assure you, the Vanity Mirror lights in the CX-5 can be changed to LEDs. Unfortunately, it has been quite a while since I did them so don't remember what type they are. I know for sure that they are a common style of LED easily gotten from any vendor.

Remove one to get clarification. It's very easy to do.

I absolutely plan on doing that. Some of the places I've looked have not updated their app charts for the 2019 MY. I believe that the Amazon kit includes a vanity light bulb. I also want to upgrade the brake lights. I want something bright and long-lasting there.

Back