What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I'll see what I can do. I actually ordered matte black wood grain vinyl from Amazon and they accidentally sent me the carbon fiber. I did it kind of as a test run before I buy the vinyl I really want.

VViViD Black Ash Wood Grain Textured Vinyl Wrap Film W/Air-release Adhesive (1ft x 48") https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
I'd love to see a write up of the steps or step by step pics.

Looks fantastic! After 2 months, my piano black section is inundated with fine scratches from nothing more than a soft cloth.

Cleaned the windows from the outside and vacuumed the drivers and front passenger foot wells since these are the 2 that experience the most traffic

Back from a 4k km road trip around the island. Visited Gros Morne National Park and the L'Anse Aux Meadows National Historic Site in the process. Usually do a cross island camping trip every year, and the CX-5 is definitely up to the task of hauling all my s*** around. Was a great trip! :)

I'll see what I can do. I actually ordered matte black wood grain vinyl from Amazon and they accidentally sent me the carbon fiber. I did it kind of as a test run before I buy the vinyl I really want.

VViViD Black Ash Wood Grain Textured Vinyl Wrap Film W/Air-release Adhesive (1ft x 48") https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Thank you! I've been wanting to wrap those too, but didn't know what to wrap it with. Love this.

Changed the license plate and tail lights to LEDs with my leftover bulbs. Didn't have any warm ones for the interior so have to order those.

Btw I'm new here. This is the first Mazda in our family. 18 Touring with preferred pack. Kinda feel it should've came with the signature LEDs but me and my wife are pretty happy with the car.
6ba02f60d1e91a8b67781ab3940cd6ad.jpg
c734355bc95aa25aa6ab566bc28ea807.jpg

I had to put the crystal white bulbs in my license plate too when I got it. Looks weird having the nice LED headlights and incandescent bulbs in the back. Hahaha. Looks good man!
I want to buy tail LEDs, but can't justify the cost until one blows, lol.

I had to put the crystal white bulbs in my license plate too when I got it. Looks weird having the nice LED headlights and incandescent bulbs in the back. Hahaha. Looks good man!
I want to buy tail LEDs, but can't justify the cost until one blows, lol.

Get the entire tail light assembly from a wrecker for a cheapish price.

I am sure there has been a few KF CX-5's written off by now!

Changed oil, emptied catch can, rotated tyres and replaced the gasket off the exhaust manifold to mid pipe.

Changed oil, emptied catch can, rotated tyres and replaced the gasket off the exhaust manifold to mid pipe.
Wouldn't mind to see a picture of your catch can content. Is it still significant less after you switched to 5W-30 oil?

Last edited:
43211255875_36fce53913_b.jpg

My latest work - now I have a 2014 CX-5 with CarPlay! After messing around with an Android head unit from AliExpress that I liked but had too many drawbacks, I decided to buy this Sony XAV-AX100 along with the required adapters to make as much of the factory kit work as possible.
I'm very happy with how it looks and works (despite the lack of commander switch) and the sound quality is excellent. I did modify the Metra fascia adapter as I didn't like the fact that it sinks the stereo deeper into the dash and also not tilted as the original unit is.

29180397257_810175f07e_b.jpg

The standard interface when outside of CarPlay

43211255735_5ee1cf5e8d_b.jpg

The reversing camera works correctly when reverse gear has been selected - this took a bit of detective work as the Sony and Mazda adapter have the handbrake and reverse gear trigger wires reversed!

43211255955_73398836a5_b.jpg

Night time shot of the stereo

43211255595_bc85f99ef8_b.jpg

And finally a quick shot of the exterior, my CX-5 is looking fantastic thanks to CarPro Essence and Gyeon Cancoat.

Last edited:
Back