What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed adjustable windshield mount for my Galaxy S3 and then put a little NFC tag which I programmed to turn off wifi, turn on GPS, bluetooth and mobile data, open spotify, dashcam voyager (dashcam to help prevent insurance fraud) and navigation, and tell me "Hello *name*" when I place in my phone. Such an easy and cheap install to have me this happy.

Programmable NFC tag? Wow, very interesting! Where did you get it?
I was thinking NFC was only used for payments...

Sorry no pics but here's the install instructions that gives you an idea of what it looks like.
http://mazda.handa.com/cx5/cx5cargocover.pdf

Please, let me understand: in the US, CX-5 comes without anything and the cargo cover must be separately purchased?
It seems to me that in Italy it's standard on all models.
In the trunk there is also a special slot where to put it when not in use. Obviously no spare wheel.

Please, let me understand: in the US, CX-5 comes without anything and the cargo cover must be separately purchased?
It seems to me that in Italy it's standard on all models.
In the trunk there is also a special slot where to put it when not in use. Obviously no spare wheel.
Yeah, it's not standard, but an option. At first, I thought it wasn't necessary bc there's no side windows next to the cargo area, but with a flashlight, you can still see the contents inside. So I bought one for security purposes as we do occasionally go into the city.

Installed LED DRLs

cx54.jpg

Installed LED DRLs from iJDMTOY.com. Was going to cut and install vinyl liner for the deadman pedal but it started to snow.(pissed) I guess it will have to wait until the weather breaks. Awaiting the arrival of OEM hood & side window deflectors.

Programmable NFC tag? Wow, very interesting! Where did you get it?
I was thinking NFC was only used for payments...

eBay has a ton of them for fairly cheap. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

NFC Task Launcher has many default profiles and is very easy to use. Free in the android market. Just choose your options, click save, and place your phone on the NFC tag to write it. I just stuck mine on the inside of the windshield mount. One at work. One on my nightstand. One on my beer fridge. :) Love it.

I installed the clear bra on the front bumper. It was a 2 hour job with my wife helping. It came out good, so good you cannot see it on our white car.
John

I installed the clear bra on the front bumper. It was a 2 hour job with my wife helping. It came out good, so good you cannot see it on our white car.
John
Do you mind sharing where you purchased the clear bra & how much.
I think I was quoted $800 to install hood & bumper.

Deadman cover

deadman.jpg

Installed the deadpedal today, had to do it sooner then later because the area was getting trashed from all of the snow on the ground around here the last few days. Now I need to get in there and try to clean it up.

Last edited:
Installed OEM All Weather Mats and Door Sill Plates, and tomorrow I should receive the OEM Cargo Tray

Do you mind sharing where you purchased the clear bra & how much.
I think I was quoted $800 to install hood & bumper.

It was purchased from Invisible Mask. I think the bumper was around $120. The more I closely (micro) inspect it I can find a few blemishes. You would not notice them unless you were looking specifically for them, I tend to be very anal so they pi$$ me off, but it looks a lot better than a bunch of road rash. I would not bother with the hood, get the OEM deflector and there is not much left to protect. The problem with this clear vinyl stuff is you will definitely find that over time the edges will collect grim and become very noticeable. I had it on my last car and it will happen, especially on white like mine is.

It was purchased from Invisible Mask. I think the bumper was around $120. The more I closely (micro) inspect it I can find a few blemishes. You would not notice them unless you were looking specifically for them, I tend to be very anal so they pi$$ me off, but it looks a lot better than a bunch of road rash. I would not bother with the hood, get the OEM deflector and there is not much left to protect. The problem with this clear vinyl stuff is you will definitely find that over time the edges will collect grim and become very noticeable. I had it on my last car and it will happen, especially on white like mine is.
I actually got hood clear bra. I don't care about bumper since it's not going to rust. Waiting for nicer weather to install.

Last edited:
Back