What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I washed and detailed my black GT AWD yesterday, even though it's only a week old we had a snow storm during the week and I was freaking out over the road salt on the car. Thank god I had ordered and put in Husky all weather mats the day before the storm (paid for rush shipment.)

I washed and detailed my black GT AWD yesterday, even though it's only a week old we had a snow storm during the week and I was freaking out over the road salt on the car. Thank god I had ordered and put in Husky all weather mats the day before the storm (paid for rush shipment.)

^Lol-- I know the feeling. I was laying on the ground hosing off the under body before washing her yesterday.

Gonna try to figure something out for that carpeted dead pedal today.

I got the OEM All-Weather Floor Mats with my vehicle because they were on the invoice from the factory. For all of my past vehicles have purchased WeatherTech-type mats, and was going to do so for the CX-5 also but as I said, this one had them included. Since the dealer put them right on top of the OEM carpet floor mats I had to take them out to remove the carpeted mats. They were surprisingly heavy and thick. They won't hold as much liquid as the WeatherTechs but they will be a little more comfortable (they are thick rubber) and less slippery. Because of the peg system they stay in place pretty well too. Just my 2 cents worth...

Last edited:
Since the dealer put them right on top of the OEM carpet floor mats I had to take them out to remove the carpeted mats.

Gotta love dealers who just ignore installation instructions that specifically state that they are not to be installed over the carpet mats. Wonder if that dealer will bother to drain your oil before adding new when they do an oil change.....

^Lol-- I know the feeling. I was laying on the ground hosing off the under body before washing her yesterday.

Gonna try to figure something out for that carpeted dead pedal today.

Easiest mod yet:
719381040429lg.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd_234337-33674-F40C51P001_0__?productId=3105543&Ntt=black+dahlia&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dblack%2Bdahlia&facetInfo=

075967900724lg.jpg

http://www.lowes.com/pd_20002-388-9...&pl=1&currentURL=?Ntt=velcro+black&facetInfo=

Cut the Wall Base to a length that allows it to tuck under your mat. Use 3 velcro squares on the right edge down the side and one at the bottom center.

Yep, saw that little tag tucked away underneath the rubber mats, so there's no way they didn't see it...Just ordered the soft rear cargo liner a minute ago. Once that goes in I will see if I need (or want) the OEM cargo liner that matches the OEM all-weather floor mats.

Retractable cargo over, thrown in by my sales mgr. Good times!
Mine was delivered yesterday. Got it on eBay for $144/shipped
It's pretty light & easy to install. The pic that Mazda has on their site is kinda misleading bc it shows the cargo cover laying flat while the hatch is open. It only attaches to the hatch or is retracted. There are no hooks to keep it horizontal while the hatch is open.

It's pretty light & easy to install. The pic that Mazda has on their site is kinda misleading bc it shows the cargo cover laying flat while the hatch is open. It only attaches to the hatch or is retracted. There are no hooks to keep it horizontal while the hatch is open.

I noticed that also, it would be nice to have both options available.

Installed the new soft cargo liner that arrived yesterday in the mail. It took about 10 minutes to install and went in without a hitch. Fits great. The only thing is that per the instructions there should be what I would call small wings close to the tailgate that would tuck under the floor by the sides by the small storage areas to hold the tailgate end of the cover in place and they are not there. It is cut to cover the floor exactally. Wanted to see how water resistant it would be so I ran it under some water before I installed in and there was absolutely no penetration at all. Very pleased with it. Waiting for the LED replacement bulbs I ordered for the DRLs to show up today...

Last edited:
Installed adjustable windshield mount for my Galaxy S3 and then put a little NFC tag which I programmed to turn off wifi, turn on GPS, bluetooth and mobile data, open spotify, dashcam voyager (dashcam to help prevent insurance fraud) and navigation, and tell me "Hello *name*" when I place in my phone. Such an easy and cheap install to have me this happy.

Last edited:

Any pic of it with the liftgate up? I plan to get the cargo cover later on as well.

Back