What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Started yesterday... Wash + nanoscrub/clay + BF TPnS + BF Paint Seal x2 + Aerospace 303 on exterior trim and tire

Washed exterior with Gunk wash and a plain old sponge yesterday. Lots of bugs on the front, only a couple on the hood from the road trip. No need for a bug deflector. Vacuumed the inside and wiped down the dash etc with a face cloth that was barely wet: the best way to pick up dust and leave no residue.

Last edited:
Ordered from Tascaparts.com, today I received the OEM roof rack crossbars (which will be installed this weekend immediately after I was the CX-5), OEM windshield sunscreen, OEM cupholder ashtray container (to be used as a small trash bin), and a new OEM driver side doorsill trim plate (which I installed immediately to replace the one that came with the vehicle as it had scuffs on it from the porter who put gas in my vehicle before I took delivery of it.

kinda disappointed that UR hasn't expanded their offering for the cx-5. Was really looking for a proper awd rear lower brace (awd can fit 1 of 2 bars across the control arm the other is blocked by diff). Noticed that JBR released that front sway bar they mentioned in may; however it isn't for the 2014 3/ (as stated originally) which means no cx-5 :(. Well there is always the mazda 6 bar or the $$$$ auto exe front sway. At least when I spring for a mirage everything short of a turbo is available

Got the fronts tinted. The shop used Matico 30% film and it's pretty close to the rears.

esa5a3yp.jpg
Curious of the durability of a front tint considering the a/c defogger operation over time.

I haven't done enough to mine yet to make it worthwhile entering (plus I only have one picture and I'm about 6,000 miles from home, so taking more isn't an option). In any event, even my most modified car wasn't enough to win so I won't be trying any more.

Back