What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Forgot to mentioned that I also installed new fog lights last night. I had them for a few months on my previous vehicle before I traded it in for the CX-5. What I installed is a MTEC H11 6000K LED Lighting System. Now my fogs match the Garax D4S 6000K HID bulbs. No more yellowish halogen fog lights. Now it's crisp white LED light!!!

Still waiting for my P13W DRL LED Bulbs to arrive. Once they do, they will installed immediately.

Also, still need to install my VLED Triton LED lighting systems for front and rear turn signals. Need to make time for that. Perhaps this weekend.

Today I received the color matched bumper plugs from BumperPlugs.com. Followed the installation instructions and worked out perfectly. No more ugly drilled holes on my front bumper. Paint color match is perfect!

I also ordered from Japan the following:
1) AutoExe billet oil cap
2) Genuine Mazda Japan chrome surround push start button

Today I received the color matched bumper plugs from BumperPlugs.com. Followed the installation instructions and worked out perfectly. No more ugly drilled holes on my front bumper. Paint color match is perfect!
Wow! I did the same thing using a couple of 20 cent abs plugs from my local hardware store and Mazda touch up paint. Saved myself over $27 and it took me all of 15 minutes!

Wow! I did the same thing using a couple of 20 cent abs plugs from my local hardware store and Mazda touch up paint. Saved myself over $27 and it took me all of 15 minutes!

I used to do that on my previous vehicles. For me, the $27 for a pair is worth the time it takes to find/buy plugs at the hardware and use touch-up paint to make the plugs. The one thing that I really like about the BumperPlugs.com plugs is that they are also clear-coated. The match is perfect and the finish is professional for sure.

From the moment I opened the package, to the time it took to install, it was matter of 2 - 3 minutes, tops.

I also ordered from Japan the following:
1) AutoExe billet oil cap
2) Genuine Mazda Japan chrome surround push start button

Phantomdg, curious what site you ordered the Japan stuff from, particularly the push button start surround.

Thanks!

Had a little time today to install the VLEDs V3 Triton LED system for the rear turn signals. Took 10 minutes. Now I need to make time to install the ones for the front.

I also installed a pair of Sylvania LEDriving DE3175 LED bulbs for the interior map lights. I had them for a year and forgot about them. I found them looking for something else in my garage. They are not very bright but the light is crisp white light (6000K). I will have to find something else that emits more light.

Installed Tissue box straps!

20140727_150044_zps125969db.jpg

20140727_150112_RichtoneHDR_zpsb0e9ad92.jpg

20140727_150154_RichtoneHDR_zpse67ed183.jpg

Here's how:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842145-How-to-Install-Tissue-Box-Straps-in-your-CX5

That's a good idea, and a good write up. But, could you use Velcro on both ends of strap and just connect the two instead of gluing it to the console? Or would that make the straps move to much up and down?

Last edited:
Installed Tissue box straps!

Here's how:
[URL="http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842145-How-to-Install-Tissue-Box-Straps-in-your-CX5"]http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123842145-How-to-Install-Tissue-Box-Straps-in-your-CX5[/URL][/QUOTE]

Hmm. Wonder what that's for. (sadbanana)

That's a good idea, and a good write up. But, could you use Velcro on both ends of strap and just connect the two instead of gluing it to the console? Or would that make the straps move to much up and down?

You could do that too. It would still slide up and down a little, but would be stopped by the tabs.

Hmm. Wonder what that's for. (sadbanana)

LOL. (hump)

One of the last things I'd want is for one of my little cousins to sneeze his brains out and not have any tissues on hand.

I washed my CX-5.

Then I sold it yesterday/Sunday to a close family member. Her Subie Outback with 189K miles is at end of road.

Yes, my CX-5 will be missed even if I wasn't driving it much lately, a very solid vehicle and well-engineered vehicle.

That's why I did not hesitate to sell to family member that needed this kind of vehicle to replace her Subie Outback. She actually uses the SUV/AWD capacity and capability. She also really wanted and appreciated the lux equipment (nav, Bose, bluetooth, power drivers seat, moonroof, leather) and safety features (BSM, backup camera, HID lights, VSC, BA, high seating position) too.

Back