What have you done to your CX-5 today?

switched my wheels front to back (unidirectional). and wire brushed the rust off the studs and stuff.

switched my wheels front to back (unidirectional). and wire brushed the rust off the studs and stuff.

To prevent future rust from returning, use anti-seize paste (sparingly) on the studs, hub face, and center wheel bearing hub. Anti-seize can also be used on all threaded bolts such as sway bar end links to prevent, you guessed it, seizing of the nuts and bolts to allow easy removal and servicing.
anyzu2yq.jpg

Order Drcolor chip had a tiny chip on door sill. Gotta say product works very well virtually undetectable until up close, have the mica red and it matched up very well. Definitely a must have product to take care of minor paint mishaps.

I was considering filling in my motor mount with a urethane or something. Any experience with this like is it even worth the effort? I've seen recommendations of using an epoxy such as JBweld works.

New member here.

Been on the RAV4WORLD.COM forums since 1998. Had a first generation RAV4 (1998 model year) and replaced it with a 2006 RAV4. After serving my family well for nearly 8 years and just over 120,000 miles, it was traded in today.

Bought a 2015 Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Tech Package this evening for $31K plus tax and fees. MSRP was $32,780 and negotiated final price was $780 under Invoice. Cant complain on the price I guess. I willl take delivery of it this Saturday. Its the crystal pearl mica paint with sand leather interior. Besides the Tech Package, it also came with roof rack rails, rear bumper guard, carpet floormats. I also got the dealer to throw in front and rear mudguards, cargo tray and all - weather floormats.

I will buy more OEM accessories tomorrow. Can't wait to take delivery of the CX-5 on Saturday. Let the modding begin!

BTW - Finally back in the Mazda Family. Purchased the following cars new back in the day:

2003 Mazda Protege5, white with black leather interior, manual transmission
2004 Mazda 3 S, titanium gray metallic with black leather interior, HID, Navi, sunroof, spoiler, manual transmission
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6, grand touring, titanium gray metallic, HID, Navi, sunrood, spoiler, manual transmission

Today, I picked up the following OEM accessories and installed them:
● front and rear mudguards
●front mask (this does not fit as perfect as I would like but keep it for a while
●rear cargo tray
●all-weather floor mat
●cargo net

also installed today:
● Sylvania/Osram 194 T10 LED license plate bulbs
● LED backup/reverse bulbs

purchased online and waiting for delivery:
●K&N Drop-in Filter
●DRL P13W LED bulbs

Need to make time in the near future to install:
●VLeds V3 Triton LED sytems (switchbacks parking/turn signals on front, and red turn signals for rear)
●LED interior bulbs
●LED brake bulbs
● my 20 x 9.5 Forgestar Forged Alloy Wheels

Stil need to buy:
●hubcentric rings to install my 20 x 9.5 Forgestar Forged Alloy Wheels
●Michelin 255/45/20 tires, set of 4
●OEM roof rack crossbars

Last edited:
Good luck with the new crystal white pearl CX-5 ! It's the nicest car-colour it's suits the Mazda (but thats personaly....) haha

Forgestar CF5 ?

Verzonden met Iphone 5S

Last edited:
Got the cargo cover installed... $$$ way expensive. It came free on my Sorento :/

Installed the rear bumper guard. That was fun to install at midnight. Got paint all cleaned up, templates taped on!.

Yesterday, I tried to install the paint protection film for the bumper, hood, mirrors and bumper. I say try because the film was about 2" short in width on the hood and there is no way this is going to work.

Yesterday, I tried to install the paint protection film for the bumper, hood, mirrors and bumper. I say try because the film was about 2" short in width on the hood and there is no way this is going to work.

Sorry to hear about that. How did the bumper and mirrors go?

Other than the hood, I tried to install the film on the mirrors. The cut is far from exact so between the mirrors and hood film being way off I rolled up the film and contact Paypal about getting my money back. I didn't even try installing the bumper for fearing I would undergo the same fate. I know I could do a good job on the instalation but the film needs to be perfectly cut.

Received and installed K&N Drop-In Filter today.

Yesterday, ordered hubcentric rings to install my 20 x 9.5 Forgestar Forged Alloy Wheels.

Hows the sound with the k&n filter in it?

I've been running K&N drop-in air filters on all my cars for the last 20+ years. They are designed to help the engine run a bit more efficient by allowing it to breath better, slightly improving MPG. If you want to change the sound, a short-ram air intake will do the trick!

My seat cushion has been unsecured in the front for a while. Went to try to fix it and I can't figure it out. The white tabs appear to go on the bar but if you put one on, the other won't really fit. Passenger seat is not power and has a different underbody. Would anyone care to share a picture of how there is attached so I can use it for reference? Looking for driver Power seat, even better if it's a 2013 model ( in case they changed it).

juo3iGq.jpg

xxGHt1h.jpg

ulxI3Uy.jpg

I've been running K&N drop-in air filters on all my cars for the last 20+ years. They are designed to help the engine run a bit more efficient by allowing it to breath better, slightly improving MPG. If you want to change the sound, a short-ram air intake will do the trick!

SRI will suck up too much hot air from inside the engine bay. I did run a CAI on my Scion tC and switched to a K&N performance filter. Just bought a K&N performance filter for the Honda Fit.

bought a new set off fog lights after I broke one trying to readjust it (water got in the back and caused corrosion still worked though). And bought a new hud; this one wont be left in the texas sun to melt/melt the mat it was on...I had to hot potato it when I was removing it lol.

SRI will suck up too much hot air from inside the engine bay. I did run a CAI on my Scion tC and switched to a K&N performance filter. Just bought a K&N performance filter for the Honda Fit.
Once I'm sorted for school going to ask a local shop about making a CAI. I intend to use the billeted maf block from me cocksprt SRI, along with the aem dryflow/shroud. I could just buy the 3" tubing myself and try something but I don't want ghetto results.

Washed the CX-5 and liberated what must have been thousands of insect corpses from my front end/windshield/rearview mirrors. It was like modern art before the wash. Driving on California's I-5 at night with heavy winds means your car's front end will turn into an insta-graveyard after about a half hour, let alone a 5-hour drive. Reeeaaaalllly considering cutting out some mesh to secure behind the grilles to catch these little guys and prevent them from clogging up the filters.

Back