What have you done to your CX-5 today?

No Negatives so far, its filled the gap I had, my original tune was balls out accel from stand still and for some reason at say 40mph id mash the pedal and wouldn't get the same oomph some times because of some limiters , Sassimac did some work and data logging to find the limiter tables and figured out how to manipulate things so on the new file its balls out accel plus has the same punch feel at higher revs and speed, and the power is there every time compared to my most of the time original tune.

So yes its pretty slick ! well for a diesel SUV its punching well above its weight for sure , couple this great performance with the suspension upgrade and man.. its an frikken awesome sporty package I could never have imagined it would be this good for my daily drive suv diesel .

I normally drive this type of thing below but the CX-5 has replaced that for daily driving ! way cool and economical too, perf isn't too shabby ...
IMG_0575.jpg~original

Last edited:
debadged washed and waxed.

Attachments

• cx debadged.jpg
    cx debadged.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 218
  • cx waxed.jpg
    cx waxed.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 208
Ordered Mazda OEM black slimline license plate frames (000-83-Z11) -- awaiting the plates for my new CX-5.

Drove as grand-motherly as possible on my summer camp / commute this morning to see if I can get better MPG.

- Joe Paul

by the way next gen tuning is doing an ultra racing GB. have your part # and check the link in my sig (contact the GB leader with part#)

I was reading a few threads about issues with the Mazda windshield. I used Safelite to replace my windshield on my last car and I was very disappointed in the quality of workmanship. They screwed up my a wiper and misaleigned a microphone wire in the process. I won't be using them again. I agree with you that OEM is the way to go especially in replacing the windshield.

Just now saw this. If anyone is local to PDX, I used http://www.completeglass.net/ when my windshield cracked this spring. They were able to get OEM glass at a price that my insurance covered it. They came out and installed it. Apparently installation was very good since everything is on working order.

Just now saw this. If anyone is local to PDX, I used http://www.completeglass.net/ when my windshield cracked this spring. They were able to get OEM glass at a price that my insurance covered it. They came out and installed it. Apparently installation was very good since everything is on working order.

Yea after the tech showed me oem vs aftermarket glass, I noticed that the gasket, and clips for the sensors are pre installed. This means that most of my fitment issues (gap in gasket, sensor falling off twice) were a direct result of poor quality of the glass. The name started with a P parksons maybe I forgot.

It's official!

Got my plates! Mounted front and back. Took up the hill for some "sunset" photos (in the fog). I love this car.

DSC_8827.jpg

DSC_8832.jpg

DSC_8844.jpg

New member here.

Been on the RAV4WORLD.COM forums since 1998. Had a first generation RAV4 (1998 model year) and replaced it with a 2006 RAV4. After serving my family well for nearly 8 years and just over 120,000 miles, it was traded in today.

Bought a 2015 Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Tech Package this evening for $31K plus tax and fees. MSRP was $32,780 and negotiated final price was $780 under Invoice. Cant complain on the price I guess. I willl take delivery of it this Saturday. Its the crystal pearl mica paint with sand leather interior. Besides the Tech Package, it also came with roof rack rails, rear bumper guard, carpet floormats. I also got the dealer to throw in front and rear mudguards, cargo tray and all - weather floormats.

I will buy more OEM accessories tomorrow. Can't wait to take delivery of the CX-5 on Saturday. Let the modding begin!

BTW - Finally back in the Mazda Family. Purchased the following cars new back in the day:

2003 Mazda Protege5, white with black leather interior, manual transmission
2004 Mazda 3 S, titanium gray metallic with black leather interior, HID, Navi, sunroof, spoiler, manual transmission
2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6, grand touring, titanium gray metallic, HID, Navi, sunrood, spoiler, manual transmission

New member here.
I will buy more OEM accessories tomorrow. Can't wait to take delivery of the CX-5 on Saturday. Let the modding begin!

Welcome Mate ...
Although my car is "COMPLETELY" stock I do love to see mods etc , This forum only has a handful of active modders and I love to see what they get up to and feed off their experience, draw inspiration and motivation from them.

Again Welcome And Let the Modding Commence!

Back