Page 455 of 461 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 6911

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

  1. #6811
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,311
    Well washed the car and observed some horrendous new paint chipping on my hood.

    I wonder how expensive it would be to just get a new hood and then do what I should have done in the beginning which is to protect it.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 85k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

  2. #6812
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Well washed the car and observed some horrendous new paint chipping on my hood.

    I wonder how expensive it would be to just get a new hood and then do what I should have done in the beginning which is to protect it.
    I've been looking online at used CX-5 parts just to see how deep inventory might be should I need something.

    This site shows an undamaged hood for a 2015 in your area for $325.

    I'm surprised at how many CX-5 parts I find near me. Inventory is way deeper than for my 2005 Canyon/Colorado.

  3. #6813
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I've been looking online at used CX-5 parts just to see how deep inventory might be should I need something.

    This site shows an undamaged hood for a 2015 in your area for $325.

    I'm surprised at how many CX-5 parts I find near me. Inventory is way deeper than for my 2005 Canyon/Colorado.
    Does it say what color? Didn't look like it did.

    Then again, if I really care, I could see how much a quality repaint would cost. (Not talking Maaco crap here).
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  4. #6814
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Does it say what color? Didn't look like it did.

    Then again, if I really care, I could see how much a quality repaint would cost. (Not talking Maaco crap here).
    Some hoods stated a color while others did not. I don't think that one did.

    Maybe I need to go get my hood wrapped before I'm looking for a hood for my car...

  5. #6815
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Does it say what color? Didn't look like it did.

    Then again, if I really care, I could see how much a quality repaint would cost. (Not talking Maaco crap here).
    I took another look.

    The price of $325 seems to be a reference cost for an undamaged hood. If I read the codes properly, this one may have some hail damage.

    You'll [obviously] want to read the description carefully.

  6. #6816
    Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Denver, Colo-fornia
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Avoidin Deer View Post
    I took another look.

    The price of $325 seems to be a reference cost for an undamaged hood. If I read the codes properly, this one may have some hail damage.

    You'll [obviously] want to read the description carefully.
    Yep.

    Yeah after 6 1/2 years, my hood is in bad shape when it comes to paint chips. I do wish I got it protected (wrapped or whatever).
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

  7. #6817
    Registered Member

    2019 Mazda CX 5 GT Turbo

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    25

    Lower Front Grill

    Added red vinyl to lower front grill.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #6818
    Registered Member PatrickGSR94's Avatar

    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Memphis TN area
    Posts
    515
    Well it wasn't today, but a few weeks ago we just added a new Mazda garage companion for the wife's CX-5!

    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 370K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 96K miles, the family hauler
    2000 Mazda Miata LS - 155K miles, the corner carving machine!

  9. #6819
    Registered Member CX-5um's Avatar

    13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    3,282
    Wife's CX-5 got rear-ended the other day while at a compete stop. Other driver was on the phone talking. Anyways were going to get the rear bumper fixed. The exhaust is misaligned and sounds like an aftermarket one lol. That said, I wonder if the repair shop could replace the old stock one with an aftermarket one.......thoughts?

  10. #6820
    Work in Progress sm1ke's Avatar
    Donated: $25

    2018 Mazda CX-9 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    MB, Canada
    Posts
    1,878
    Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    Wife's CX-5 got rear-ended the other day while at a compete stop. Other driver was on the phone talking. Anyways were going to get the rear bumper fixed. The exhaust is misaligned and sounds like an aftermarket one lol. That said, I wonder if the repair shop could replace the old stock one with an aftermarket one.......thoughts?
    I'm sure they could. Aftermarket mufflers are sometimes cheaper than OEM or OEM-style replacements, but it varies a lot with quality (may be louder than the OEM muffler, will likely rust through quicker, etc.). Keep in mind that usually an exhaust shop will have to weld hangers onto an aftermarket muffler in order to secure and align it properly, so that may be an extra charge.

    Depending on the extent of the damage, they may also be able to just cut out any bent pieces and weld in new sections. I had a shop do this when the same thing happened to a 1991 Accord I had. Replaced the scrapped OEM muffler for an RSX Type-S OEM muffler. My wife's 2006 Civic has also had the muffler replaced twice now (she cheaped out on the second muffler and it rusted through after 2 or 3 years).

  11. #6821
    Registered Member CX-5um's Avatar

    13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    3,282
    Yeah the piping and/or muffler seems messed up. Also broke our oem rear bumper chrome guard thingy. If the Racing Beat is cheaper than OEM...hey just sayin'!!!

  12. #6822
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Signature

    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    454
    I changed the oil and filter for the first time, as we finally hit the 5k mile mark. It was easier than I thought it would be, once I found the right hatch to open underneath. I didn't even have to raise it up, which is a huge plus!

  13. #6823
    Registered Member CX-5um's Avatar

    13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    3,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    I changed the oil and filter for the first time, as we finally hit the 5k mile mark. It was easier than I thought it would be, once I found the right hatch to open underneath. I didn't even have to raise it up, which is a huge plus!
    I may have to purchase this

  14. #6824
    Registered Member

    2019 CX-5 Reserve Eternal Blue

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA...the winding rural part
    Posts
    1,300
    Quote Originally Posted by CX-5um View Post
    I may have to purchase this
    That's pretty cool!!!

    I change my oil on a gravel driveway, and always have divots on my back after doing so. Could also use it for dragging the belly mower under my tractor the start of each season.

    Available at Walmart and https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Creeper...ag=d_2b_a_d-20 for about $75.

    So is that a Monarch butterfly or a Swallowtail?

  15. #6825
    Registered Member Conrad 16.5's Avatar

    2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD titanium/black

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    972
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig cx-5 View Post
    I changed the oil and filter for the first time, as we finally hit the 5k mile mark. It was easier than I thought it would be, once I found the right hatch to open underneath. I didn't even have to raise it up, which is a huge plus!
    It's very easy with the CX, even without raising the front end. Driving up on a couple of pieces of scrap 2"x8" makes it even easier. It only raises the front by 1.5" but just that lil bit of extra room helps a lot.
    "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Page 455 of 461 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What have you done to your P5 today?
    By Tégé5 in forum Protege5
    Replies: 56644
    Last Post: Yesterday, 03:07 PM
  2. Anyone today?
    By Joost27 in forum Miata General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 10:29 PM
  3. I'm in USA Today...today!
    By whitemp5seattle in forum Lounge
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-28-2007, 01:16 PM
  4. Got my MSP today!!
    By jersey_emt in forum Mazdaspeed Protege
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 12:57 AM
  5. Got hit today :-((((
    By alexlitov in forum Protege5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 02:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •