What have you done to your CX-5 today?

New to Mazda but, I recently gave my girl new tires and really nice new wipers. My next thing is I want to get new headlights as the ones on her are getting foggy.
We're in luck!

New battery install last night. Old battery started corroding at the terminals, so needed to clean those up too. It was reaching 6 years old and was not holding a charge anymore much past a day or two leading to very slow cranking or not enough power to start the car, so was time to change.

Got it at Costco as it was $120. Sucks because this 6 year old battery was also from Costco and was $75 when I bought it in 2018.

New battery install last night. Old battery started corroding at the terminals, so needed to clean those up too. It was reaching 6 years old and was not holding a charge anymore much past a day or two leading to very slow cranking or not enough power to start the car, so was time to change.

Got it at Costco as it was $120. Sucks because this 6 year old battery was also from Costco and was $75 when I bought it in 2018.
Inflation is always fun...

Though I'm tempted to replace mine with an X2 AGM. Though it's still too new for me to do that.

My Cx-5 got a full body PPF to protect paint a little bit :) (Including piano black elements inside the cabin and matt foil on the infotainment screen).
mazdacx5-18.jpg

mazdacx5-10.jpg

mazdacx5-2.jpg
mazdacx5-9.jpg

mazdacx5-8.jpg

And do you mind sharing what that cost?
Sure, full body PPF + piano Black inside + hydrophobic coating on all windows was around 4300 USD acording to current conversion.
This weekend I've done about 400km traveling in rain and bad weather and can say it was worth it :)
But this is my subjective opinion. I like to have a car that should last a long time :)

I finally had the first oil change done...at the dealer. When I went to pay, the service advisor only gave me the invoice. Upon reading it, I found out I had two free oil changes, which the salesman never disclosed. The only fly in the ointment was the oil filter they used. Assuming what Google says is correct, part number PE01-14-302B-MV, is a Mazda Value part. It's not the end of the world. I'm used to a six-month/5000-mile oil change interval, whichever comes first. Though if I'm paying, should I specify? Or should I go somewhere else after the second oil change?

And I find it a bit weird that they used Valvoline SynPower instead of Mazda Moly.

They won't use Mazda Moly (unless you ask specifically for it). I was surprised when my dealer didn't up-charge me for the better oil. As for the oil filter, it's an approved Mazda part. Don't sweat the small stuff.

They won't use Mazda Moly (unless you ask specifically for it). I was surprised when my dealer didn't up-charge me for the better oil. As for the oil filter, it's an approved Mazda part. Don't sweat the small stuff.
I'm fine with it. Especially since I prefer six-month intervals. I know people have preferences. It was a miracle that the service department was open on Saturday.

I wouldn't sweat it. There's no evidence that the high-moly Mazda OEM oil is superior to other oils. Yes moly is a good friction modifier, but there are other ways to achieve the same thing. It seems sort of an old-fashioned oil formulation. Most newer formulas don't use high amounts of moly, or use more advanced formulations that give 2-3x the effectiveness, so they use 2-3x less of this special molybdenum in the oil. But unless you knew that, you may misjudge the oil test results.

Also, the Mazda oil was formulated using older specifications. If you want the best/current spec, use API SP oil.

https://www.api.org/products-and-se...d-classifications/oil-categories#tab-gasoline

API said:
Introduced in May 2020, designed to provide protection against low-speed pre-ignition (LSPI), timing chain wear protection, improved high temperature deposit protection for pistons and turbochargers, and more stringent sludge and varnish control.

Only time will tell. And if all else fails, the covers are not that expensive. Here's the part numbers.

Left: TN39-67-Z32A
Right: TN39-67-Z31
I learned today that generally speaking, it's not legal to affix cameras (or any non-transparent object) to windshields. So I guess affixing it to the plastic housing is a legal workaround. I haven't decided yet. Inching my way closer to getting this done.

In the meantime I added some privacy shades from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

I learned today that generally speaking, it's not legal to affix cameras (or any non-transparent object) to windshields. So I guess affixing it to the plastic housing is a legal workaround. I haven't decided yet. Inching my way closer to getting this done.

In the meantime I added some privacy shades from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
There's always the dotted area next to the ADAS cover. That was my original plan, but the Homelink adapter I bought was too short.

2019 Cx5 2.5T Premium

Sprint Booster installed, highly recommend. Very noticeably quicker off the line! I’m comfortable around 5-6 green/sport mode. I’m not even sure I want to install the JB4 at this point lol

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 46
2019 Cx5 2.5T Premium

Sprint Booster installed, highly recommend. Very noticeably quicker off the line! I’m comfortable around 5-6 green/sport mode. I’m not even sure I want to install the JB4 at this point lol

I have both the Sprint Booster and the JB4. The Sprint Booster really makes the car feel more responsive off the line as a result of the "compressed" throttle input. It makes the car feel like it has more power, but it doesn't. The JB4 actually improves HP and TQ, and is most noticeable in the 3k+ RPM range. Personally I run both. I keep the SB off in the winter, and set to Sport-7 in the summer.

Back