What have you done to your CX-5 today?

A full restoration kit is more than just polish. They contain various grades of abrasive (sand-)paper and some contain a disc attachment tool for a drill.

Being anal, I know, but...
Nah, you’re on the right path. They’ll usually include a UV sealant to keep it from yellowing after the polishing process.

New All Terrain Tires - Falken Wild Peak. Surprisingly smoother than the OEM Toyo tires (only lasted 25,000 miles).
IMG_9196.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9198.jpg
    IMG_9198.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9197.jpg
    IMG_9197.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 35
PS: Also I realized that my dashcam hardwire adapter (that connects to the fuse box) shuts itself every time I use MyMazda to remote start the car. The only way to get it working again is to disconnect both fuses and reconnect them. Has anyone experienced this?
Did you ever solve this? Getting started on my A229 install.

Has anyone installed their dash cam directly to the plastic housing on the windshield rather than the glass? I'm considering it.

Has anyone installed their dash cam directly to the plastic housing on the windshield rather than the glass? I'm considering it.
I documented my install using the plastic cover.

It is not straight. As seen on some sample videos in the thread, the video is slanted. Though it may be different, depending on the surface area of the dashcam mount.

There is a replacement plastic cover that has an integrated dashcam cam. But I was a leary on how well it handles extreme temperatures.

Fitcamx 4K Dash Cam Suitable for Mazda CX-5 2017-2024 Sport Grand Touring Carbon 2.5S (No Sunroof, Connect OBD), OEM Look, 2160P UHD Video, Built-in WiFi & APP, Loop Recording, Parking Mode, 64GB Card https://a.co/d/f7b5giz

Last edited:
I documented my install using the plastic cover.

It is not straight. As seen on some sample videos in the thread, the video is slanted. Though it may be different, depending on the surface area of the dashcam mount.

There is a replacement plastic cover that has an integrated dashcam cam. But I was a leary on how well it handles extreme temperatures.

Thanks.

My reasons for considering that location are 1) it's central 2) it doesn't interfere with my HeatShield and 3) it stays out of the sun.

I think with enough fiddling I can get it to be level.

One concern I have is whether it would sit too low compared to other locations. So one could situate it higher on the passenger side, but give up centering.

My only other concern would be removing the adhesive in a few years. We can be rough on glass, but we can't use steel wool or harsh chemicals on plastic. Will that be an issue? I'm not sure.

Thanks.

My reasons for considering that location are 1) it's central 2) it doesn't interfere with my HeatShield and 3) it stays out of the sun.

I think with enough fiddling I can get it to be level.

One concern I have is whether it would sit too low compared to other locations. So one could situate it higher on the passenger side, but give up centering.

My only other concern would be removing the adhesive in a few years. We can be rough on glass, but we can't use steel wool or harsh chemicals on plastic. Will that be an issue? I'm not sure.
Only time will tell. And if all else fails, the covers are not that expensive. Here's the part numbers.

Left: TN39-67-Z32A
Right: TN39-67-Z31

Oil+filter change and tire rotation, the other day.
Cabin air filter, today, along with an interior cleaning of all surfaces.
Tonight, fiddling with the headlight aiming a bit.

The car continues to run "like a top."

Did you ever solve this? Getting started on my A229 install.
No, I had the same issue yesterday when I remote-started the car. It might have to do with the HK3 adapter that I am using, hopefully you won't have the same issue.

Also got an oil change earlier this week. Synthetic oil + new oil filter, came to $96 Canadian plus tax. I was gonna get the tires rotated as well, but apparently my tires are worn evenly (10/32" all around) so they didn't do it (and didn't charge me for it of course)
They could have rotated the tires anyway and charged me for it, or they could have skipped the rotation and charged me anyway, so I appreciated the honesty.

Also earlier this week, I had the TPMS light on. Turns out the rear right tire was at 25psi while the rest was at 35 -- I inflated it to 35psi, and asked the dealer to check if the tire is leaking air. Turns out it's not (or at least they didn't see anything) -- but I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Last edited:
I took ours to the dealer for the first oil change today. It appears they did a good job, I cannot find any issues. I requested an "OEM" filter, not a Value Line filter and their response was "we don't use value line filters and we only use Mazda oil". They charge a little more but have a free oil change after the 4th change. I will probably do the next one myself. They charge a little more than I like for the service but they did give me a loaner car to run errands and they were done quicker than I expected.

I did this to my '22 CX-5 Turbo (white) today.
Amazon has it for $13 usd. I got mine while traveling out side USA. It was about $4 if I recall. Easy installation in a couple minutes. Battery (2032) can be easily replaced. A magnet triggers shutoff when the door is closed. The battery should last a few years. Two blinking modes.
1707419041068.png

Installed a Fortin evo one with the maz3 t-harness and RFk442 extended remotes. Still some work to figure out why the horn does not sound when the alarm is tripped….maybe self install was not the way. Or if fortin was the way
Need to carry oem and rfk442 remotes, as there is no hidden key.
The rfk442 will not open the trunk.
The 3 pressing of the lock on the OEM and the horn going off will probably be a nuisance every morning.
May reprogram to lock unlock lock next week

Installed a Fortin evo one with the maz3 t-harness and RFk442 extended remotes. Still some work to figure out why the horn does not sound when the alarm is tripped….maybe self install was not the way. Or if fortin was the way
Not sure of your car's MY, but if it's the same as my 2019, you need to connect the horn wire from the Fortin to your horn wire. See the last 2 pics at Just Installed Fortin Remote Start on my new 2016 Mazda CX-5 DIY

Need to carry oem and rfk442 remotes, as there is no hidden key.
You could always hide your physical key somewhere on the car, then just take the Fortin remotes with you.

Back