What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I finally found a suitable bumper protector from Weathertech. Decided against PPF since I don't know what I'm doing. Took me forever to get this centered.

20231005_181946.jpg

I finally found a suitable bumper protector from Weathertech. Decided against PPF since I don't know what I'm doing. Took me forever to get this centered.

View attachment 322907
Very nice. I didn't know that was available from W/T. My wife's SR CX-5 came with the oe bumper cover, which offers minimal protection. She opted for the W/T cargo tray with accessory roll-out bumper drape/cover. I put the PPF on the bumper of my 3. It's really not difficult if you follow the directions and take your time.

View attachment 322907
ugh, that's exactly what I want for our 2014 but literally NO ONE makes that type for the 1st gens. Hangs over the edge of the bumper, but does not extend up the sides. I have one now that extends up the sides and the curvature just will not conform to the bumper curvature. The adhesive tape always lets loose after awhile, even with proper cleaning and preparation. I wish someone had one like this one available.

I'm excited to share that I have finally washed my car after weeks of procrastination. It feels so satisfying to see it gleaming under the sunlight, free from any dirt or grime! :cool:(y)

Finally moved to Toronto which meant installing a front plate... and I did. Also broke my left side mirror when backing out of a tight parking spot which will be fixed next week.

Attachments

• IMG_2034.png
    IMG_2034.png
    724.3 KB · Views: 53
ugh, that's exactly what I want for our 2014 but literally NO ONE makes that type for the 1st gens. Hangs over the edge of the bumper, but does not extend up the sides. I have one now that extends up the sides and the curvature just will not conform to the bumper curvature. The adhesive tape always lets loose after awhile, even with proper cleaning and preparation. I wish someone had one like this one available.
You know, 3M d/s tape comes in more than one strength. You might investigate trying a version with maximum bonding strength.

Installed a dashcam (AZDome M300S) that we bought during prime day. Nothing great but something good to have.

Attachments

• 20231015_155330.jpg
    20231015_155330.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20231015_155412.jpg
    20231015_155412.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42
Installed a dashcam (AZDome M300S) that we bought during prime day. Nothing great but something good to have.
Doesn’t matter how much you spend, just about any dashcam wont be able to catch the characters on a license plate. If you’re hoping to establish the facts of an accident to prove who was at fault, that’s going to do just fine!

Doesn’t matter how much you spend, just about any dashcam wont be able to catch the characters on a license plate. If you’re hoping to establish the facts of an accident to prove who was at fault, that’s going to do just fine!
I disagree, I have a u1000 on my truck and I can read the license plate no problem.

I disagree, I have a u1000 on my truck and I can read the license plate no problem.
That’s good to know! Were you able to buy it for less than ~$300? This is one of the better videos I’ve seen for dashcam recommendations (post 7), and I was surprised the higher end models still couldn’t do that.

I’d like to install one but I really don’t care to spend more than $100. Just want to record what happened if I got in another accident. I’m also bummed that I cant find adapters to get power from the rear view mirror. I can run a tap but the Dongar adapter is a nice solution.

Fues taps or adapter? The one thing I wish I can improve on my setup is the mounting location.
Right now neither. I'm waiting on the hardwire kit to come in and I will use fuse taps. I already identified the location that I will use.

That’s good to know! Were you able to buy it for less than ~$300? This is one of the better videos I’ve seen for dashcam recommendations (post 7), and I was surprised the higher end models still couldn’t do that.

I’d like to install one but I really don’t care to spend more than $100. Just want to record what happened if I got in another accident. I’m also bummed that I cant find adapters to get power from the rear view mirror. I can run a tap but the Dongar adapter is a nice solution.
I had a great deal with the Thinkware U1000 a couple years ago. It's definitely a great dashcam. I was planning on getting a Blackvue but someone decided to get this one, AZDome, for $65 during primeday. Can't beat that. Only time will tell how good this one will do.

Ok all done.... got the hardwire kit and finalized the install of the dashcam.

This is the battery saver. I kept it out and accessible so I can adjust the voltage if needed.

20231016_191517.jpg

Here's the fuse box. I used #5 for the constant+ and #11 for the accessory+ (which was an empty slot).

20231016_202255.jpg

Here's a couple of sample (sped up) videos for the AZDome M300S. I need to get a filter to reduce the glare. I wonder if the filter for the U1000 work for this one.

Last edited:
U1000 - Amazon has it for $379 down from $499 - front and rear --32GB - any other feedback on it - Im going to pull the trigger as its a free for all of uninsured- looped drivers these daze -- whats the longest it will record? - -- this is pretty hefty $$ but thats a deductable ---so wth --many thnx

... whats the longest it will record?

... it's 20 seconds which is enough. It will show you footage 10 seconds prior to the event.

Only thing I dont like about thinkware is the app and the setup process. But, after having azdome for a week or so, I can't complain.

I have several videos posted @youtube.

Last edited:
... it's 20 seconds which is enough. It will show you footage 10 seconds prior to the event.

Only thing I dont like about thinkware is the app and the setup process. But, after having azdome for a week or so, I can't complain.

I have several videos posted @youtube.
Out of curiosity, when you close your doors, does the dashcam think it's an impact? I have that quirk on my X1000 and U3000.

U1000 - Amazon has it for $379 down from $499 - front and rear --32GB - any other feedback on it - Im going to pull the trigger as its a free for all of uninsured- looped drivers these daze -- whats the longest it will record? - -- this is pretty hefty $$ but thats a deductable ---so wth --many thnx
I would recommend having the highest capacity, high endurance memory card. 4K footage takes up quite a bit of memory.

Out of curiosity, when you close your doors, does the dashcam think it's an impact? I have that quirk on my X1000 and U3000.

I would recommend having the highest capacity, high endurance memory card. 4K footage takes up quite a bit of memory.

Yes on the doors, sometimes. All depends how strong I slam the door I guess. 😉

100% agree with the card. Have you tried going to a 256 or 512? I hear there's a way to do it.

Back