Page 444 of 453 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446 ... LastLast
Results 6,646 to 6,660 of 6782

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Dang my wife's car needs brakes BAD! We just got back from a week-long vacation, nearly 1,500 miles of driving, and every time I applied the brakes on the highway the steering wheel shaking was absolutely awful. We've had the car from 52K now up to 94K miles, and I've never done brakes on it yet.
    1994 Acura Integra GSR - 368K miles, a few mods
    2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring - 88K miles, the family hauler!

Donated: $5

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94 View Post
    We've had the car from 52K now up to 94K miles, and I've never done brakes on it yet.
    you've never even inspected the brake pads?

Gen-1 Kodo Design 👌 ColoradoDriver's Avatar

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

I think yours is the only CX5 I've heard of that has needed bottom end bearings replaced. Any idea what caused it? Do you just beat on it that hard?
    He beats the shit out of his CX-5.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 84k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Dang my wife's car needs brakes BAD! We just got back from a week-long vacation, nearly 1,500 miles of driving, and every time I applied the brakes on the highway the steering wheel shaking was absolutely awful. We've had the car from 52K now up to 94K miles, and I've never done brakes on it yet.
    Oil starved during a sharp turn, likely had leaked some oil enough to blank the pickup.
    You can get 4 wheels rotor/pads from brake labs (Ebay store) for just over $100 (OEM style/spec) or drilled and slotted for around $180. I went to the d/s because every OEM or OEM style brake disc I've had on my cx5 ended up warped. And the fade sucks. Doesn't work with my driving style.

Registered Member

CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    Doesn't work with my driving style.
    Thought about pilot license? [emoji3]

CX Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by yugrus View Post
    Thought about pilot license? [emoji3]
    I hold a commercial pilot certificate, single engine land with instrument rating
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I hold a commercial pilot certificate, single engine land with instrument rating
    Oh. That's why your CX-5 has one engine only... I was always curious...
    [emoji482]

CX Moderator

Flying with a friend for currency..his place is on the runway lol

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

I'm turning very hard myself, but my engine is fine. It's kind of hard to believe, that from a hard turn the engine can get that bad. Maybe if you drive in a death cage ball.
    https://thafcc.wordpress.com/2015/06...nores-gravity/

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Surprised you have not even looked at the brakes yet if you have 94k miles. Of course they are acting like that.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Why does everyone think I haven't inspected the brakes? Of course I've looked at them, several times since getting the car, and the pads appear to have life left in them. It's just been this past stint of road trip highway driving where they really started to vibrate pretty bad on the brake pedal. It's had a faint vibration for awhile and I just haven't gotten around to doing the work.

Also it doesn't really vibrate at normal speeds around town. It's when braking from 70+ MPH that it vibrates pretty bad. And my wife pretty much never drives the car on the highway, like, ever.

Registered Member

2018, Mazda, CX-5, Snowflake Pearl, Grand Touring

Southern Arizona (40 Miles south of Tucson)
    [QUOTE=tibimakai;6651603]I'm turning very hard myself, but my engine is fine. It's kind of hard to believe, that from a hard turn the engine can get that bad.

Or, perhaps his crankcase was very low on oil.
    2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Snowflake White Pearl----2016 MX-5 GT Soft Top Ceramic White Metallic.

CX Moderator

[QUOTE=David Paul;6651651]
    Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    I'm turning very hard myself, but my engine is fine. It's kind of hard to believe, that from a hard turn the engine can get that bad.

Or, perhaps his crankcase was very low on oil.
    That's what I was saying. Although it's not unheard of for a sharp turn (usually prolonged) to blank an oil pickup, likely the oil leak helped it happen during the sharp turn. Also the rpms were low (thus oil pressure/pump flow) when it happened

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Why does everyone think I haven't inspected the brakes? Of course I've looked at them, several times since getting the car, and the pads appear to have life left in them. It's just been this past stint of road trip highway driving where they really started to vibrate pretty bad on the brake pedal. It's had a faint vibration for awhile and I just haven't gotten around to doing the work.

Also it doesn't really vibrate at normal speeds around town. It's when braking from 70+ MPH that it vibrates pretty bad. And my wife pretty much never drives the car on the highway, like, ever.
    Probably the rotors need turning vs. the pads not having any life in them.

13' CX-5 and 16' Mazda6 both Touring w/Tech/Bose

Brake deposits. Perhaps related to engine braking where pads aren't really biting into rotors but rather leave some glazing behind. Turning rotors or just buying new ones would do the trick.

Page 444 of 453 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446 ... LastLast