What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Took it in today at a body shop for some minor body work to get rid of 2 dents and respray front and rear bumper.
Oh also touch up minor stone chips.

I did a through wash yesterday and she's beautiful again. With a fresh coat of wax from the last time the beaded up water comes off so easily when using a electric leaf blower to dry the car. (y)

The only problem? The freakin no-see-ems! They're crazy around here right now!

Changed both air filters, engine and cabin. Last time I changed the cabin filter was 5 years ago when we first got the car. This is my first vehicle with a cabin air filter, and I just forgot about it. So I changed it yesterday after ~60K miles. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I've seen horror pics of cabin filters with huge clumps of hair/fur and other junk. Really mine was just dirty with a few bits of leaves and a couple bugs lol.

Swapped out all rear bulbs for LED. I had already previously changed the license plate lights and turn signals. Now I did all the brake, tail and reverse lights. Now all 3 of our cars are fully LED except for the head and fog lights.

photo shows the old bulbs on the left side, new ones on the right.

CF5957D4-D785-4229-9F00-CD795E34E410.jpeg

Swapped out all rear bulbs for LED. I had already previously changed the license plate lights and turn signals. Now I did all the brake, tail and reverse lights. Now all 3 of our cars are fully LED except for the head and fog lights.

photo shows the old bulbs on the left side, new ones on the right.

View attachment 304074
did you use a kit? do you mind sharing? thanks

Was still having some brake pulsing so figured those sliding pin bushings were too swelled. Asked the dealer if the rear caliper sliding pins were available but you can only get them with the brackets. Looked on Rock Auto and found you can get a brake rubber kit with those pieces and the sliding pin boots in it. I bought this one:

IMG_20211023_161602455.jpg

Pulled the rear pins out and replaced the bushings. They were very tight to remove so I am fairly confident that was the issue. We'll see if that corrects the pulsing once and for all, if not then I'll also replace the fronts (those seemed to move more freely).

did you use a kit? do you mind sharing? thanks
No kit, I just went to superbrightleds.com and ordered the bulbs that fit the car.

2x (red) 7440/7443 CK LED Bulb - Dual Function 27 SMD Tower - Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs

2x (white) 921 LED Landscape Light Bulb w/ Focusing Lens - 10 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - 350 Lumens | Super Bright LEDs

4x (red) 194 CAN Bus LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs

I already previously did the turn signals, which are LASFIT 1157 front and 7440 rear amber LED bulbs with integrated resistors.

It's been super dry, stayed hot through the beginning of September, but still been 60's, 70's here in October.

Still went ahead and scheduled for my winter tire change next Saturday. Would rather have them on before than after they are needed. But on another note, super concerned we haven't had a snow yet.

Saturday I did a two'fer, oil change and tire rotation. Getting this car up on 4 jack stands is quite difficult, maybe because of the car's size and height compared to my other cars. I tried using my Flyin Miata slotted jack pad to lift the side of the car from the center of the side pinch weld, similar to how I lift my Miata up on each side. Seemed to work okay, but I had to extend the jack stands up pretty far to get all 4 tires off the ground. I think I need larger stands.

And actually the rear left corner never even touched the stand during the whole job, for some weird reason. I had them all at the same height and everything.

Saturday I did a two'fer, oil change and tire rotation. Getting this car up on 4 jack stands is quite difficult, maybe because of the car's size and height compared to my other cars. I tried using my Flyin Miata slotted jack pad to lift the side of the car from the center of the side pinch weld, similar to how I lift my Miata up on each side. Seemed to work okay, but I had to extend the jack stands up pretty far to get all 4 tires off the ground. I think I need larger stands.

And actually the rear left corner never even touched the stand during the whole job, for some weird reason. I had them all at the same height and everything.
Yeah, I lift one corner at a time to rotate tires with a spare. Now I have installed new set of tires, I’ll have Discount Tire Store to rotate them for me, save me some work.

Have you checked the rear anti-sway bar links?

Yeah, I lift one corner at a time to rotate tires with a spare. Now I have installed new set of tires, I’ll have Discount Tire Store to rotate them for me, save me some work.

Discount Tire will rotate your OEM tires for free. There was no need to wait to buy from them.

Discount Tire will rotate your OEM tires for free. There was no need to wait to buy from them.
Really? I know they’ve fixed the flat on my OE tires for free several times. I had them marked the valve stem position to the tire so that the balancing wasn’t needed. I’ve to wait for my next new car purchase to find out if they’d rotate my OE tires for free. But a friend of mine he paid $21 per tire for all tire services provided by the DT for new OE tires on his 2017 Lexus RX back then.

Really? I know they’ve fixed the flat on my OE tires for free several times. I had them marked the valve stem position to the tire so that the balancing wasn’t needed. I’ve to wait for my next new car purchase to find out if they’d rotate my OE tires for free. But a friend of mine he paid $21 per tire for all tire services provided by the DT for new OE tires on his 2017 Lexus RX back then.
Yes, been going there for years. It's really a good business decision, as I always buy replacements from them.

My GT-R got a synthetic oil change using my supplied 1WPY-14-302 filter, a tire rotation and all of the required 2 yr/30,000 mile warranty checks for $69 at a really good local shop. My car just broke 10,000 miles on our drive home from Zion last week.

Installed new winter tires and RIMs. Downsized the tires from 19" to 17" for winter.

Michelin X-Ice Snow 225/65/R17
DAI OEM 17" gloss black

Last edited:

Have you checked the rear anti-sway bar links?
so that requires a total of 5 "lifts" with wheel remove/replace, plus getting the spare tire out and putting it back away again. I guess it's not terrible, but I was changing the oil at the same time which is why I went ahead and just put it on 4 jack stands.

Recently replaced stock exhaust with a "Racing Beat Power Pulse" axel back exhaust.
Really like it. Nice sporting tone, no obnoxious, buzzing, droning noise.
4" Tips fill out bumper cut outs nicelyView attachment 304361View attachment 304359View attachment 304363View attachment 304362View attachment 304363View attachment 304359View attachment 304361View attachment 304362View attachment 304363
Looks good, can you post a sound clip so we can hear what it sounds like?

Update - Never mind, found a clip on their web site, sounds nice. Have to go listen to my stock one.

Last edited:
Back