What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Everybody knows we have these pathetic little lights that's supposed to light up the hatch, but even with an LED bulb, does basically nothing.

Well, I fixed that today! I can now see stuff at night!
Pathetic.
1621362834220.png

Now that's better!
1621362879624.png

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). I don't know the guy, I swear that I make no money off of this, I'm just one happy customer.

Had forgotten to post the pic. Anyway, plan is to fully clean, dust, detail the inside sometime this week. It needs it.

Also about due for an oil change and need to get my snow tires taken off (my general rule is after Mother's Day here).

20210506_141230.jpg

Last edited:
Might be over the top…but I too fastened my dead pedal to the 3D mat with screws and 2X tape…like the Dude says, “It really completes the room”!
I also have the same pedal covers but without the Mazdaspeed logo. I have the Canadian OEM floor liners which are also made by 3D & had thought about doing the same thing with the dead pedal that you did. Not over the top at all.

Hadn't been driving the car as much so i was putting off some maintenance. Changed Engine. transfer and rear diff oils, rotated tires. Also discovered a ripped boot which is the source of some vibration. I thought it was from a plug I had installed in a tire.
before I read the whole sentence, I thought you were saying that you changed the engine! :ROFLMAO:

Everybody knows we have these pathetic little lights that's supposed to light up the hatch, but even with an LED bulb, does basically nothing.

Well, I fixed that today! I can now see stuff at night!
Pathetic.
View attachment 298663

Now that's better!
View attachment 298664

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned). I don't know the guy, I swear that I make no money off of this, I'm just one happy customer.
oh wow I need those! I assume those just replace the original black plastic insert panels in the hatch trim?

To add to my previous list, scheduled for tire changeover on Saturday. Also going to need to look at replacing my rotors now as I am starting to get some shimmy/vibration when braking. Last time I had the rotors resurfaced they said that was probably the last time they could do that. Pads should still be good at this point, but is it generally a good idea to replace them as well when replacing rotors?

To add to my previous list, scheduled for tire changeover on Saturday. Also going to need to look at replacing my rotors now as I am starting to get some shimmy/vibration when braking. Last time I had the rotors resurfaced they said that was probably the last time they could do that. Pads should still be good at this point, but is it generally a good idea to replace them as well when replacing rotors?
I personally always use new pads with resurfaced rotors or new rotors if the thickness of rotors have been beyond the specified limit. If you consider new rotors, might as well get new pads as they’re not that expensive. If I were you, I’d ignore little shimmy right now until it’s getting worse, and replace both rotors and pads with more miles used.

Finally installed Daytime Running Lights. As long as I had the bumper off, added DIY grill to protect FMIC.

Attachments

• F1397EF0-FE05-42A4-9705-540E527D76DF.jpeg
    F1397EF0-FE05-42A4-9705-540E527D76DF.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 183
  • 62444BBA-A4FD-4F30-8F33-6AB2D2ABDA66.jpeg
    62444BBA-A4FD-4F30-8F33-6AB2D2ABDA66.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 184
  • 4A6D92C9-905E-43A9-AA98-A8411059A750.jpeg
    4A6D92C9-905E-43A9-AA98-A8411059A750.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 190
…Also going to need to look at replacing my rotors now as I am starting to get some shimmy/vibration when braking. Last time I had the rotors resurfaced they said that was probably the last time they could do that. Pads should still be good at this point, but is it generally a good idea to replace them as well when replacing rotors?
If you do the brakes yourself you can replace the pads later. But if you pay someone to do the work I’d suggest having the pads replaced with the rotors. The labor is a major portion of the job cost and the calipers need to be removed for either job.

Are you certain that the rotors are actually warped? Often minor vibration while braking is caused by uneven deposits of pad material. Bedding your brakes might solve the “shimmy” at no cost. Or the rotors may be warped, but it only takes a few minutes of your time to find out.

Back