What have you done to your CX-5 today?

from the knowledge sharing document here are the part numbers and a few resources for the OEM rubber cargo liners:

0000-8D-R01GEN1
0000-8B-R23GEN2
Always appreciate your references to the doc but this time it's not relevant. That source is sold out.

Edit: Found it at BAM Wholesale Parts for $75 shipped. If you're thinking of getting the AliBaba / eBay cargo liners for $30-40, don't waste your time. I had one delivered and it's made of a plastic, not rubber as you'd expect. Easily deformed, didn't fit right, so I didn't want to mess around with it and just sent it back. Original Mazda seemed like the best deal to me.

Last edited:
Always appreciate your references to the doc but this time it's not relevant. That source is sold out.

Edit: Found it at BAM Wholesale Parts for $75 shipped. If you're thinking of getting the AliBaba / eBay cargo liners for $30-40, don't waste your time. I had one delivered and it's made of a plastic, not rubber as you'd expect. Easily deformed, didn't fit right, so I didn't want to mess around with it and just sent it back. Original Mazda seemed like the best deal to me.
For $75 on genuine Mazda cargo mat, it has to be for gen-1 CX-5. This Mazda dealer in Canada usually has better price on Mazda genuine accessories.

885646EE-F2DD-4EC0-B325-9659B3BE0546.jpeg

CA1746DF-2B9F-4709-BBD0-775F493357BB.jpeg

7324AD99-6D6F-4FD7-802F-01BF1F6B300A.jpeg

3B43EAC8-C14E-4A4C-BB2A-F9B035D2836F.jpeg

11174B1A-0877-48CE-9D4E-DA4C4FAE78D4.jpeg

Im not in Canada.

0000-8B-R23​
2017-2021 Mazda CX-5 Cargo Liner All Weather Rubber OEM 0000-8B-R23​
$63.73​
Scarborough Mazda in Canada will sell and ship Mazda parts and accessories to US customers. Here’s Mazda genuine "Premium floor liners" available only in Canada and we can get them at Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

Yeah, it's Scarborough Mazda in Canada https://mazdashop.ca/collections/20...loor-liners-1st-row-mazda-cx-5-2017-2018-2019 . You can get them on Amazon and ebay as well, but they are actually a little cheaper ordering direct from the Scarborough dealership, right now $141 for front and $99 for rear vs $150 and $110 on Amazon/Ebay. All 3 have free shipping.

Scarborough Mazda in Canada will sell and ship Mazda parts and accessories to US customers. Here’s Mazda genuine "Premium floor liners" available only in Canada and we can get them at Scarborough Mazda in Canada.

I really don't understand your post? You're telling me I should buy from that place? Their price for the rubber trunk mat is significantly higher :

Cargo Tray | Mazda CX-5 (2017-2021)​

$117.83 USD

I really don't understand your post? You're telling me I should buy from that place? Their price for the rubber trunk mat is significantly higher :

Cargo Tray | Mazda CX-5 (2017-2021)​

$117.83 USD
Of course not. You should buy your stuff from a reputable online place wherever the price is lower. My post was to tell you that you can get Mazda stuff from this Canadian Mazda dealer if their price is lower. You post sounded like since you’re not in Canada, you can’t get Mazda accessories from them.

Been having a shuddering under braking as before. Did some research and found the caliper sliding pins are installed differently between the fronts and rears. I always put stuff back in the same location I remove them from, but decided to be thorough and check. Sure enough I switched the pins on the rear calipers so corrected that and lubed all of the pins while I was at it. Next drive will tell if I fixed it or if there is something else going on.

Also found out I wasn't imagining it leaning more during cornering, the driver's rear sway bar end link was missing its nut (and the passenger side nut was loose). I double-nutted both.

Well, washing/waxing my CX-5 the other day, noticed a small dent in the hood. So took it to dent works, the tech there looked at it and said it'll cost $80 to fix. I said when can you do it? He said right now, took him 10 minutes!

I can't see where the dent was, so I'm happy...Don't know how I got the dent, glad it was easily fixed.

Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
I'm saying good by guys/girls.
In the next few days, I'm getting a 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Base w/wireless charger. Nothing fancy.
Red exterior w/black interior for $33k +TTL.

Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
In the next few days, I'm getting a 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Base w/wireless charger. Nothing fancy.
Congrats. It's a nice looking car and you'll have 100 more hp which should be cool. How many miles?

Spent a couple hours detailing in & out. Tried 303 Graphene on all painted surfaces, after clay barring just my hood. Didn't need the nitrile gloves I used. Application is a piece of cake, and you can easily see where you put it. Removal takes the same effort, I'd say, as a gel wax. You still have to buff, and it's a mild workout. But nothing like shining off some carnauba that was left too long to dry...

Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
Sorry to see you go, and good luck to your new Alfa Romeo Stelvio!

Sold my CX5 to Carvana.
Good luck with your Stelvio. What did Carvana pay? Was the process easy?

Good luck with your Stelvio. What did Carvana pay? Was the process easy?

I can tell you my experience with Carvana. They offered me $6k more for my 2013 Lexus than I could have received as a trade-in. I drove to their facility, about 10 miles away and dropped it off. They direct deposited the money to my bank account within 24 hours. You can opt for them to come pick it up and also have the option for them to just hand you a check. Very painless and professional.

Last edited:
I can tell you my experience with Carvana. They offered me $6k more for my 2013 Lexus than I could have received as a trade-in. I drove to their facility, about 10 miles away and dropped it off. They direct deposited the money to my bank account within 24 hours. You can opt for them to come pick it up and also have the option for them to just hand you a check. Very painless and professional.
Nice!

They have gave me $12550 with 74600 miles. Touring FWD, with no package.
A few days earlier without signing in, they offered me $13056, next day has dropped to $12770 and then I have opened an account to keep that offer.
Next day I made the mistake to check the value again, then the previous 12770 has dropped to 12550.
I guess, it is not a goo idea to check the value, when you are signed in.
The process is super easy.
You answer a few questions about the car and they offer you a price.
If you accept it, you can setup an appointment, when they would pick up the car.
A girl showed up in a Ford Fusion. She handed me the check, I have signed a few documents and I was done. She verified the odometer, parked the car on the street, also installed a key box on the window.
An hour later, a tow truck showed up, and took my SUV.
My rear tires needed replaced also. Front lower control arm ball joints and both tie rod end rubber boots were all open(cracked all around. I would suggest that, you guys should check those out on your SUVs. Rear(middle) motor mount was worn out as well, I have replaced it a few months ago.
Pull the ebrake and push the gas pedal a bit. Look at the engine, how much it moves. Mine moved a lot. I'm in LA, so maybe the hot weather affected the rubber bushings/boots much more, than in other parts of the country.
I don't the the Alfa yet, need to wait for the check to clear. But we have agreed on the price already. Hopefully will go smoothly. If it won't, then I may go with the Carbon edition Turbo AWD.
I'm sorry to leave this forum, since I have been here for 6 1/2 years. This forum is a nice place, with friendly people ready to help.
The Alfa forum is very slow, not to many participants, not to many mods are done n these cars. Some things like paddle shifters are very expensive(~$600), needs a programmer/software/different adapters, wheels are hard to buy nice once, since the bolt pattern is a weird one, 5x110.
But it's quite a fast vehicle, 5.5 sec to 60. Handles very well, probably the best handling SUV.

Back