What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yup I had two rental Nissans wth cvts... sucks so bad. In addition they were wrong wheel drive. To think this I the same company that gave us GTRs, s13-15s, z cars etc.. cvt is horrible (except in Mitsubishi mirage).

I was just going to put up with it, but after yesterday, I can't. I called the rental car shop this morning for a switch out. This Altima is like 13 inches longer than the CX-5 and as a result does not fit in my garage without the back end hanging out, thus can't close the garage door. Considering hail storms we've hand other risks that come with street parking on a fairly busy street, I requested either a shorter sedan or crossover. They said they are out of cars, but will call me later today if they get something. Crossing my fingers.

Ok, they called me and switched me out to a Kia Forte.

It's a Kia sure, but it fits my garage and it isn't a CVT. I'll take it. Heard back from body shop and currently should get my car back on 7/1.

Just got my new set of Michelin LTX and applied a fresh coat of Blackfire BlackIce Hybrid Sealant. It looks as good as the day I bought it and drives better now that the Toyo tires are finally gone. I'm ready to head to Colorado on Friday for 2 weeks in the mountains.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-0445.JPG
    IMG-0445.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 465
Last edited:
It looks black or grey in those pics, but it's blue. It seems to change with the light and almost looks blue/purple in some situations. The paint really looks wet in person.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG-0447.JPG
    IMG-0447.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 456
Just got my new set of Michelin LTX and applied a fresh coat of Blackfire BlackIce Hybrid Sealant. It looks as good as the day I bought it and drives better now that the Toyo tires are finally gone. I'm ready to head to Colorado on Friday for 2 weeks in the mountains.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Since I no longer have a place to go up to in the mountains, you won't hear any grief from me about you tourists clogging up HWY 285. ;)

Seriously though, hope you enjoy it up here!

Since I no longer have a place to go up to in the mountains, you won't hear any grief from me about you tourists clogging up HWY 285. ;)

Seriously though, hope you enjoy it up here!

Haha, I shouldn't be on 285. We love Colorado and go every summer. Going to be starting in Denver, then Frisco and Breckenridge, then Ouray and Telluride. I just hope to avoid any small boulders like the one that fell on HWY 145 near Telluride. Gonna drink a lot of Odell.

rock3.jpg

Haha, I shouldn't be on 285. We love Colorado and go every summer. Going to be starting in Denver, then Frisco and Breckenridge, then Ouray and Telluride. I just hope to avoid any small boulders like the one that fell on HWY 145 near Telluride. Gonna drink a lot of Odell.

rock3.jpg
Very nice itinerary! Hope you have a blast!

Purchased new cleaning tool for car/home. My 10-year old Canister vac kicked the dust...get it?

Anyways I wanted to buy a new one to vacuum the car with. Spent 2 weeks researching and shopping around. Came to conclusion I wanted something that cleaned floors, carpet, stairs, and my car. Long story short I bought a "certified" Refurbished Shark NV800 from the 'Bay. Got it last night. Damn I say!!! This thing is light weight but is a beast. Cleans floors, vacuums carpets, and goes into canister mode with a powered brush head. Got it for $140 ish if I recall plus $13ish for 3-year square trade warranty. Its my new toy.

Purchased new cleaning tool for car/home. My 10-year old Canister vac kicked the dust...get it?

Anyways I wanted to buy a new one to vacuum the car with. Spent 2 weeks researching and shopping around. Came to conclusion I wanted something that cleaned floors, carpet, stairs, and my car. Long story short I bought a "certified" Refurbished Shark NV800 from the 'Bay. Got it last night. Damn I say!!! This thing is light weight but is a beast. Cleans floors, vacuums carpets, and goes into canister mode with a powered brush head. Got it for $140 ish if I recall plus $13ish for 3-year square trade warranty. Its my new toy.

The one thing that counters the downsides of adult responsibilities is the ability to gift ourselves adult toys. That's how I ended up with a CX-5 in my driveway!

Shark makes nice stuff. And that's a good price. I have one of their steamers & love it. I've even used it for steaming wood to bend it.

I ended up with a spare 5 gallon shop vac along the way, so when I got my CX-5 I went on EBay and purchased a set of attachments solely for use in it. They are smaller than standard household size to fit into all those tight places...I had to buy a reducing adapter.

I guess that shows my priorities...I'll use something to clean my car and not think twice about using it in my home, but I'll be darned if anything that's touches my dirty floors is gonna come anywhere near my CX-5!!!

The one thing that counters the downsides of adult responsibilities is the ability to gift ourselves adult toys. That's how I ended up with a CX-5 in my driveway!

Shark makes nice stuff. And that's a good price. I have one of their steamers & love it. I've even used it for steaming wood to bend it.

I ended up with a spare 5 gallon shop vac along the way, so when I got my CX-5 I went on EBay and purchased a set of attachments solely for use in it. They are smaller than standard household size to fit into all those tight places...I had to buy a reducing adapter.

I guess that shows my priorities...I'll use something to clean my car and not think twice about using it in my home, but I'll be darned if anything that's touches my dirty floors is gonna come anywhere near my CX-5!!!

Cool idea. I may do something similar. They sell individual attachments online for your token shop vac and my Shark. I may end up purchasing the under appliance wand for the house and an electronics adapter kit for the cars, laptops, and electronics.

For shop vacs, could it be used to both blow AND vacuum leaves in driveway/garage/yard?

Cool idea. I may do something similar. They sell individual attachments online for your token shop vac and my Shark. I may end up purchasing the under appliance wand for the house and an electronics adapter kit for the cars, laptops, and electronics.

For shop vacs, could it be used to both blow AND vacuum leaves in driveway/garage/yard?

This is the set I got for $13, but this seller doesn't list them anymore:
p.jpg
I keep them in one of those cloth tool bags you can buy for $5.

I just looked online at Lowes, and they have a mini-attachment set for $15.
026282801890.jpg
My Lowe's didn't have this when I was looking. Individual attachments were $8 and up, which is what pushed me to EBay.

I hadn't thought of using the Shop Vac for the industrial side of things, but it might be handy for cleaning the engine compartment or getting the crud from inside the wheels, the wheel wells and the grill. Heck, I could put soap on the wheels and use the shop vac to scrub and vacuum off the dirt all at the same time. Maybe I need to get second set of attachments...

I'm pretty OCD with my keyboards and car interior. I like the new car feel when getting inside. It maximizes money spent on the vehicle/device...and it gives me 5 virtual horsepower (butt-dyno approved) when washed and vacuumed inside.

I'm pretty OCD with my keyboards and car interior. I like the new car feel when getting inside. It maximizes money spent on the vehicle/device...and it gives me 5 virtual horsepower (butt-dyno approved) when washed and vacuumed inside.

Haha, at least 5hp!! The first time I take her for a spin after she's fully cleaned, you'd think it had 20!

Yeah we recently upgraded our house vac from an old POS hand-me-down Oreck to a Shark, and it's awesome! So nice having on-board tools again! I'd love to find a smaller, longer hose for my big Shop-Vac in the garage, though. That 2.5" hose mine came with is a bit unwieldy.

Back