What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Traded it in.
Following a lengthy delay, my Signature finally arrived around lunchtime and I took delivery early this evening.

Congrats!

Ours is now 3 days old. I think I've mastered most of the features already. It should be a breeze for someone coming from another Mazda.

Everyone has theirs before me! So unfair!!!

I should have had it 16 days earlier.
The ship carrying the vehicle was delayed offshore for several days beyond the scheduled docking date and then it sat another 9 days in San Diego prior to boarding a train for Houston.
It then sat several more days in Houston prior to getting on a truck to my dealership.
The original arrival date of "before December 15th" was pushed back to "December 18th" with final arrival on New Year's Eve.

Congrats!
Ours is now 3 days old. I think I've mastered most of the features already. It should be a breeze for someone coming from another Mazda.

Some of the features that were included with my '17 GT Premium operate a bit differently, but experimentation and the manual helped me select the desired settings.
Trials and the manual guided me to preferred settings for the instrument display (with the additional information and new configurations REALLY appreciated) along with settings for the 360-degree camera and other equipment.

After a couple of brief drives yesterday; I'm enjoying the additional convenience and safety features and especially enjoying the improved acceleration from a stop and when passing.

Traded it in.

Following a lengthy delay, my Signature finally arrived around lunchtime and I took delivery early this evening.

Now it's time for me to look through the owner's manual and learn how to operate the new and revised features.

Happy New Year to me! (dance)

CONGRATS! What color? You're going to love it. We have had our Signature since the end of Nov and no regrets.

I should have had it 16 days earlier.
The ship carrying the vehicle was delayed offshore for several days beyond the scheduled docking date and then it sat another 9 days in San Diego prior to boarding a train for Houston.
It then sat several more days in Houston prior to getting on a truck to my dealership.
The original arrival date of "before December 15th" was pushed back to "December 18th" with final arrival on New Year's Eve.

Some of the features that were included with my '17 GT Premium operate a bit differently, but experimentation and the manual helped me select the desired settings.
Trials and the manual guided me to preferred settings for the instrument display (with the additional information and new configurations REALLY appreciated) along with settings for the 360-degree camera and other equipment.

After a couple of brief drives yesterday; I'm enjoying the additional convenience and safety features and especially enjoying the improved acceleration from a stop and when passing.

Now I see why I am still waiting for the '19 CX-5 Signature in Machine Gray Metallic to come in. The dealership kept pushing back the date when it will come in and they last told me it will be January 5th.

I stopped by the dealership last Sunday and they had 3 '19 CX-5 Signatures on the lot, but in red, white, and light blue. *Sigh*

CONGRATS! What color? You're going to love it. We have had our Signature since the end of Nov and no regrets.
As stated in my singature line ... Soul Red Crystal Metallic.
That replaced my SRC '17 GT ...

Having windows tinted with a ceramic product as I write.
Also having the IR film applied to the windshield.
Will pick up the factory splash guards on the way home.

Had a CEL after the window tint ... apparently something to do with car being "on" but not running for nearly 2 hours.
Had it cleared by the dealership when I stopped to pick up the splash guards ... hasn't returned.
Installed the factory splash guards myself.

Many if us read on Mobil using Tapa talk.... We don't see sigs.
Yep, only thing I do not like about Tapatalk.

Just replaced my battery a couple hours ago. Costco Interstate battery with tax for a total of $84 and some change. Car cranking over much, much better now. I'll call 6 years a pretty good life span for the factory battery.

Edit: On another note, absolutely sold on snow tires now. I was driving home from up in the mountains Monday when we were getting a lot of snow and ice and this CX-5 was an absolute tank. Completely confident on the road while many cars around me were spinning out going down hwy 285.

Last edited:
I don't use tapatalk or mobile version. I switch to desktop mode. Too many missing basic features.

Just replaced my battery a couple hours ago. Costco Interstate battery with tax for a total of $84 and some change. Car cranking over much, much better now. I'll call 6 years a pretty good life span for the factory battery.
You did get a Group 35 battery, not Group 34 like the other guy did, right?

Costco Interstate Group 35 battery definitely is the best buy on battery replacement for CX-5 owners.

Now you need to buy your father some beer this weekend for playoff games ⋯ :)

You did get a Group 35 battery, not Group 34 like the other guy did, right?

Costco Interstate Group 35 battery definitely is the best buy on battery replacement for CX-5 owners.

Now you need to buy your father some beer this weekend for playoff games ⋯ :)
Correct, and no, my dad is 8 years sober in a couple weeks. I bought him some chocolates and other deserts. :)

6 years is not just pretty good its great
Yes, indeed!

The longest life on OEM battery Ive ever heard is from a 2003 Lexus LX 470 owned by a close friend of mine in Connecticut. He sold his LX in 2016 with 100,000 miles and original battery. The factory battery lasted 13 years and may be still counting!

Added some struts to my hood today. 10 minute install and not having that prop rod in the center of the engine bay makes a huge difference with getting under.
08df1487347c0e60d1279d07d4fe8ae2.jpg
c28611c2b89b2a85dfd8527d428b6fab.jpg

Put on a Beautost chrome hood trim piece on my 2019 Cx-5 Signature. Well worth the $95.00. I can't believe the factory left this off the design.

Attachments

• 20190104_143249_resized (Medium).jpg
    20190104_143249_resized (Medium).jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 251
  • 20190104_143250_resized (Medium).jpg
    20190104_143250_resized (Medium).jpg
    300 KB · Views: 259
Back