What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Do you have windscreen replacement on your insurance policy (uhm)

I do so all is good. I left the house and it was still a chip from what I could see. During the 30-40 minute drive it cracked about 4 inches right in front of the camera.

I also stopped by the dealer and picked up the touch up paint. Ill do that after the new windshield is in.

I do so all is good. I left the house and it was still a chip from what I could see. During the 30-40 minute drive it cracked about 4 inches right in front of the camera.

Good to hear and ouch!

I also stopped by the dealer and picked up the touch up paint. I*ll do that after the new windshield is in.

Lucky you.

Mazda Australia stopped supplying touch up paint about 10 years ago.

The original filter is white, all the dark stuff is really dirt.
Did they switch? Because the cabin filters came as the charcoal filters from the factory. Many said they looked dirty when it was actually just the charcoal.

I don't know what they had maybe earlier. I just built in a original wich was white. This I do now every half year and this is what I recommend!!
That's it.

Cheers 101

Got my tensioner replaced and they replaced the belt while they were at it. Yay no more squealing when I have the A/C on and am applying some throttle, boo on cost, but I did not feel comfortable doing it myself.

"Flexi-hood" repair

Over the weekend (while the web site was "broken") I performed the MY2013-14 hood skin repair per the Mazda TSB. With the required 200ml 3M NVH adhesive, there's plenty of opportunity to do a more thorough job than the factory did. I re-adhered every portion of the skin to the frame I could get to, with emphasis on the trailing edge which is where most of the broken adhesive points were. Neatness (fortunately) doesn't count here as everything gets covered by the noise insulation panel when done.

In addition, I took the front rotors to a tire/brake shop and had them turned. At 45k miles I have been noticing steering wheel shimmy when the front brakes get loaded up going down a long grade on when they get good and warm on a long freeway drive. Kept the original pads as they were only worn about 50%. Brakes now feel great again.(2thumbs)

Attachments

• Hood.JPG
    Hood.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 144
Breakables were rolling off my front seat while I was backing out of a weird parking spot, so I naturally tried to catch them; and I unnaturally bumped a parked Mustang. (dunno) (spin) :(

SG8XcEW.jpg

h2J6HEv.jpg

Estimated damage to the stang is only $846 CAD (new paint on the bumper basically and a bit of body filler for any scratches)
Haven't bothered to get mine estimated, probably just leave it since it is only on the plastic and I really don't feel like going through insurance for an $850 repair to the other guy's car.

paris, there is enough material left on the disk, after they have turned it?
That would be great news. I could turn it myself, when the time comes.

paris, there is enough material left on the disk, after they have turned it?
That would be great news. I could turn it myself, when the time comes.

Yes. When I bought them in they guy said it would probably take only one cut as there was no scarring on the rotors at all. They just needed truing. In my experience, you can generally turn rotors 2-3 times (assuming there is no major damage) and still be within spec. I assume they checked the final result to be sure and I had no reason to question them about it as it was such a minor issue to begin with. In 50+ years of doing my own brake work, I've never replaced a rotor unless it had gone metal-to-metal. I've always had them turned and never had any issues.

Sorry to hear that. Don*t those little bumps just piss you off the most?!

First time ever having a reversing/parking lot accident in my 10 years of driving tbh. It definitely did piss me off. Hahaha.
The worst was looking in the camera after catching the seat straggler and seeing a stang about "impact imminent" away from my car and not being able to stop in time, hahaha. Hadn't actually hit it yet when I saw it in the camera. :/

First time ever having a reversing/parking lot accident in my 10 years of driving tbh. It definitely did piss me off. Hahaha.
The worst was looking in the camera after catching the seat straggler and seeing a stang about "impact imminent" away from my car and not being able to stop in time, hahaha. Hadn't actually hit it yet when I saw it in the camera. :/

That's the worst feeling when driving. Been there, done that my friend.

So I went to the airport the other day which was when I aired up my tires a bit more. I finished airing them up and then sit in my car looking at Google maps to see best route home to avoid traffic. Gigantic white SUV pulls up in parking spot next to me (passenger side). Kid gets out of the back and swings the door wide open and slams it into mine. The kid freezes, the dad driving freezes and is just staring at me. I'm staring back. I start getting out of the car so I can look at the damage and talk to him and immediately the dad yells at the kid to get back in the car and then he drives off.

Pissed me off for sure. Luckily I think I can get it out with some rubbing compound or scratch remover stuff. No dents and didn't appear to be all that deep. Still noticeable though. More pissed though that the kid probably just learned hey it's ok to damage other people's stuff and get away with it. There's one thing that's wrong with society.

Yes. When I bought them in they guy said it would probably take only one cut as there was no scarring on the rotors at all. They just needed truing. In my experience, you can generally turn rotors 2-3 times (assuming there is no major damage) and still be within spec. I assume they checked the final result to be sure and I had no reason to question them about it as it was such a minor issue to begin with. In 50+ years of doing my own brake work, I've never replaced a rotor unless it had gone metal-to-metal. I've always had them turned and never had any issues.

Yep.

I had issues with disc turning, from some shops.
After that, I started turning my own discs on the lathe, with a dial indicator.
But it's been a while, since I did that. I thought, that lately everybody just replaces the disc with pad together. I assumed that the discs these days, are thinner and they are not machinable, like in the past.
That is good news. Thanks

Now I don't feel quite as bad about backing into my friend's car in the Volvo with the rear sensor.
Beep beep beepbeep beepbbbbbeeeeeeeeeecrunch
..... s***

Back