What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I plan to. Went out and bought a depth gauge today and confirmed the 8.5/32 depth. Set up a excel spreadsheet and plan to track changes in depth over time. As far as the tires themselves Im very happy with them so far
Thanks for spending time of doing it! I used to get Michelin tires most of time. But one set on my 2001.5 VW Passat started to develop dry rot on the sidewall in 4 years which disappointed me. The price is also getting higher and higher, such as Michelin Premier LTX 225/55R19 99V costs almost $50, or 30% more each than most other good quality tires! The most expensive tire should be expected having the best quality and performance. But I don't feel spending that much more to have some tire with several deficiencies. To me, a little less tread depth at 8.5/32" with 60,000-mile warranty on Premier LTX is fine, but low 44 psi maximum inflation pressure and heavier 27.34 lbs. weight are the deal breaker. Interestingly methil in a tire thread discussion eventually selected Yokohama YK740 GTX over Michelin Premier LTX after he spent much of his time at Costco feeling the Premier LTX and watching the tire installed. And these 2 tires were his final choices he needed to decide.

⋯ As for the Michelin Premier. Well i did "played" with it in store. Sidewall are kinda soft ( i know once inflated it will get harder). I was able to easily bend the sidewall with 2 fingers and the thread blocks wont stay quiet on the long run. after a full year i'm expecting theses to be really noisy. That expanding center grooves technology and the additional grooves on the side wall that will appear as the tires wear down will raise the noise (additional zones of compression/decompression). Also ask the tech if he had one mounted on wheel and he had a set about to get installed so we went into the garage area and "played" with it again. Sidewall are not that hard, also another tech on site told me they are like all Michelin tires, balloon effect, meaning softer overall. That the only thing i can point a finger at for Michelin. Squishy balloon tires. Everything else is fine/great.
I do prefer hard tires in summer. It mean harsher ride but that the price to pay to get a little more cornering support and less rollover.
Also rubber thread was really soft, usually really soft rubber either wear fast or get very hard after a few year and tire noise get very loud.

No rain so got the first coat of Collinite wax on.

BDC4_A1_BC-_F786-49_A9-86_C0-17_DD51_FFD053.jpg

2_B8536_A7-_DC01-44_B5-914_A-191_BDC484753.jpg
Flash Silver? For some reason I thought you still have Soul Red Crystal like your previous CX-5 ⋯ :)

It was Felicity’s first birthday so she got a bath, nice and clean inside and out (2thumbs) Gonna order a few presents this week.

10qvtj7.jpg

Changed the oil, and both air filters.
Looked around at the bottom, for any leaks, but everything is bone dry.

Ordered a 2 pack aquapel Glass treatment for 9 bucks (its really cheap when ordered from China - but I wanted faster shipping + seems like this stuff is toxic as hell). I wonder if i can do the rear hatch glass as well with 1 and use 2nd one for my wife. Ordered Ultimate Fast Finish from Meguiars.

Ordered a 2 pack aquapel Glass treatment for 9 bucks (its really cheap when ordered from China - but I wanted faster shipping + seems like this stuff is toxic as hell). I wonder if i can do the rear hatch glass as well with 1 and use 2nd one for my wife. Ordered Ultimate Fast Finish from Meguiars.

That Fast Finish looks interesting. I may try that as my garage is so small, it truly is a pain in the ass to wax out of direct sunlight. Usually some part of my car has to hang out of the garage and sit in the sun while I am waxing the front or back of it.

I still need to try the aquapel treatment. Not been too happy with my RainX lately.

Got the Mazda Cargo Cover for my Birthday. $160 from MedCenter Mazda. Officially have every accessory I wanted now. Although what's this all About? It doesn't like heat? Like when am I not going to use it?
2110ddc16f00b829f820506cbde2f3e1.jpg

Hmm weird.

If I had to guess, I'd say you'll be fine. Nobody I know who has a cargo cover ever takes it out of their car.

There was another paper just like it in the box. Apparently it's something they want to be sure you know.

I'm guessing so it is not just laying loose in the car, in case of an accident, the less projectiles, the better!

I'm guessing so it is not just laying loose in the car, in case of an accident, the less projectiles, the better!

Sounds like the most reasonable explanation to me.

Mine has never come out my CX-5.

Not done technically today but this past weekend, finally got a pic of it today. Got the windshield visor area tinted, finally no more light piercing through the top corners. Had it done a couple of times and each came out curved due to the windshield, finally had a place made it straight for me.

41161584644_055fc51c35_b.jpg

Makes the windshield feel a bit smaller and overall feels more cozy driving for some reason lol

I like driving, with both visors down. On the passenger side, I extend the slider visor, toward the mirror as well.

Back