What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Well, yea, stuck. Not frozen. So when scraping u generally just scrape that direction to free them.
Yea, some people in my parking lot do the raised wiper thing. I don't why, I find that annoying. LOL Suppose they could get damaged if it's (reallyreallyreally) windy?
Yea...that's my story. Sticking to it.

Looks stupid, but it does work! Lol :D

I mean sure I've had to scrape my windshield, but I guess I've never had my wipers actually freeze to it. They more just get stuck if the windshield is covered in thick ice and snow, so stuck in the sense they can't move, not being actually stuck. Once that's cleared, they are fine.

the rubber gets stuck here all the time. snow --> rain --> freezing temps overnight. solid 1/2" of ice coating the vehicle. i ripped the rubber right off a wiper one time trying to lift it off.

now i always lift my wipers... and i could care less if it looks stupid. i mean... who cares?? seriously? if i was worried my vehicle looked stupid with the wipers lifted i'd blow my brains out and rid the world of my pathetic-ness.

(cheers)

BAD idea, you really should pick up a can of this:

eccbd446-9f6a-463a-8d52-9f49b80e15b2_1.f9582e6cb3756613a3a26652bb1fe078.jpeg

I have this in my car and I live in Texas :)

the rubber gets stuck here all the time. snow --> rain --> freezing temps overnight. solid 1/2" of ice coating the vehicle. i ripped the rubber right off a wiper one time trying to lift it off.

now i always lift my wipers... and i could care less if it looks stupid. i mean... who cares?? seriously? if i was worried my vehicle looked stupid with the wipers lifted i'd blow my brains out and rid the world of my pathetic-ness.

(cheers)

Agreed. If it was a problem here, I'd be raising mine too.

I installed LED lights for the dome lights. They were $22 CAD for four at Pacific Mall - a local mall that serves the Asian community and which is a great place for auto accessories such as LED lights. They work very well and are much nicer than the stock incandescent ones. I can attest just how ugly yellow the stock lights are.

The lightbulb in the cargo is frustratingly evil to get out and I could not get a LED light in there for love nor money. If anyone had any tips they would be welcome.

I also discovered I had set the child locks on my rear doors and had to climb out in stocking feet through the front doors onto the cold, wet, dirty garage floor to get the back doors open again after closing myself in. I think that's a mistake I should choose not to do again.

In any case, I am very happy with this modification.

IskiE

My advice is to unplug the battery or fuse when messing with the lights inside, especially the rear module. They have been known to short circuit and blow the fuse, and possibly the control module. It's happened to me and a few others.

My advice is to unplug the battery or fuse when messing with the lights inside, especially the rear module. They have been known to short circuit and blow the fuse, and possibly the control module. It's happened to me and a few others.

I didn't have any issues apart from how evil the cargo lightbulb is to extract and put in again. I'm debating just leaving it stock.

You can cause a short circuit while pushing a bulb into the flimsy dome light assembly if it touches the roof!

I’m the worlds worst for doing it but I suppose we should always advocate on this forum that owners turn everything off or remove the fuse or disconnect the battery IF they are competent to do jobs on their own and seek professional assistance if they are not.

Sad day yesterday, leaving a basketball game and someone rear ended me :"( hopefully going to be an easy fix. BLS isn't working but at least the tail light is and the hatch still opens.
Sorry for the rotated pictures, not sure why it did that when I uploaded

28vdqpl.jpg

r0o9av.jpg

10n6wlh.jpg

r1j41c.jpg

Last edited:
This is the warning........
Thanks for the confirmation of this issue with an official Mazda document burning the expensive Rear Body Control Module (RBCM) out if the rear cargo light socket gets shorted! But thiss not applicable to 2016 and newer CX-5 where Mazda has moved the cargo light to the liftgate and modified the wiring design to protect RBCM better by an fuse. Of course for safety reason the fuse for rear cargo light should get removed before bulb replacement if youre not sure about it.

Does your armrest squeak when your arm is resting on it... mine did. Put some sticky felt pad (for bottom of furniture) on the underside of the armrest edge; problem solved.

Well, I finished replacing the interior lights with LED modules. I had to explain to the person in the store that it was the vanity lights I wanted not more of the dome lights. As I did the replacement, at one point I had the old and the new vanity light installed and it was really clear how yellow and dingy the incandescent are.

The secret with the rear cargo door hatch (2018 here) is to insert the module with the thin edge pointing up. When it connects and lights up, rotate it so that the module points down. Trying to insert with the thick edge with the LED module pointing down does not leave enough room for your fingers to get in. It also helps to click one side in then swing the other side up and in.

You can turn off the switch for the cargo light so as to cut the current to the circuit. It's tricky not to accidently flick it when inserting the module tho. It's a 12V low amperage circuit - not a lot of risk of electrocution - but to be sure, yes, you can pop the fuse from the circuit box. Definitely when dealing with household current always remove the fuse or throw the circuit breaker.

IskiE

Sad day yesterday, leaving a basketball game and someone rear ended me :"( hopefully going to be an easy fix. BLS isn't working but at least the tail light is and the hatch still opens.
Sorry for the rotated pictures, not sure why it did that when I uploaded

Yikes!!! That looks like it's the plastic panels that can be removed / replaced. Since you're in the US, you have the sensors in them which will make it a bit more work. I'm hoping that you won't have problems with the claim.

IskiE

Does your armrest squeak when your arm is resting on it... mine did. Put some sticky felt pad (for bottom of furniture) on the underside of the armrest edge; problem solved.

This has been bothering so much right now. It get's worse during the winter with the cold. I was thinking of doing something similar to what you posted, I will try the sticky felt pad. Question though, usually those sticky felt pad come in most round version, will two small ones at the front be sufficient?

The only ones I found, at drug store, were like 1 inch circles and kind of thick... I just used a scissors to cut one into pieces I needed. I only used 3 pieces actually.

Hid's in the headlights and fog lights. Drilled out the deflector in the fog lights.

Added lower back support in the seats. Which fixed the lack of lumbar in the lower back section

Tightened down the hatch spoiler which was rattling.

Hid's in the headlights and fog lights. Drilled out the deflector in the fog lights.

Added lower back support in the seats. Which fixed the lack of lumbar in the lower back section

Tightened down the hatch spoiler which was rattling.
It would help if you added some vehicle details to your profile or signature.

Back