What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Regulator or a bad relay. Hopefully they can track it down rather than throw parts at it.
The voltage reg is built into the amp. *edit the starter fuse is also the amp fuse, and the car starts just fine (of course it became crappier as battery discharged)... realized something was odd when I didn't see an alternator fuse, so I checked the service manual and its under "STARTER".l it's pretty much an alternator issue or harness issue.. but seeing as it started as intermittent battery light and some 13+ voltage to no chargojg voltagr at all, I'm leaning towards alternator. Couldn't fond any obvious bad wiring or grounds either.

Last edited:
Is there any indicator on the cx-5 that shows an under-charge condition? Or is the symptom just a dead battery?

Only a generic chsrging system (battery) light which could mean under or over charge. But you can read volts directly from the ecu and i monitored it goes from 13.2 volts to only 12 to and slightly less even at high rpm.

Today's addition- an ODB2 / bluetooth device. I am going to play with Torque Pro to see what data I can get. I saw that on another manufacturer's vehicle, the actual tire pressure information was supposed to be available.

This also shows what a mess the Toronto use of road crap makes. Madge isn't even 2 weeks old and looks terrible already. I'll trim the excess on the blue ties later.

attachment.php

IskiE

Attachments

• odb.jpg
    odb.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 691
Today's addition- an ODB2 / bluetooth device. I am going to play with Torque Pro to see what data I can get. I saw that on another manufacturer's vehicle, the actual tire pressure information was supposed to be available.

This also shows what a mess the Toronto use of road crap makes. Madge isn't even 2 weeks old and looks terrible already. I'll trim the excess on the blue ties later.

attachment.php

IskiE

That mat (puke)

IskiE

TPMS data is supposed to be passed to the car computer where it determines if a tire is low - so it should have individual tire pressures on the data bus. I can't figure out why Mazda didn't provide that to us - maybe they didn't want to register tire location, so decided that including 4 pressures without wheel location was not worth it. Would be nice to have in future update though.

TPMS data is supposed to be passed to the car computer where it determines if a tire is low - so it should have individual tire pressures on the data bus. I can't figure out why Mazda didn't provide that to us - maybe they didn't want to register tire location, so decided that including 4 pressures without wheel location was not worth it. Would be nice to have in future update though.

I found someone had posted the PID information for the older TPMS system. I am hoping that the Mazda developers are true to form and simply reused the existing code with the new sensors.

IskiE

Uh, wow. Drivers side wiper. I used my snow brush, as I have 1,000 times before, to knock the wiper loose from the windshield, and:
(Funny part is it still worked good)
Defect? Or do I need to be more careful?
What say you peanut gallery?
c89a0f03c9a9eb8e0f56ef996398b0ff.jpg

Uh, wow. Drivers side wiper. I used my snow brush, as I have 1,000 times before, to knock the wiper loose from the windshield, and:
What say you peanut gallery?
c89a0f03c9a9eb8e0f56ef996398b0ff.jpg

Can't say I've ever done that. What do you mean "knock it loose from windshield". I'm picturing you hitting the wipers with your snow brush LOL!

Not uncommon to smack the wiper to free it from a frozen windshield. It could have been worse - I have a coworker who was trying to do the same thing on her Ford Edge, and she missed the wiper and hit her windshield with the snow brush. Hit it just hard enough to crack it.

I would flip the wipers up after you park the car so the ice doesn't freeze them to the windshield.

EDIT: Looking at the wiper, I think you can fix it. I had a similar wiper on one of my old cars that looked the same, all I had to do was realign everything and then feed (or wedge?) it back into the metal housing. Definitely not a defect, just a product of the impact.

Last edited:

BAD idea, you really should pick up a can of this:

eccbd446-9f6a-463a-8d52-9f49b80e15b2_1.f9582e6cb3756613a3a26652bb1fe078.jpeg

BAD idea, you really should pick up a can of this:

eccbd446-9f6a-463a-8d52-9f49b80e15b2_1.f9582e6cb3756613a3a26652bb1fe078.jpeg

In Toronto, we're cheap. We lift the wipers up from the windscreen to avoid them freezing to it. It's a monkey see, monkey do thing that is sweeping the parking lots. It looks like a sea of cars all giving a salute.

IskiE

I mean sure I've had to scrape my windshield, but I guess I've never had my wipers actually freeze to it. They more just get stuck if the windshield is covered in thick ice and snow, so stuck in the sense they can't move, not being actually stuck. Once that's cleared, they are fine.

Well, yea, stuck. Not frozen. So when scraping u generally just scrape that direction to free them.
Yea, some people in my parking lot do the raised wiper thing. I don't why, I find that annoying. LOL Suppose they could get damaged if it's (reallyreallyreally) windy?
Yea...that's my story. Sticking to it.

Well, yea, stuck. Not frozen. So when scraping u generally just scrape that direction to free them.
Yea, some people in my parking lot do the raised wiper thing. I don't why, I find that annoying. LOL Suppose they could get damaged if it's (reallyreallyreally) windy?
Yea...that's my story. Sticking to it.

Yeah I don't raise mine either. But I've also never hit my blades with the scraper/brush LOL!

Back