What have you done to your CX-5 today?

****** snowing in southern texas
(shocked)

24831277_10159599971135487_5234438166183196019_o.jpg

Amplified Bazooka Bass tube? They come in sizes 6", 8", and 10" (diameters) and in 50w/100w/250w amplification power levels.

The 6" amplified tube is 8.3" x 18.5" and it can be turned in F/B, L/R directions depending on the load being carried AND since it is constructed of a hard plastic shell, so it can be bumped or banged with little damage.

You will still need to spend a small amount of money (nothing is free), but it should be cheaper than the custom route and can move from vehicle to vehicle when the time comes.

Crutchfield sells them too and of course you could probably find them on Amazon, just make sure you have the right p/n.

Nice! That looks simple and compact enough to fit in the space I want it in. I don't mind a couple hundred $, but custom boxes and subs often cost near the $1000 range for the local guys to do it and do a nice job. That looks simple and well priced. Might just pick one up after Christmas some time.

Dropped off the CX-5 to get the headlights restored. It is going to be covered by warranty. There is staining on the headlights that are absolutely not my doing. Service advisor previously took pictures and sent it to Mazda. Apparently Mazda wants to try a headlight restoration first before deciding to just simply replace the headlights.

My speaker, it was $200 new, form a CL distributor, the MDF was $12 from Home Depot and a few bucks, for the 2"x4"s and speaker connector. Straps, I had home.
The only two custom parts are, the 6" rubber gasket and that 6" aluminum plate, to seal all the wheel holes.

Dropped off the CX-5 to get the headlights restored. It is going to be covered by warranty. There is staining on the headlights that are absolutely not my doing. Service advisor previously took pictures and sent it to Mazda. Apparently Mazda wants to try a headlight restoration first before deciding to just simply replace the headlights.
Do you happen to have GT Tech package? If you do, you really want to push hard getting a new set of revised LED headlights as these LED DRLs on 2016 most likely will fail eventually.

Do you happen to have GT Tech package? If you do, you really want to push hard getting a new set of revised LED headlights as these LED DRLs on 2016 most likely will fail eventually.

I do have the GT Tech package. I haven't heard back from them today since dropping it off this morning. I don't think a headlight restore will fix that but I'll see what it ends up looking tomorrow. I'll keep the revised LED headlights in mind, thanks for the tip.

But nobody uses snow tires in Texas ⋯ ;)

Damn Skippy lol. Been here since 2011 and that 10 hour snow was all I've experienced around here! These sub 40* temps are super for the tune and short ram intake tho!

Washed the damper baby yesterday-today first serious snowrain to start the season for the next six month here- just awful but not to change [emoji847]

Cheers 101

Took it for the first wash and hand wax detailing. Afterwards, it was photographed for posterity.

Put the winter mats in. Didn't realize I forgot to wash them last year. Lol. Dirty as hell already.

Got our CX-5 back last Saturday. They ended up ordering new headlights for it.
Thats great news for you. If you get the latest J version, chances are youll have a pair of revised LED headlights which should last a lot longer than your originals on LED DRLs.

Yeah if the cost of replacement on these LED DRLs is similar to incandescent or halogen bulbs, nobody would complain! But now you're talking about $1,250 list for a single replacement unit of LED headlight for flickering DRLs! With labor Mazda dealer often charges $1,500 for a single LED headlight replacement on something which is supposed to last a lot longer than 2 years!

The only good news out of this is the list prices on latest "J" version of these LED headlights are cheaper now:

UNIT(R) HEAD LAMP - MAZDA CX-5 Right with LED
KA0G-51-031J (Replaces: KA0G-51-031C, KA0G-51-031D, KA0G-51-031G, KA0G-51-031H, KA0G-51-031)
List Price: $1,059.36

UNIT(L) HEAD LAMP - MAZDA CX-5 Left with LED
KA0G-51-041J (Replaces: KA0G-51-041C, KA0G-51-041D, KA0G-51-041G, KA0G-51-041H, KA0G-51-041)
List Price: $1,048.88

Hopefully the problems on LED headlights have been truely fixed after that many revisions during these 2 years ⋯ (nailbyt)

Back