What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Upgraded my spanking new CX-5 to full navigation by popping in an $85 SD card from eBay — about 20% of the price the dealer was asking.

Quick and dirty 3D printed pull tabs for oil service cover. I doubt they will hold up very long but....
2e89e743adde23debc95ee616f6f8121.jpg
ce5c74f5d88c20ad1546bcf6b42fc427.jpg
807a5daa3b08b10b8a88f7f575b748ea.jpg

Chrome garnish to window pillors. Xpel rear bumper protector applied. Sunstrip tinting using 5% non-metallic tint. It was done horribly ,,,,, I am ripping this off tomorrow.

Posting my Qs here in hopes of an answer :D
I want to add aftermarket Rear LED Tail Lights - never been fan of Touring turn signals. Pretty much blanked out by Texas sun.

My Q's for folks who have already done this:
1. Do I need to do anything specific after connecting the battery back? TPMS sensors etc. Or is it just disconnect, connect new lights, test them and fix them in and connect battery boom ?

2. Should I seal the lights before putting them in? Options that you suggest.

3. My steps are : Disconnect battery
Open rear access patch / door - unplug, unscrew current tail lights.
Add new ones, connect battery - test all functions - hazards, reverse etc etc.
After successful test mount the resistor on some metallic surface.
Am I missing some steps? Do I have to reseal it after the seal is broken when removing the larger tail light?

Resealed my oil pan. Rotated my tyres. Changed out driver side front wheel bearing hub and a subtle woo sound is still present. Might just be a feature pf my replacement trans :s.. or a bad cv but it doesn't seem to be getting worse.

Picking up a Silver touring with PEP on thursday and will be taking a few rolls of painters tape with me. Ive got an appontment for next week to have a full front clear bra installed. Am gonna grab some quality floormats also as I agree with SavageGeese that that exposed dead pedal is a mess waiting to happen.

well...today I took it in for it's first, to us, oil change at 17,988 miles (~7,999 miles on the oil) AND tightened to two nuts for the rear hatch spoiler that are accessible behind to two removable (black) plugs.

Each nut was loose and the right nut was loose enough to free spin. Prior to tightening them, I applied some blue loctite in the hopes that it will keep them from moving in the future. I also used a Sharpie(R) and made a witness mark to gauge any movement when I check them in the future.

Now I'm wondering if I should put the car on the 5k mile OCI or try to keep it close to the 7.5k mile OCI...

@Turborascal
Thanks for the info.
Using double sided tape installed the dashcam on the front camera housing below the rear view mirror.

Took it in for the first oil change at 4700 km to get rid of the break-in oil. From here on out it'll be all on the interval of 8000 km/6 mo.

My Beast in its new winter setup ( tire and Wheel ).

I cant wait for the snow and see its handling.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7956.JPG
    IMG_7956.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back