What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Had some Pirelli Cinturatos installed last week. I hope they will wear longer than the OEM Toyos. I only got 25K out of them.

Had some Pirelli Cinturatos installed last week. I hope they will wear longer than the OEM Toyos. I only got 25K out of them.
I don't think the OEM tires are really going to last long. I'm at 23.9K miles and my tires are pretty worn now. I'm most likely going to replace it with Continental TrueContacts. Let us know how you fare with the Cinturatos.

I don't think the OEM tires are really going to last long. I'm at 23.9K miles and my tires are pretty worn now. I'm most likely going to replace it with Continental TrueContacts. Let us know how you fare with the Cinturatos.
Check the UTQG (wear rating code) on your Toyo's sidewall. It's about 280. That's why they don't last. Replacement tires generally run 600-700; so they wear about 2+ times as long.

Washed and waxed yesterday after work. Used Ultimate liquid wax, very easy to use. Then Rain-X on the windows.

Been a few months since last wax. It was time. Surprised at how long it lasted.

Last edited:
Check the UTQG (wear rating code) on your Toyo's sidewall. It's about 280. That's why they don't last. Replacement tires generally run 600-700; so they wear about 2+ times as long.
Oh I didn't know it was only 280. That's like wear rating for a summer tire. In any case, my experience with Mazda OEM tires are that they will be worn out by 25K miles, so it is not really surprising that they won't last long. I've replaced the OEM tires on my previous Mazdas at around the 25K mile mark.

First oil change and tire rotation (4600 miles). Oil looked norm...Filled with Mazda Moly and the OEM filter,tires set to 38 psi. Ready to roll on another 5k miles...

Oh I didn't know it was only 280. That's like wear rating for a summer tire. In any case, my experience with Mazda OEM tires are that they will be worn out by 25K miles, so it is not really surprising that they won't last long. I've replaced the OEM tires on my previous Mazdas at around the 25K mile mark.

My stock Yokohama tires did not last either. By 18.5k miles had developed bubbles in the sidewall of one of them.

My stockers look fine after 5k miles,lol,but I'm ready to get the General Altimax on there,so if they last,they last,if they don't,they don't,and I get a better tire sooner...

Tada, Maxhaust soundgenerator (Original Audi SQ5) with Maserati gts V8 soundmodul + some alu buthyl dam work-now I will figure out a nice setup with theire app the next days-3 Profiles to save will give me some fun
947f23f6b020c1ab5a64825ae38c5c20.jpg

578eaa7cfa3bc997a56d88e69705f485.png

0fce5c9efda02c3bd184af598c2ef15f.png

There are already some videos on youtube about this product to give you a idea how it sounds

Cheers 101

Last edited:
Tada, Maxhaust soundgenerator (Original Audi SQ5) with Maserati gts V8 soundmodul + some alu buthyl dam work-now I will figure out a nice setup with theire app the next days-3 Profiles to save will give me some fun

There are already some videos on youtube about this product to give you a idea how it sounds

Cheers 101

Hey I can sell you an axleback exhaust designed to mount a turbo.. just throw a junk t3 turbo on it and you will sound like a diesel.. no oil supply or anything needed since just for sound..

Hey I can sell you an axleback exhaust designed to mount a turbo.. just throw a junk t3 turbo on it and you will sound like a diesel.. no oil supply or anything needed since just for sound

Mine is a diesel - I can turn of the sound with the cancel button from the tempomat if I go out with the family or on the highway and of course most important the sound is a total different story-my nece yesterday runs way from my car she thought I have caged a lion in the trunk-really[emoji15][emoji23]🤣

Cheers 101

Opened up my new to me 2014 2.5 GT to do the front and rear differential fluid, not knowing what sort of history the car has had. I was pleasantly surprised to find very clean fluid, but filthy magnets.

However, I did find some significant seepage from the engine dripping right where it meets the transmission, but didn't get a good look to see if it was coming from higher up. I'm still within the factory drivetrain warranty, so I emailed my local dealer with a picture and they said all should be covered under warranty, so I've got an appointment in a short while to see what happens next.

I also put in a new cabin air filter that was pretty dirty, but did find a practically brand new engine air filter already installed.

Opened up my new to me 2014 2.5 GT to do the front and rear differential fluid, not knowing what sort of history the car has had. I was pleasantly surprised to find very clean fluid, but filthy magnets.

However, I did find some significant seepage from the engine dripping right where it meets the transmission, but didn't get a good look to see if it was coming from higher up. I'm still within the factory drivetrain warranty, so I emailed my local dealer with a picture and they said all should be covered under warranty, so I've got an appointment in a short while to see what happens next.

I also put in a new cabin air filter that was pretty dirty, but did find a practically brand new engine air filter already installed.
That last paragraph is hella confusing. I put in a new filter that was dirty. But there was a new filter there. So why did you in stall the dirty, yet new, filter?

That last paragraph is hella confusing. I put in a new filter that was dirty. But there was a new filter there. So why did you in stall the dirty, yet new, filter?
One is cabin, one is engine. Not sure about the installing a dirty filter though. Lol

Honestly, I think the grill stinks. I wish the '15 or whatever year it is, grill would fit (horizontal rails in it).

Back