What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Washed BOTH cars. I think white is harder to keep clean then black is.
4dd5b269eaa1eec12b22e65f0f555ea6.jpg
Only problem with the black is after 4 1/2 years, my paint definitely needs some work.

My fault since I didn't know better for most of that time and now know about waxing and washing better, but mine is covered in tiny scratches and swirl marks.

Black literally shows everything. Had a black Civic SE as my first car, and that thing literally showed every speck of dirt and every little scratch and mark.

Silver is by far the easiest color to maintain, shows very little dirt, and scratches are basically non-existent as far as showing up goes, unless they're deep.

I etched the car number plate number on most of the glass panes in the car today. The anti theft drive here requires you to do that. I do not know if it has any real usefulness but the police believe that they can find the owner if the stolen car is recovered and it makes it difficult for the thief to take it somewhere else and register and sell it.

I etched the car number plate number on most of the glass panes in the car today. The anti theft drive here requires you to do that. I do not know if it has any real usefulness but the police believe that they can find the owner if the stolen car is recovered and it makes it difficult for the thief to take it somewhere else and register and sell it.
How is that done and what does the final result look like? (picture?)

That's too bad you have to have it... hopefully they didn't charge you and arm and a leg for the service (unless you bought a kit and did it yourself):

http://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-2016/car-buyers-beware-sneaky-costs.html

How could anyone NOT like this front end...?

I've said al along that Mazda finally managed to correct the disproportionality of the front end on the Gen II car by making the grill opening wider and (probably) not as tall. The only thing that strikes me as odd (and a bit off putting) is gap at the outer ends of the chrome grille surround where the inner edge of the headlight assembly protrudes between the chrome and the painted fascia in front of the hood. Would have looked better, to my eye, if they had carried the chrome surround right up to the painted piece.

I've said al along that Mazda finally managed to correct the disproportionality of the front end on the Gen II car by making the grill opening wider and (probably) not as tall. The only thing that strikes me as odd (and a bit off putting) is gap at the outer ends of the chrome grille surround where the inner edge of the headlight assembly protrudes between the chrome and the painted fascia in front of the hood. Would have looked better, to my eye, if they had carried the chrome surround right up to the painted piece.
My impressions are opposite. I love the "gap" and how Mazda managed to give that aggressive look via that gap.

Different strokes for different folks. [emoji1]

My impressions are opposite. I love the "gap" and how Mazda managed to give that aggressive look via that gap.

Different strokes for different folks. [emoji1]

You're right about 'different strokes', but to clarify/expand my reasoning: As far as I'm concerned, anything a manufacturer can do to disguise the fact that a CUV is generally nothing more than a hatchback (in this case the Mazda 3, more or less) that's been sectioned to add extra height to the body and jacked up on its suspension to add ground clearance, so much the better. Leaving (adding?) that gap in the front end works against creating a seamless, low visual profile and telegraphs to anyone viewing the CX-5 in their rear view mirror "here comes another SUV".

You're right about 'different strokes', but to clarify/expand my reasoning: As far as I'm concerned, anything a manufacturer can do to disguise the fact that a CUV is generally nothing more than a hatchback (in this case the Mazda 3, more or less) that's been sectioned to add extra height to the body and jacked up on its suspension to add ground clearance, so much the better. Leaving (adding?) that gap in the front end works against creating a seamless, low visual profile and telegraphs to anyone viewing the CX-5 in their rear view mirror "here comes another SUV".
I presume you own the 1st gen.

Got me a nice hood ding (damn oak trees) after taking her up to the adks for the weekend:( But I fitted my custom rear plate frame:
Don't mess with my
MAZDARATI
So I figure that to be good for 4-5hp conservatively though I haven't gotten her back up on a dyno yet (note to self) stay tuned!

That was after stock script: 'Maserati' frame wasn't a hit here or w/the few friends (stretching the limits) I asked.

Didn't take long (I've been driving the X1 more lately while I can) for a Greenwich rich bish in a Levante to roll up behind the Mazdarati at a stop light..no doubt she saw the plate and had a good chuckle- we both did...mission accomplished:)

Last edited:
Back