What have you done to your CX-5 today?

anyone use a bumper guard/buddy for their cx-5? im in NYC and have to do street parking so im looking to invest in something

anyone use a bumper guard/buddy for their cx-5? im in NYC and have to do street parking so im looking to invest in something
Trying to remember who, but someone on here is also in NYC and had something installed on the back of his CX-5 for that.

Well gotta run to Discount Tire. One of my tires seems to have a slow leak going on. Hoping they can fix it.

I have the certificates, but if I recall, they are only good for 3 years aren't they? In which case, I wish this happened a couple weeks ago as I got the tires early September 2014. :(

So, hoping they can simply repair it!

Washed, polished and waxed mine on Saturday. Just bought it the Saturday before, so wanted to get a solid coat of wax on before the winter hits. I'll likely do a follow-up coat in a month or two just before the snow really hits.

I rubbed the paint after and now I wish I had done a clay bar as well, but that'll be a next spring ordeal now. A few months won't kill it. :p

New to the CX-5 world, but enjoying the new machine tremendously thus far!

Well gotta run to Discount Tire. One of my tires seems to have a slow leak going on. Hoping they can fix it.

I have the certificates, but if I recall, they are only good for 3 years aren't they? In which case, I wish this happened a couple weeks ago as I got the tires early September 2014. :(

So, hoping they can simply repair it!

If they decline go to a different DT location....It may depend on the manager to okay you as they usually have "hook up" customer service :)

They were able to repair it, no cost. Which is good, I'm definitely not in a set of new tires position right now. Phew.

Place was crowded. I showed up at 12:30, they had me come back at 2:30 and then it took about an hour.

Got me a nice hood ding (damn oak trees) after taking her up to the adks for the weekend:( But I fitted my custom rear plate frame:
Don't mess with my
MAZDARATI
So I figure that to be good for 4-5hp conservatively though I haven't gotten her back up on a dyno yet (note to self) stay tuned!

That was after stock script: 'Maserati' frame wasn't a hit here or w/the few friends (stretching the limits) I asked.

Replaced my "small" spare tire with a larger tire and rim following the suggestion by 'bigtex' in the CX-5-Wheels-Tires-Brakes-amp-Suspension section here. Nice to know that if and when I get a flat I have a spare that I can use on the front or rear and not damage my drivetrain if I have to drive a ways on the spare.

Last edited:
Checked the vehicle info display after daughter was scared about the amber wrench showing on the dashboard.
It was a reminder that in 1k miles oil needs to be changed.[emoji3][emoji3]

Replaced my "small" spare tire with a larger tire and rim following the suggestion by 'bigtex' in the CX-5-Wheels-Tires-Brakes-amp-Suspension section here. Nice to know that if and when I get a flat I have a spare that I can use on the front or rear and not damage my drivetrain if I have to drive a ways on the spare.

Does it fit in the spare tire location?

Today a thorough vacuuming, Lexol cleaner and conditioner on the seats, and 303 on the dash and interior. Tomorrow she goes to the car wash.

Took it down to Grand Gulf State Park down near the Missouri/Arkansas border. Navigation took me 3 miles down a gravel road to save 8 miles on paved roads.

53ec4dca0a9fda9d1d0825a6bb22b4e6.jpg

I thought the dust would be the worst I did to it today. Nope, my youngest had to one up the dust with vomit. Thankful I put in the plastic floor mats with lips and neoprene seat covers. Cleaned up most of it on the side of the road with several bottles of water, napkins and interior cleaning wipes. Tomorrow will be a more thorough clean up.

You gotta keep a big mayonnaise jar in the back!

But seriously, good thinking in the mats.

Took it down to Grand Gulf State Park down near the Missouri/Arkansas border. Navigation took me 3 miles down a gravel road to save 8 miles on paved roads.

53ec4dca0a9fda9d1d0825a6bb22b4e6.jpg

I thought the dust would be the worst I did to it today. Nope, my youngest had to one up the dust with vomit. Thankful I put in the plastic floor mats with lips and neoprene seat covers. Cleaned up most of it on the side of the road with several bottles of water, napkins and interior cleaning wipes. Tomorrow will be a more thorough clean up.
The pictures shows that you and your vehicle had lots of fun.

Washed BOTH cars. I think white is harder to keep clean then black is.
4dd5b269eaa1eec12b22e65f0f555ea6.jpg

May depend on locale and season-never owned white but black in winter = hell. I do think white gets way too much credit for being easy..silver is that and i fancy the liquid vs the new sonic which was deeper and a bit darker. Will I ever let my '14 go? Maybe no

Back