What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Will be installing an oil cooler between the coolant line going to OEM ATF cooler.

21371150_10159207171175487_4545424021074499460_n.jpg

Chris, Please do a how to write up on this one...

Ooh it's been awhile, been so busy at work. Not today, but over the past few weeks I...

- I got my old Ultra-gauge installed on our CX-5. I'm disappointed in that it shows only minimal useful data. It shows engine coolant temp, air intake temp, battery voltage and that's about it for useful data. It doesn't show any fuel trim data or other temperature data. Don't know if a new version of the Ultra-gauge will show more data, but I'm glad I didn't spend the money to get a new one.

- Used Inviscord to tap into the auto-dimming mirror to power our dash cam. Pretty easy install and is a must for a 2016 CX-5, because the power socket in the console storage area is ALWAYS ON. Now I no longer have to manually turn on/off the power socket adapter. Dash cam will turn on and off when the engine turns on and off.

Sidenote, convinced my parents to trade in their old SUV for a 2017 CX-5. It is nice, even for a base touring model without any packages. Drove it around the block last night and I really love the throttle mapping on the 2017 CX-5s. You don't have to press the gas pedal as much to get it going, which results in a car that feels lighter. I wish I can update the throttle mapping on our 2016 CX-5 to match the new model.

Drove to a leisure camp along what we call "chicken intestines" mountain road. It really really handles well. The traction control and G-vectoring is superb. The G-vectoring has this "drift" sensation on curved roads minus the "drift slide". You can feel the tail of the CX-5 giving effort to follow the front wheel trajectory thereby lessening the centrifugal force.

Drove to a leisure camp along what we call "chicken intestines" mountain road. It really really handles well. The traction control and G-vectoring is superb. The G-vectoring has this "drift" sensation on curved roads minus the "drift slide". You can feel the tail of the CX-5 giving effort to follow the front wheel trajectory thereby lessening the centrifugal force.

That's understeer compensated by wheel braking (clutch or brake) haha

Changed the battery (cr2025) in my key fob for the first time. Original Panasonic lasted nearly two years.

Got my windshield replaced today. Was $364. Cost me $100 with insurance (my comprehensive deductible).

The original windshield cracked in January, so it lasted 3 months shy of 4 years (rock chips aside), which is pretty damn impressive for Colorado.

Got my windshield replaced today. Was $364. Cost me $100 with insurance (my comprehensive deductible).

The original windshield cracked in January, so it lasted 3 months shy of 4 years (rock chips aside), which is pretty damn impressive for Colorado.

We've had at least 3 rock chips in our windshield in 4 years.
Never cracked though. I was talking to the wife about how the CX-5 windshield is a magnet for rocks.

We've had at least 3 rock chips in our windshield in 4 years.
Never cracked though. I was talking to the wife about how the CX-5 windshield is a magnet for rocks.

Too true on the rock chips lol!

Yeah, we'll see how this windshield does. Everybody is always saying it cracks easily, but mine lasted almost 4 years before that happened, so who knows lol.

Nice CX-3!
Thanks! It is nice but def miss the extra room of the CX-5. Also miss some of the extra features. Last night I pulled into the garage and caught myself walking out, shutting the door. Went back to the car to turn the lights off, no auto feature. Lol

This is a rental while Tamz car is in the body shop. Weve been waiting about 3 weeks now for the mirror cap to come in. We dropped it off last night and this morning I get a call from the manager. While driving it into the bay, the tech hit a big landscaping rock aka mini-boulder. Cracked the bumper cover and one of the inner plastic shields. So now I get a new bumper to match the new fender. Lol

Too true on the rock chips lol!

Yeah, we'll see how this windshield does. Everybody is always saying it cracks easily, but mine lasted almost 4 years before that happened, so who knows lol.
From price you paid, you seem to get an aftermarket windshield. According to Unobtanium, his aftermarket replacement windshield seems stronger and holds up well so far.

My OEM windshield definitely weaker than my other vehicles. It cracked in each of the 2 hail storms in the past 2 years while every other vehicle parked near by suffered no damage on windshield!

From price you paid, you seem to get an aftermarket windshield. According to Unobtanium, his aftermarket replacement windshield seems stronger and holds up well so far.

My OEM windshield definitely weaker than my other vehicles. It cracked in each of the 2 hail storms in the past 2 years while every other vehicle parked near by suffered no damage on windshield!
Yep, definitely appears to be aftermarket. Good deal if it ends up being stronger.

Chris, Please do a how to write up on this one...

Yea, I will for this one. Just need to get some more 5/8 hose and maybe two more elbows. Trans should be coming in tomorrow and hopefully that solves the issue.
Z5xXoPQ.jpg

Left our CX-5 home today and drove my mom's 2017 CX-5 Touring to work. There is a significant positive difference that is noticeable in daily driving. I will share my thoughts on it later in the week.

Left our CX-5 home today and drove my mom's 2017 CX-5 Touring to work. There is a significant positive difference that is noticeable in daily driving. I will share my thoughts on it later in the week.

Yup, I don't think people realize how much better driving the 2017 CX-5 is - beyond the more refined cabin.

Picked her up last night! :D Wife is sooooo happy to have her car back.

The CX-3 is very nice, I like the styling, it rode and handled well (um duh) and the red leather accents were oh-so-nice, but I felt more cramped in the cockpit than I do in my Miata. Wife agreed and said she felt like the Miata had more overall room in the front seats. One other thing that took me some getting used to was rear visibility. I kept adjusting the rearview mirror hoping to get a better view and realized it was due to the roof angle. lol

Left it at the service centre the entire day so they could figure out the source of the accelerator noise but no luck :/ Gonna try again next week.

took to dealer for locked up navigation... put newest software version in, works now. also had front rotors turned and new pads for shimmy (29K miles); rear pads still over 50%. Changed out rear hatch shocks under recall too. They washed it for me.

Back