What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Just installed a pair of Aries StyleGuard Floor Liners currently on sale from an un-named vendor.
They replaced a pair of factory "all weather mats" - not having much of a lip, that let in all sorts of dirt and debris to go underneath,
The factory mats came with the car, they will be on Craigslist one of these days.
The Aries mat is more like a tray and fits super snug. I look forward to some inclimate weather now.

Last edited:
Just installed a pair of Aries StyleGuard Floor Liners currently on sale from an un-named vendor.
They replaced a pair of factory "all weather mats" - not having much of a lip, that let in all sorts of dirt and debris to go underneath,
The factory mats came with the car, they will be on Craigslist one of these days.
The Aries mat is more like a tray and fits super snug. I look forward to some inclimate weather now.

Is this for the 2017 CX-5? Can you kindly post where you bought your matting? I'm on a hunt for a set. Weathertech still doesn't have cargo mat in their arsenal.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

I just did a tailwhip on dry pavement!! That never was possible with the SRI on (put oem box back with aem highflow filter).. tune is worth 100%..

Is this for the 2017 CX-5? Can you kindly post where you bought your matting? I'm on a hunt for a set. Weathertech still doesn't have cargo mat in their arsenal.

Nelson - These are the front mats only, for a 2016.5 and from what I can tell, nothing from this manufacturer or MAXpider is available yet for the 2017.

Nelson - These are the front mats only, for a 2016.5 and from what I can tell, nothing from this manufacturer or MAXpider is available yet for the 2017.
Maxpider already has matting for the 2017. Weathertech also has 2017 matting excluding the cargo area.

Chrome accent strips double as a bumper guard

Another day and another accessory installed. This time its the "Mazda CX-5 Rear Bumper Guard Applique" I ordered from a vendor on the internet.Even if this bumper applique didn't protect the bumper more effectively than any others that I shopped, the chrome accent strips change the entire complexion of the rear of the car - in my judgment, a major compliment without being gaudy. If you were only buying it for the chrome accents, it is a very nice touch to your CX5 - very KODO !

Attachments

• MZD-CX5.jpg
    MZD-CX5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 189
Since I hate the chrome on the car (or any car thats not a 50s-60s classic for that matter) I did what I also have done on my CX3, which is give the chrome a brushed look. Take a green Scotch-Brite pad and gently rub on the chrome until it gives a matte type finish. To me this looks far more classy and gives the car a more upscale look.

nochrome1.jpg

Before

nochrome2.jpg

Halfway done

nochrome3.jpg

Done!

nochrome4.jpg

In the sunlight.

I am thinking I may do the chrome trim the runs at the base of the windows too....
Amazing! Can it be "undone" polished out. Would assume it could but not 100% sure. I too hate chrome

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Finally got time to wash and protect the paint with polish. That MG color shines like black/dark grey chrome in the sunlight!
017cd6d4b67427465c845069f766041b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed a chrome bumper guard to hide a spouse installed scratch. We had to remove the coating first to get it to stick. I'm happy with the look!
dc211845477c9b8d0305e16904dc9bf7.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Amazing! Can it be "undone" polished out. Would assume it could but not 100% sure. I too hate chrome

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

It cannot. Not that Id want it. I did it about 1.5yrs ago on my CX3 and it still looks the same. :D

Added the OEM Tiedown hook or TOW-Eye into trunk space which MAZDA no longer offer as
standard equipment in US spec Mazda CX-5..
Also took some time to fill in some rock chips on my 2 week old car ... : /

Added the OEM Tiedown hook or TOW-Eye into trunk space which MAZDA no longer offer as
standard equipment in US spec Mazda CX-5..
Also took some time to fill in some rock chips on my 2 week old car ... : /

ya my car has 2 rocks chips already also. one right at the lip of the front of the hood right before where my 3M firm starts :( and another above the windshield on the driverside on the roof. at least they are in not too noticeable spots. No dealers here have the new soul red touch up pens instock yet :(

If 2 rock chips make you sad, you definitely don't want a close up pic of my hood [emoji23]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back