What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Very nice wheels.

I am a bit of a noob with this stuff. What do those bars you have installed...do?

Last edited:
I'm getting one installed right now lol. I'm getting it primarily for a bike rack but having the wiring installed just in case I have the need to tow something 2000 pounds or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tow all the time with mine. Lumber, firewood, mulch, kayaks, bikes, hunting and camping gear, fence posts, furniture, concrete. The hitch/trailer combo is the best accessory of my CX-5.

got my windows tinted

Tinted windows are a must-have for summers here in south central Texas, but law only allows 15% on front windows. I got mine done today, the expensive ceramic (i.e. supposedly cooler) kind - but now my far left ac vents reflect right where my side view mirror is. I suppose I'll get used to it and see past the reflection, but I'm not real happy right now. Anyone have ideas on how to fix that? Short of cutting that area out?

Oh, and they left a crease and a couple of bubbles at the bottom of the tint on the passenger side - yeah, they'll be redoing that one if they don't resolve in a couple days <sigh>.

I'm getting one installed right now lol. I'm getting it primarily for a bike rack but having the wiring installed just in case I have the need to tow something 2000 pounds or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise, but I'll hold off on the wiring until I have a definite need to tow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tinted windows are a must-have for summers here in south central Texas, but law only allows 15% on front windows. I got mine done today, the expensive ceramic (i.e. supposedly cooler) kind - but now my far left ac vents reflect right where my side view mirror is. I suppose I'll get used to it and see past the reflection, but I'm not real happy right now. Anyone have ideas on how to fix that? Short of cutting that area out?

There is a TSB for the chrome vent reflection issue. I know because I just got my CX-5 and that was my number one complaint - someone in the "what do you hate about your cx-5" thread linked me to a PDF with the TSB. Basically, the dealer service guys should be able to swap it out for a black vent at no cost to you. I think they can use non-chrome vents from earlier models, or if not there is definitely a part they can order. I'm likely going to get this done, but first I'm waiting to see how reflective it is after I get my front windows tinted.

Cleaned the interior today. Found this on top of the rear floor mat? Any ideas?
f5703705957b55816b0e244835154ef8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

^ possibly the insert tab to keep the mat from moving. If so try to get it replaced under warranty.

Oh, and they left a crease and a couple of bubbles at the bottom of the tint on the passenger side - yeah, they'll be redoing that one if they don't resolve in a couple days <sigh>.

I'm considering the ceramic tint also. The only reason I want to do it is to keep my daughter cooler in her baby seat since she can't move around much, but it's not cheap. Could you tell us if you feel it actually makes an appreciable difference?

I'm considering the ceramic tint also. The only reason I want to do it is to keep my daughter cooler in her baby seat since she can't move around much, but it's not cheap. Could you tell us if you feel it actually makes an appreciable difference?

Curious here on the ceramic as well. It's double the cost here, so I'd like to hear as well. Would like to get this done this coming up week. Thinking of some sort of windshield and sunroof tint as well.

Curious here on the ceramic as well. It's double the cost here, so I'd like to hear as well. Would like to get this done this coming up week. Thinking of some sort of windshield and sunroof tint as well.

So far we have had somewhat temperate weather here and it hasn't gotten that hot yet. It is definitely better than being naked though (the window, that is - not me). But I don't know that I can say with any certainty yet that it's worth the extra money. I was also considering getting the clear stuff on my windshield, but the shop I used to get the windows done is not impressing me on getting the passenger side replaced. They've agreed to do it, but not without accusing me of lowering the window prematurely (which I made sure they knew, in no uncertain terms, did not happen). Twice now I've gone by there to get it replaced and either their cutting machine is down or the wait was longer than I could stay. Today's visit was both. I'll try again next week. Maybe once they replace it I'll reconsider letting them do the windshield. Has anyone else done that? I was wondering how that might affect the HUD on the 2017's - just kind of a random thought, seeing how much reflection the side tint created.

Tinted, debaged, and installed cargo cover. Still have bumper guard to install and waiting on mats and cargo liner to arrive.

Tinted my front windows, installed the cargo cover, installed all weather cargo mat to match the others. Tomorrow...trailer hitch.

Back