What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Thanks HandA!!!!

That looks so easy. I changed my odyssey one time as it was in about the same spot except they had a metal bar you had to remove as well as a bunch of other crap...took over way over an hour to replace...and I was swearing out loud how stupid the designer was. Kudos to Mazda for this design.

Gave it a nice wash and wax yesterday as well as installing the white LED DRL bulbs:

RUN1922.jpg

Carbon wrap glossy panel

Just finished wrapping the glossy panel. It was such a finger print magnet. Also, this solves my dash rattle/squeak, which came from between the head unit trim and the glossy panel.

Love the result. It matches the silver panels.

photo_1.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Last edited:
That looks clean as heck, what did you use must tell!!! love it...

garage_attachment.php

I washed, clayed, and waxed my car for the first time. Good thing too - we went on a road trip together, and had about 2500 miles worth of icky to get rid of. Next week, I'm ordering a magnetbra for the front - my poor paint took a bit of a mid-western butt kicking on the interstate!

Attachments

• IMG_20130508_172743.jpg
    IMG_20130508_172743.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 2,174
Last edited:
It's too bad they won't sell just a dead pedal cover, it's nice looking but I really don't have any desire to put a cover on the brake or accelerator pedals.

Installed the Yakima Double Down bike rack for the summer. Like that it is also in silver. :)

IMG_0726.jpg

Installed front and rear mud flaps. The first one (rear) took an hour and a half. The 2nd rear one took 15 minutes. The front took 15 minutes and 10 minutes.

Installed Curt Class II hitch! (Going to carry bikes that is all)
It was pretty easy. I was worried the rubber holders for the exhaust was going to be hard but a couple squirts of WD-40 and it came off super easy. No issues at all.
Required 2nd person to help hold up and align the hitch while screwing it in.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hitch.jpg
    Hitch.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,205
Last edited:
well not me specifically..... but had rear mud flaps installed and an oil change by the dealer I purchased the car from 118 pounds in all, not that cheap but worth not having to do it myself :)

read engine oil rise - in engine drivetrain thread for more details.

put my 18 x 8.5's back on for the summer.....forgot how much better the ride handles with wider rims and grippy tires!

After 7555 miles, the first oil change. Had it done at the dealer and it was free, something my salesman never told me about when I bought it. Had a full Spring Service Special, including rotating the tires and a check of just about everything they could check. All systems are good. Had them look at three minor annoyances; 1) Squeak in dashboard which I haven't heard much since it got warm out. They couldn't hear it either (it was 80 degrees out) and my production date is outside of the TSB range. I'll wait till fall and colder weather. 2) Musty smell from defroster/AC. The sprayed it with something and no smell and I had the AC on for about an hour afterwards. 3) Occasional whirlly motor noise from passanger side door lock. The couldn't get it to happen, but it's more of a curiosity than an annoyance. Those were my only issues after almost 8 months. I love the car. Love the mileage (29.3 on computer after 8 months - just reset it for the first time - 27.7 by calculation, with about 65%+ suburban type driving). All its needs now is a good bath and vacuming. The black carpet shows every piece of dirt and grass.

After 7555 miles, the first oil change. Had it done at the dealer and it was free, something my salesman never told me about when I bought it. Had a full Spring Service Special, including rotating the tires and a check of just about everything they could check. All systems are good. Had them look at three minor annoyances; 1) Squeak in dashboard which I haven't heard much since it got warm out. They couldn't hear it either (it was 80 degrees out) and my production date is outside of the TSB range. I'll wait till fall and colder weather. 2) Musty smell from defroster/AC. The sprayed it with something and no smell and I had the AC on for about an hour afterwards. 3) Occasional whirlly motor noise from passanger side door lock. The couldn't get it to happen, but it's more of a curiosity than an annoyance. Those were my only issues after almost 8 months. I love the car. Love the mileage (29.3 on computer after 8 months - just reset it for the first time - 27.7 by calculation, with about 65%+ suburban type driving). All its needs now is a good bath and vacuming. The black carpet shows every piece of dirt and grass.
The smelly AC will come back; it always does. It's mold in the system and all cars have it. Get yourself some spray at an auto parts store and learn to do it yourself (spray goes into air intake at the base of the windshield. Otherwise you'll be taking it back to the dealer every 3 months.

The smelly AC will come back; it always does. It's mold in the system and all cars have it. Get yourself some spray at an auto parts store and learn to do it yourself (spray goes into air intake at the base of the windshield. Otherwise you'll be taking it back to the dealer every 3 months.
I always turn off my A/C a couple of minutes before I get to my destination. This helps prevent mold.

Back