What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed:
Hood Edge Protector (I thought this was a deflector, but just a protector, it uses 4 tabs that go under the hood, and the top part uses double sided tape that's preinstalled)
OEM Crossbars
Cargo Tray (very high quality, it even goes into the side pockets too)
Cargo Net

Misc comment: I've always had white cars, this CX-5 Stormy Blue Mica is my first 'colored' car, and wow, it gets dusty so easily!!!!!!!!!

Pics:
IMG_20130423_175346.jpg

IMG_20130423_175432.jpg
Put small caribiner clips in between the cargo net's clips and the rings, I makes them alot easier to unclip and removes some of the tension on the net.

Gave sapphire a rubdown today, with soap and water of course. Wiped all the door jambs, and took off the engine cover and hand washed that.

Jeff

Ripped out the center console to hotwire my Zune HD's SoundGate box to the FRONT 12v. I didn't want it to be on all the time within the armrest 12v.
I use a Tetrax phone holder that I put over the clock. I wanted to unplug it which I did to disable the clock but it also disables the Passenger Airbag Off warning light, and when that happens the Airbag light in the instrument panel blinks, that sucks, so I plugged it back in.

IMG_20130424_194252.jpg

Ripped out the center console to hotwire my Zune HD's SoundGate box to the FRONT 12v. I didn't want it to be on all the time within the armrest 12v.
I use a Tetrax phone holder that I put over the clock. I wanted to unplug it which I did to disable the clock but it also disables the Passenger Airbag Off warning light, and when that happens the Airbag light in the instrument panel blinks, that sucks, so I plugged it back in.
Although I've had most of the front interior out of mine a few times I've never looked at the clock/airbag light connector. Is there a way you could isolate just the clock wires and disconnect those while still leaving the airbag wires intact?

I'm hoping to someday tear into that section and see if I can both move the clock a little to the right so that it is not blocked by my right arm when driving and also to possibly change the LEDs to white or maybe blue rather than that ugly orange that they used.

Don't they still have some of those old medieval racks collecting dust in someone's collection over there? Maybe you can find one on ebay/UK.(wink)

I did, I was 5ft 6in BEFORE I used the rack (rolleyes). I've reached the limit of bearable pain on it so it's gotta be a stool for the last 8 inches!

First Post!

Just got my 2014 CX-5 GS (Touring in the US) on Wednesday. Just got some 3M protective film to go on for door sil scuff guards.

I thought about the OEM and ebay metal ones, but with the winters here along with salt, I'd rather not give water and dirt another place to hold up.

Installed the OEM door sills last night. Forgot to take pics.
Anyways, the instructions, template, etc it's weird, since it's not exactly centered in the door sill, but a few (5mm-15mm) away from the front of the inner plastic door sill.
Pics later.

First oil change with Mobil 1 0W20. Was considering 5W30 since summer is coming, but shrugged it off. Used Bosh 3300 oil filter.

I was tempted to swap the wheels from my RX-8 to my CX-5 just to see how they drive and look. The RX-8 wheels are 18x8 +50 while the CX-5's are 19x7 +50. Much thinner profile on the 8 but wider in width/contact patch of the tires. The RX-8 is running 180 tread rating SUPER STICKY extreme summer compounds (Kumho Ecsta XS'), and I could imagine them to be quite fun to toss the CX-5 around in especially given the lowered overall height from the smaller diameter and better gearing (though the CX-5 would still be piss slow).

941026_10151593988596551_173366480_n.jpg

Installed Inno 391 bike rack.
Installed it backwards otherwise the trunk would hit the back.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20130429_211616.jpg
    IMG_20130429_211616.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,566
2014 2wd Sport MT. Mazda all weather rubber floor mats and cargo area mat, Mazda hood bug shield, color matched side moldings, Mazda rear bumper stainless protector, Mazda door sill stainless protectors, factory fog lights, class 1 hitch, 3M window tint, Pioneer AVH-X4500BT DVD receiver and Focal Access 6.5" speakers (front and rear doors, tweeters in dash). This Friday she will get her first oil change at the dealer.

Put in the rear storage mat. Pretty nice quality, and the CX-5 logo seals the deal.
IMG_0882_zps8d9db491.jpg

IMG_0883_zps7eea8f52.jpg

IMG_0884_zps435f42a1.jpg

Installed tint to the front two windows

Rear: 20% Factory Mazda Tint
Front: 35% SunTek Carbon Film Tint

vglt5.jpg

Picked up a case of Mazda oil as well as 4 filters. Since I could not get them locally I stopped at the Mazda dealer in Madison Wisconsin while my daughter was going to state for National History Day. She was happy...I was happy and now my Red Soul Mazda will be happy too!

Installed a dashcam. The 808 #18 DR32.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20130504_213253.jpg
    IMG_20130504_213253.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 3,089
replaced the cabin filter. It was so easy even a web designer could do it :p

cabinfilter.jpg

Last edited:
Back