What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Thank you C Jayhawker! It looks like the silver roof rack stands out now, huh? I haven't decided whether to remove them or paint/powdercoat them. I don't use them at all. What would you do?

I plasti-dipped mine in black and I think it looks much better and sportier now. If I had the nice powder coat wheels like you, I would have the racks powder coated to match. I also do not use mine, and don't intend to, but I think they add to the utility look so I like them esthetically. If you want the cheapest option that will still look very good, plasti dip them in black. The finished product matches perfectly with the black plastic trim pieces around the windows.

Picture of black roof rails:

Looking good buddy[emoji106] I'm still undecided, but I will probably keep the rails on. If anything, the future buyer may want them. Of course, I can also remove them and simply store them. I do have plastidip around, but if I'm going to do it black, I'm going to do it the right way [emoji6]

Last edited:
-Navigation SD installed (newest version) : saved an unused copy of the data before installation in case I need it in the future.

-Mud flaps/guards installed : These are ebay ones that are similar to oem look only the fronts are slightly larger.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

*next plan is to buy and install the oem fog lights and switch.

Looking good buddy[emoji106] I'm still undecided, but I will probably keep the rails on. If anything, the future buyer may want them. Of course, I can also remove them and simply store them. I do have plastidip around, but if I'm going to do it black, I'm going to do it the right way [emoji6]

I would like to do it the right way too, but for the near term I chose the cheap and quick plasti-dip method. Even up close it looks very good and matches the other trims, so it's not on my immediate to-do list.

Well, after resetting averages and the wife driving back and forth to work all week, changing the rear diff and xfer case oil improved mileage better than I had hoped. Previous average 29.3 mpg, new average 32.7 mpg. No changes in route, gas, etc. A pretty significant increase and further proof of the vastly reduced friction and heat with the RedLine oil. This was after only one week, so I expect a little more mpg to be squeaked out.

Still seeing MPG increases?

So that pic is the black powdercoated ones taken from a high angle looking all white chrome-y? Nice!

Even though I've read here on the site that the 19" weigh more and decrease gas mileage, and what else, oh, have a stiffer ride, I'm still interested. The look of the GT rims is better. Let me know when you're ready to sell.

Thanks Eddie! I have a GT, so I had the same OEM 19" wheels on it, only in silver color (which will be for sale soon). Even with mounting, lifetime balancing, and spacers, I should come out near even $ for a custom look [emoji4]
I'm really liking how in bright sunlight the gloss black powdercoating looks like black chrome
96ab34c18145f20a2785dc8091e9284c.jpg

So that pic is the black powdercoated ones taken from a high angle looking all white chrome-y? Nice!

Even though I've read here on the site that the 19" weigh more and decrease gas mileage, and what else, oh, have a stiffer ride, I'm still interested. The look of the GT rims is better. Let me know when you're ready to sell.

Exactly! The high angle gives the powder coat almost a black chrome look from the reflection of the sun. It's better than I had imagined. I will PM you in a couple days when I get some pics of them.

Well, accidentally messed up one of my Crystal Eye LED Lamps, so I ordered a much cheaper ($270) version from ebay. The difference I can see being a red side reflector vs a clear one.. but I do not want to spend $600 for another set again.
$_12.JPG

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I was thinking about trying these, as the light arrangement matched my led fogs better, but I decided against it.
$_57.JPG

Well the replacments came in. 260 shipped vs over 600 the difference being the red reflector. 99.9% sure its the same manufacture, just crystal eye seems to get exclusive colors.
8ftc89c.jpg

1st oil change at 5,XXX miles.
Recently installed LED lighting in DRLs, fogs, and license plate. Links to the products:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

They are all 6000k in color, and I think they look fantastic. DRL's look night and day better than the stock yellow halogens. I would probably order the fog lights in a 5000k color if I were to re-order, because at 6000k they are slightly whiter than the bi-xenon headlights at most angles. Still look way better than the cheap yellow halogens, though. No "bulb out" or other warnings displayed with these installed (not sure if Mazda's even have that feature, but it was a problem on my Volkswagen).

I also changed out the interior and license plate halogen bulbs with 6k LEDs. I was worried 6k might be too 'white' however I'm very pleased with my choice. 6K gives the whitest of whites without any bluish tint. For the license plate bulb I went with the dimmest LED I could find. I didn't want a bright light that draws too much attention.

de3175-led-bulb-4smd-festoon-30mm.jpg

wled-x5-store0.jpg

Last edited:
In the time it took me to cook some Hamburglar Helper I was able to remove and clean my engine intake, maf, throttle body and put the cabin air filter in the wash.

In the time it took me to cook some Hamburglar Helper I was able to remove and clean my engine intake, maf, throttle body and put the cabin air filter in the wash.

Your intake and throttle body were dirty enough to need cleaning? How many miles do you have on that?

Your intake and throttle body were dirty enough to need cleaning? How many miles do you have on that?
30000. I clean the intake every 5000 or so and I do the rest while its exposed. When i say tb i really mean just the throttle plate area.

Back