What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Washed and applied Sonax Netshield. Then it rained and there are water spots again. I need to make room in the garage for the CX-5.

I can totally get behind that! I saw that thread but somehow overlooked your setup. That is a great way to get the sub in there inexpensively and without taking up space. Thanks for pointing that out!! I'm sure that the air volume of the enclosure is not to recommended levels (0.70cubic feet on an enclosed "box" is the minimum my instructions say), but if it sounds good that is all that matters.

I currently have my amp hidden in the spare tire, and the sub in it's compact box just sitting on the trunk mat. It should be pretty easy to modify to your hidden setup.

It may be very close to the 0.7 cubic feet. I don't remember exactly, how much water went in the wheel(yes I have filled it up to measure it), but something around 28-30 liters. This was only the wheel, but the tire it is taller. so will add even more space.

Washed, then 2 applications of Zaino.

Installed Mazda Window Vent Visors and Bug Shield Edge Guard.

Just had the Proskin paint protection skin put on, also have ordered a Yakima loadwarrior basket. Will post pics when installed.

Had the front windows tinted to match the rears.

I had an appointment at 10am.

At 9:50 am we walked in, took care of the paperwork and handed over the key fob. As we walked out of the office at 9:55am they were pulling the CX5 into the bay.

We walked across the street to Walgreens to browse around. At 10:10am we walked back. On the way I saw the CX5 already sitting in the parking lot... COMPLETE!

These guys (Tintboyz in Milwaukee, WI) don't mess around, laser cut to fit, 2 techs, and less than 15 minutes, with a lifetime warranty.

^Must be nice. My latest tint went terribly. Still needs resolve. Definitely not laser cut. Looks like it was cut by Michael J Fox.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well hit 25000mi like 2 weeks ago, pretty much on a tune since like 500mi no issues. I also got new tires last week which made a huge difference. I went from 255/45/20 to 245/45/20. Not as wide, but the old ones were pretty worn so the grip is excellent. I think the new tires are better rubber anyways (Toyo Proxes Plus, have had good experience with toyos). My tune performs much better now wit the smaller/lighter tire AND, no more tire slip coming out of first or second sometimes (DSC). People with small wheels definitely get a lot from the tune. I also found the sweet spot for 1st wot shifting where I get the nice crackle.. if I was straight piped I'd probably throw flames lol. Makes me want to get lighter wheels now to maximize my gains.

eYbF9F6.jpg

-Received and installed WeatherTech front and rear mats
-Also hardwired Valentine 1 Radar detector and installed Radar top left half of the rear view mirror.

Cool to see another Zaino user! I did a full clay wash and 3 Zaino Z2 applications last week on the new ride. Love that stuff. Yesterday we got our windows tinted. Not sure of the brand but its ceramic; did 20% in the front and then 70% on the rear/back. Came out good. They forgot to do the front window strip so taking it back on Monday to get that done.

11126897_10153422753712489_1946339030_n.jpg

11830238_10153422753767489_383173052_n.jpg

11874046_10153422753837489_1237261343_n.jpg

Cool to see another Zaino user! I did a full clay wash and 3 Zaino Z2 applications last week on the new ride. Love that stuff. Yesterday we got our windows tinted. Not sure of the brand but its ceramic; did 20% in the front and then 70% on the rear/back. Came out good. They forgot to do the front window strip so taking it back on Monday to get that done.

Yep, I've been using Zaino products exclusively on all my vehicles since 2003. It's easy to apply and remove, it's very durable, has an unbeatable shine/protection, and if you get it on plastics it wipes right off.

This 2 layer application of Z2 will last all throughout the winter and I won't reapply until next summer. The automatic touchless car washes and salt this winter won't be a problem with Zaino.

So those are OEM Mazda window rain guards and bug guards? Do they create any additional wind noise and how do they attach to the window/door frame?

So those are OEM Mazda window rain guards and bug guards? Do they create any additional wind noise and how do they attach to the window/door frame?

Yes, both are Mazda OEM Accessories.

As for the bug guard/edge protector, it attaches with plastic push rivets and double stick tape.

The window visors attach with clips and double stick tape.

I had both of these same accessories on my 2014 Touring which I purchased in July of 2013 and was very happy, hence the reason to purchase them for my 2016.

I notice no wind noise from the window visors. As you can see, they fit pretty tight up against the window. There is just enough room to fit my fingers in the gap for cleaning.

Here are the specific instructions for the window visors. http://ep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/cx5sidewindowvisors.pdf

Yep, I've been using Zaino products exclusively on all my vehicles since 2003. It's easy to apply and remove, it's very durable, has an unbeatable shine/protection, and if you get it on plastics it wipes right off.

This 2 layer application of Z2 will last all throughout the winter and I won't reapply until next summer. The automatic touchless car washes and salt this winter won't be a problem with Zaino.

Good to see a few a Zaino Zombies here......

I've been one for over 15 years, and still haven't found anything I like any better, especially for durability. Here's a pic of my Deep Crystal Blue CX-5 the day after I got it last month, after a round of clay, Z-AIO, Z-5, Z-Clear Seal and a spritz of Z-8 detail spray for dessert. Was fortunate I didn't inherit any swirls, scratches or etched on water spots from the dealer's lot (I told them hands off, don't wash or prep the exterior), so it wasn't necessary to machine polish it beforehand -

OC

Back