Page 399 of 401 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401 LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 6004

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Registered Member

2017 Mazda CX-5 GT; 2017 Mazda MX-5 RF/GT/LE

Quote Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
    These dashcams, are using up their batteries really fast, I have been changing them out quite often. I'm thinking, about using a bigger battery out of the case, hidden behind the sunglass holder.
    That way, I don't have to take apart the camera, every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sm1ke View Post
    It might be worth looking into a dash cam that can be wired. If you have a homelink mirror, you can wire it into the mirror for a constant draw, which would allow you to power the cam 24/7 and let you use the motion detection and parking modes (if your cam has those features). Or, if you don't have a homelink mirror, you can wire it into the cabin fuse box.

I bought my front and rear dashcam setup (Viofo A129 Duo) for $130 USD on eBay, and then bought an Invisicord to wire into the homelink mirror for $25 USD. Currently using an older 32gb card but I'll be upgrading to a 128gb soon. For less than $200 I have 1080p quality with 30fps video on both front and rear with motion detection and a parking (time-lapse) mode. It's already paid for itself by catching an attempted moving hit and run.
    sm1ke has the right idea.

I've been running BlackVue cameras for several years ... currently the 750s front and rear in both my CX-5 and my Miata.
    Very small form factor and superior video.
    These dashcams don't have batteries; only a capacitor that powers them long enough to save the "current" video clip when shut down.

For both cars; I use a "PowerMagic Pro" box that taps into the fuse box in two places ... one constantly "hot" and the other powered only when the ignition is on.
    When its switch is "off" the box powers the dashcams only when the ignition is on.
    When the box switch is "on", I have it set to maintain power to the dashcams while the car is parked.
    Timing and voltage are selectable ... mine is set to keep the cameras powered for 12 hours or until the battery voltage drops below 12.5.
    After 12 hours or if the battery voltage drops too far; the cameras are powered down.

This combination has worked very well for me and I've recommended it to friends who have followed suit.
    Inbound: 2019 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 Signature
    2017 Soul Red Crystal Metallic CX-5 GT/Premium

2017 Machine Gray Metallic MX-5-RF GT/MT, Launch Edition
    24 Mazdas since 1974

Registered Member

2018, Mazda, CX-5, Snowflake Pearl, Grand Touring

Southern Arizona (40 Miles south of Tucson)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turborascal View Post

I've been running BlackVue cameras for several years ... currently the 750s front and rear in both my CX-5 and my Miata.
    These dashcams don't have batteries; only a capacitor that powers them long enough to save the "current" video clip when shut down.

For both cars; I use a "PowerMagic Pro" box that taps into the fuse box in two places ... one constantly "hot" and the other powered only when the ignition is on.
    When its switch is "off" the box powers the dashcams only when the ignition is on.
    When the box switch is "on", I have it set to maintain power to the dashcams while the car is parked.
    Timing and voltage are selectable ... mine is set to keep the cameras powered for 12 hours or until the battery voltage drops below 12.5.
    After 12 hours or if the battery voltage drops too far; the cameras are powered down.

This combination has worked very well for me and I've recommended it to friends who have followed suit.
    Yep, I'm using the exact same set up only using Thinkware F800 cameras on both of my vehicles.

The only thing I did differently on both vehicles was to put in a cut off switch in the main hot wire so that when I am parked for an extended period of time in the garage, the entire system is off.
    Last edited by David Paul; 12-04-2018 at 03:18 PM.
    2018 CX-5 Grand Touring Snowflake White Pearl----2016 MX-5 GT Soft Top Ceramic White Metallic.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

I have it wired, with the accessory line. I'm talking about, the internal battery, that holds the power, until the camera can shut down, after the car was turned off.
    There is a small 3.7V lithium battery in it, but it does not last, maybe a couple of month. Maybe, the California heat kills it.
    I don't need the camera, to run 24/7. I have a full video security system(PC w/Blue Iris & Dahua cameras), that I have installed at my house.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

Actually, I'm about to hardwire my wireless charger up there, as well. I have it installed, on the right side of the rear view mirror. I place my Note 8, horizontally in it. It is, an iOttie Easy One Touch charger.

Registered Member

I have it wired, with the accessory line. I'm talking about, the internal battery, that holds the power, until the camera can shut down, after the car was turned off.
    There is a small 3.7V lithium battery in it, but it does not last, maybe a couple of month. Maybe, the California heat kills it.
    That's what I like about my BlackVue cameras.
    No internal battery that needs replacement ... they have internal capacitors that hold enough energy to save the "current" video file and then shut down properly when external power is cut.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

That's what I like about my BlackVue cameras.
    No internal battery that needs replacement ... they have internal capacitors that hold enough energy to save the "current" video file and then shut down properly when external power is cut.
    Thinkware products are the same as are most systems these days.

Are the dash cams with an internal 3.7V battery still being sold?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

I don't need the camera, to run 24/7. I have a full video security system(PC w/Blue Iris & Dahua cameras), that I have installed at my house.
    Does your "Home Security System" protect your vehicle if it is away from home, such as at the mall, etc.? If it doesn't, see the next paragraph.

It would behoove you to purchase a system that doesn't need the internal 3.V battery. Most of these systems are of high quality and the prices have really come down over the past few years.

Not only do they protect you while the vehicle is away from home but they also are an eye witness to any traffic problem that you may encounter.

2018 Mazda CX-5 Akera AWD 2.5L

I had my CX5 booked in to have the exact same set up you are describing there with front and rear BlackVue cams but when I told them I had just had the windows tinted they wanted a 1 week wait to stick the rear cam on so I had to book again except they were booked out for 3 weeks in advance.

Time hasn't allowed me to get back to them yet.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1cx5 View Post
    I had my CX5 booked in to have the exact same set up you are describing there with front and rear BlackVue cams but when I told them I had just had the windows tinted they wanted a 1 week wait to stick the rear cam on so I had to book again except they were booked out for 3 weeks in advance.

Time hasn't allowed me to get back to them yet.
    Sorry that you have to wait longer, but you DO want the tint film to fully cure before attaching the cameras.

2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg

Took delivery of our 2019 GT w/PP on 12/6 and over the weekend did the following:

- affixed EZ Pass to windshield
    - attached rabbit's foot to rear view mirror
    - installed DIY dead foot pedal cover (can't believe Mazda still leaves this with just carpet)
    - adjusted tire pressure to recommended PSI (temps really dropped here)
    - spent over half an hour searching the OM and forum on how to reset TPMS only to find that it's not necessary
    - installed cargo net
    - affixed Salt Life & USA flag decals to rear window
    - applied leather conditioner to seats

Other than the above, no immediate plans to alter her from stock
    All In The Family
    2019 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/PP
    2016 Mazda3 Touring

2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2014 BMW E84 xDrive28i - RETIRED (replaced w/2019 CX-5)
    2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2013 Mazda MZD3i FWD GT w/Tech Pkg
    2009 BMW E90 328xi - RETIRED (replaced w/2014 E84)

2007 BMW E92 328i - RETIRED (replaced w/2014 CX-5)

Registered Member

2014 CX-5 Touring White

My CX-5 has an appointment for new Michelin Defender T + H tires this morning, but I am not that excited about having to lay out some cash for the current Michelins that have a lot of tire slip and yet still have tread remaining. What the heck?!?! Is it true that in order for these supposed long life tires have a harder compound just below the soft rubber that allows them to claim a long tread life? I am getting tire slip at every red light and had the front slide just a little the other day in a turn. They have about 5/32's remaining so I had hoped to get a bit more out of them before this purchase. With all the rain we are getting and potential winter weather I side with safety first.

Anyway today the CX5 gets some new shoes. :-)

Edit: Well that's what I get for posting in advance. I go to the appointment and cop cars and CSI are there. A employee steps out and tells me to come back later or reschedule. What are the odds that a tire store that I used gets robbed?
    Last edited by Felt_Rider; 12-11-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Registered Member

2014 CX5 Sport Nav (GT) MT 2.2D 150ps

Fixed (at least temporarily) my blocked heater core with a citric acid flush, hopefully that will keep it working over winter!
    2014 CX-5 Sport (GT) Nav 2.2D 150ps 6MT in Soul Red
    OEM Accessories - Front/Rear Underguards, Illuminated Sill Plates, Footwell Lighting, Boot/Trunk Liner, outer/inner sill plates and LED illumination, Front/Rear Mudflaps
    Unofficial Mods - H&R Wheel Spacers, Red LED Ambient Lighting (Overhead/Front Console), Kicker Front 3.5" Speakers, JBL Rear 3.5" Speakers, Gloss Black Front Vent Trims, Leather Handbrake/Gearlever Gaiters and Armrest Cover, Red Door Piping, Folding Cupholder, LED Interior/Exterior Lighting, Window Switch Chrome Strips, Exhaust Tips

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCX5 View Post
    Fixed (at least temporarily) my blocked heater core with a citric acid flush, hopefully that will keep it working over winter!
    How did that happen? Adding wafter into the system? Or just time for coolant change?

Registered Member

2014 CX5 Sport Nav (GT) MT 2.2D 150ps

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    How did that happen? Adding wafter into the system? Or just time for coolant change?
    I noticed that the heater was only working on one side and was gradually getting cooler as well - doing some Googling it appears that I'm not alone in having issues with my heater matrix/core and there may be a defect with them in 2013-2016 CX5s (Reddit thread)

Isn't 5/32 when you should replace tires, I thought?

Page 399 of 401 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401 LastLast