What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Big O Tires came out the cheapest at $68 to install. Discount wanted $96. Plus they were able to get me in right away. Getting the tires put on now.

Just picked these up. Bigger than I thought they would be. I guess they look smaller when they are actually on your car than they do when sitting in the back of it. (rofl)

Now to price out some installs...

449e24843e1d62036b534a9d40975b47.jpg
Yep when I rotate my 225/55R19's they're pretty big and heavy to me. In fact these tires are the largest among all the vehicles we've owned! Your 225/65R17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 has the same overall diameter hence they're big too!

I believe the reason why you receive 2 separate shipments is because WalMart has very low inventory on these close-out Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 225/65R17 tires and they have to ship them from 2 different warehouses.

Check the date code and country of origin please just out of my curiosity. :)

Yep when I rotate my 225/55R19's they're pretty big and heavy to me. In fact these tires are the largest among all the vehicles we've owned! Your 225/65R17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 has the same overall diameter hence they're big too!

I believe the reason why you receive 2 separate shipments is because WalMart has very low inventory on these close-out Bridgestone Blizzak WS80 225/65R17 tires and they have to ship them from 2 different warehouses.

They are getting installed right now. I am sitting in the waiting room as a type this.

I will check when they are done.

Big O Tires came out the cheapest at $68 to install. Discount wanted $96. Plus they were able to get me in right away. Getting the tires put on now.
Have you checked Costco? They may not want to install tires you didn't buy from them?

Discount Tire and Costco in our area both charge $15 per tire for installation with balancing and road hazard repair.

Havd you checked Costco? They may not want to install tires you didn't buy from them?

Discount Tire and Costco in our area both charge $15 per tire for installation with balancing and road hazard repair.

I didn't. I don't have a Costco membership.

Guess that would be cheaper though. This was $16.99/tire.

Made in Japan. Couldn't find the date, but then again, was cold maybe didn't look the hardest. ;)

Right off the bat, driving home, these tires absorb bumps way better than my old ones.

Slip n side incident after a u-turn lol. Recovered on one side but not the other

Made in Japan. Couldn't find the date, but then again, was cold maybe didn't look the hardest. ;)

Right off the bat, driving home, these tires absorb bumps way better than my old ones.
In old days the date code is on inside of tire and you can't see it once it's on the vehicle. But nowadays the date code should be visible from outside unless the tech at Big O Tires mounted your tires inside out. Can you see UTQG rating? Oh wait, there is no UTQG on snow tires.

It only requires 2/32" tread depth to pass annual safety inspection in Texas. Besides, sometimes slip and slide is fun ⋯ ;)

That rim is repairable though.

Looks like it wasn't much fun that time.

Feels good, right? Those big, fat, squishy tread blocks work wonders to soften up the ride. You should notice a bit less precision in fast direction changes, too.

And no more slippin and sliddin.

Back