What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Shopping for some new halogen low-beam headlights. Choices overload.

OEMs are getting dimmer. Hoping maybe something a little more white light in nature, but looks like those burn out faster.

I really like PIAA, but for the halogens and the cost, I*d get the Philips Xtreme Visions. Think you*ll be happy, and they*re way better than the stockers...The Sylvanias will Work great too...

Added new door sill protectors

Following their long passage from China, just added some inexpensive door sill protectors.

46739410912_7b75f968c1_c.jpg

Ordered them here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Nice product for the money. (Yes, the interior plastic piece needs cleaning.)
The red section is a separate part that is best attached with the provided 3M tape before installation on the vehicle.
The red is a reasonably-close match to the Soul Red Crystal paint ... a plus.
Left and right parts aren't labeled, but test fitting quickly determines which is which.

Following their long passage from China, just added some inexpensive door sill protectors.

46739410912_7b75f968c1_c.jpg

Ordered them here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Nice product for the money. (Yes, the interior plastic piece needs cleaning.)
The red section is a separate part that is best attached with the provided 3M tape before installation on the vehicle.
The red is a reasonably-close match to the Soul Red Crystal paint ... a plus.
Left and right parts aren't labeled, but test fitting quickly determines which is which.

Looks great.

For all this to work, you will need a whole smart home setup, with hub and other devices.
There is a way to open and close with your phone, or Alexa/Google.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhcsfr29Yg&t=422s
Thanks. My house is pretty dialed in. Still pretty pleased with the buttons on the rear view working. Don't see a real need for a smart garage door though. I have buttons in the cars, in the garage and by the back door.

Well, not today but Thursday. I went to the store that I bought the remote start to have it install.
Everything was fine, now I am able to start the car and get it warm. It is a Viper DS4VP. Only issue was that at the moment of registering the app I was not able to set a password to use the Bluetooth. After many attempts and running out of passwords combo, lol, I called the Help Line at Viper and I was told that the server was down and to try again in a couple of hours. I did that later and no problem, now I need to return to the place that installed the remote and have the guy program it with the Bluetooth in 5. Not a big deal since I am always near by them. Keep you posted.

Thanks. My house is pretty dialed in. Still pretty pleased with the buttons on the rear view working. Don't see a real need for a smart garage door though. I have buttons in the cars, in the garage and by the back door.

But, if you leave from home and you are not sure, if you have closed the garage door, it's a good feature, that you can look it up on the phone. And this is only the garage door. You can adjust the temperature on your thermostat, other door window sensors, that you can check, if you left them open. etc. etc.

But, if you leave from home and you are not sure, if you have closed the garage door, it's a good feature, that you can look it up on the phone. And this is only the garage door. You can adjust the temperature on your thermostat, other door window sensors, that you can check, if you left them open. etc. etc.
Ahh. Didn't consider that scenario.[emoji106]

I have a smart garage door opener from Chamberlain, it's good because you can open it with your smart phone or watch, however sometimes it would give me false alerts,
therefore nothing beats it than having a security camera mounted inside your garage, this definitely makes certain if your garage door is open or closed.

I have a smart garage door opener from Chamberlain, it's good because you can open it with your smart phone or watch, however sometimes it would give me false alerts,
therefore nothing beats it than having a security camera mounted inside your garage, this definitely makes certain if your garage door is open or closed.

Good tip. I have a camera in garage as well.

Ultra Racing 4 point chassis bar for the rear subframe came in today. Now I have both parts of the set (originally they only had a FWD set so I could only use 1 of the bars).
50628560_10161247125895487_2287315469486522368_o.jpg

Good tip. I have a camera in garage as well.

I've had the Chamberlain MyQ garage door control for quite some time and like that it can provide door status and control the opener via cell phone.
I also have a comprehensive exterior camera system as well as cameras inside the house ... but somehow overlooked placing one inside the garage.

You two prompted me to reactivate an older camera and position it inside the garage.

Thank you.

I'm building a full video security system, with 8 Dahua cameras(1 for licence plates) + 1 Amcrest PTZ camera in the garage, and a dedicated PC running on Blu Iris. I will have a camera in the garage as well.

We are all here to help! =)

I've had the Chamberlain MyQ garage door control for quite some time and like that it can provide door status and control the opener via cell phone.
I also have a comprehensive exterior camera system as well as cameras inside the house ... but somehow overlooked placing one inside the garage.

You two prompted me to reactivate an older camera and position it inside the garage.

Thank you.

New battery time. The parking brake (which we never use...redundant on an automatic) was coming on and wouldnt go off though it wasnt actually engaged. Also replaced the battery in the spare fob so I dont need to dig through my wifes purse every time I need to take her car and do some service for her, mostly car washes. Just being a good husband....or trying to, anyway....

Back