What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Here's today's addition for Madge. I have checked the position of the icons against the spare key. They all line up nicely.

attachment.php

IskiE

Attachments

• safedriving.jpg
    safedriving.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 775
Replaced the screen protector for the infotainment unit. I somehow managed to get it on perfectly first try. First one lasted about three years, given my wife's love for long fingernails I figure that's pretty good.

Also swapped the muffler back from stock to the RB. I use the stock one for long trips as it's a bit quieter for music and such.

Last edited:
Does your armrest squeak when your arm is resting on it... mine did. Put some sticky felt pad (for bottom of furniture) on the underside of the armrest edge; problem solved.

This has been bothering so much right now. It get's worse during the winter with the cold. I was thinking of doing something similar to what you posted, I will try the sticky felt pad. Question though, usually those sticky felt pad come in most round version, will two small ones at the front be sufficient?

No. I think my armrest is different though from the newer CX-5's that have commander knobs.

Some more goodies for Madge today. New valve stem caps. And a TARDIS sticker as she is a blue box...

The sticker looks better at a distance but since I haven't done a full car wash I will only show off what is clean...ish. Perhaps tomorrow after I do a full car wash I may get a proper picture.

Valve stem caps
attachment.php

Valve stem caps installed
attachment.php

TARDIS sticker
attachment.php

Attachments

• valvecaps.jpg
    valvecaps.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 630
  • valvecapsinstalled.jpg
    valvecapsinstalled.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 635
  • Madge TARDIS.jpg
    Madge TARDIS.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 641
Some more goodies for Madge today. New valve stem caps. And a TARDIS sticker as she is a blue box...

The sticker looks better at a distance but since I haven't done a full car wash I will only show off what is clean...ish. Perhaps tomorrow after I do a full car wash I may get a proper picture.

Valve stem caps
attachment.php

Valve stem caps installed
attachment.php

TARDIS sticker
attachment.php

This can be found on the German site Mazda.de

Teilenummer: 1500-V3-815
Die Ventilkappen passen auf alle Standardventile aus Metall oder Gummi. Sie sind nicht fr Fahrzeuge mit Reifendruck-Kontrollsystem (TPMS) geeignet.

What means; Valve stem caps are not suitebale in combination with TPMS !

I don't know for what reason.

Greetings Karl

TARDIS sticker
attachment.php

Wait, you didn't put the sticker...on the dirty car yet did you??? (scratch)

Also, swirl marks already?

Anyway, the WS80 tires I ordered are now a day late, will be here tomorrow. Just as well. Caught a cold Saturday so been working from home.

Last edited:
I installed the factory wiring harness for the hitch and fabricated a custom metal bracket to hold the plug/connector - after market hitches don't have this.

attachment.php

HItch.jpg

Last edited:
Hit 99000
WkYgvko.jpg
99,000miles and 90F!

Honestly I believe San Antonio wasnt that hot at 90F on that day in February. Its because the ambient temperature sensor was reading warmer air temperature in front of hot radiator while Chris_Top_Hers CX-5 wasnt moving. I can never understand the strange location of CX-5s ambient temperature sensor which is right at the front of radiator!

99,000miles and 90F!

Honestly I believe San Antonio wasn’t that hot at 90F on that day in February. It’s because the ambient temperature sensor was reading warmer air temperature in front of hot radiator while Chris_Top_Her‘s CX-5 wasn’t moving. I can never understand the strange location of CX-5’s ambient temperature sensor which is right at the front of radiator!

Yea, it's not in the best place. It was more like 82f*. It's 73 now with 100%rh with possibility of hail.

Sweet. Factory lit sills. I would have made a how-to Yrwie, but it's very simple. [emoji106]
0d8880f67e8a29dbe9f364d245c266ad.jpg

Last edited:
Back