What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Nelson:
I'll bet you lost a lot of viewers here with that reference to your trusted old 96 Hiace super custom. You folks in the PI do get some odd imports!
Hehe! I don't mind at all. I'm posting it so the readers would understand my impression from where I'm coming from (the van, not the country [emoji1] ).

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Someone is selling a set of used corksport lowering slrings for $150 on the cx5 club fb page.

I picked up my 2017 CX-5 this past Tuesday, got the window tinted. Photosync 35 up front, 75 on the windshield and 20 over the factory tint.

12931FBA-7363-4620-B09B-7FFD9A2BA0CF_zpsviilizmo.jpg

Other than that, I just installed amber LED turn signals to the front and back, warm white LED for the inside and white LED for the license plate area. All of which I took out of my 2014 mazda 3 when I traded it in :D

Oh yeah, also got my JBR drop in filter put on too, this was something I forgot to take out of the 3 so had to buy another one.

Last edited:
Installed an a119 dashcam using a usb 5v invisicord.
Pretty happy, no long wires to hide!

Good stuff!

How did you go with placement? I just bought a Navman MV690 dash cam for mine, but would like to push it up a bit higher behind/beside the rearview mirror. But the suction thing wont sick to that dot matrix type of film that surrounds the sensor box behind the mirror on mine - I put a post up on the how to forum asking a question if that film can be trimmed back:

Its already been suggested that this dot matrix film is part of the radio antenna - true??

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...I-remove-some-windscreen-quot-dot-matrix-quot

Good stuff!

How did you go with placement? I just bought a Navman MV690 dash cam for mine, but would like to push it up a bit higher behind/beside the rearview mirror. But the suction thing wont sick to that dot matrix type of film that surrounds the sensor box behind the mirror on mine - I put a post up on the how to forum asking a question if that film can be trimmed back:

Its already been suggested that this dot matrix film is part of the radio antenna - true??

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...I-remove-some-windscreen-quot-dot-matrix-quot
You know the answer already. Those dots, serve as the third visor frit, are not for radio antenna and very difficult to remove.

Getting my defroster checked today - it looks like some of the conductive paint is missing. They will not be happy with me when I return their 2016 MX-5 with over 300 new miles on it later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting my defroster checked today - it looks like some of the conductive paint is missing. They will not be happy with me when I return their 2016 MX-5 with over 300 new miles on it later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How common is it to get loaner? I am about to get a loaner later this month.
Its just regular oil change with some TSB's thrown in. - I never thought you get loaners from Mazda - this is not the dealer i got my car from.

Today was a great day for an exterior hand washing. I also installed LED interior lights throughout the vehicle as well as the license plates. I used an inexpensive kit from Amazon. It's a great improvement over the yellow factory lighting. It now matches the lighting of my CX-9. It is a good look!

Rotated the tires and washed/waxed the insides of the wheels while I was at it.

So where do you guys have your dash cams installed? The rain/safety sensors on the CX-5 take up a lot of space on the windshield, then I also have the North Texas toll tag taking up the center position just under the sensors. So I am having trouble figuring out where to mount the dash cam. I bought the Anker Roav dash cam in preparation for an upcoming road trip, it just recently went on sale on Amazon for $67. If it didn't go on sale, I would have picked up the A119 as well.

So where do you guys have your dash cams installed? The rain/safety sensors on the CX-5 take up a lot of space on the windshield, then I also have the North Texas toll tag taking up the center position just under the sensors. So I am having trouble figuring out where to mount the dash cam. I bought the Anker Roav dash cam in preparation for an upcoming road trip, it just recently went on sale on Amazon for $67. If it didn't go on sale, I would have picked up the A119 as well.

This is mine - Navman MV690. Just installed this week.

Its about 1/4 hidden behind the mirror from my driving position.

Bear in mind that this is a right hand drive car, so its positioned on the right side of the rearview mirror.

Last edited:
This is mine - Navman MV690. Just installed this week.

Its about 1/4 hidden behind the mirror from my driving position.

Bear in mind that this is a right hand drive car, so its positioned on the right side of the rearview mirror.

Thanks for sharing. That is one of the positions I am considering mounting my dash cam to as well.

Back