Page 344 of 387 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 5802

Thread: What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Just finished getting my rear differential and transfer case oil changed.

Also got some information from the dealer regarding a transmission fluid change. They gave me a pamphlet that explained what they did. They specifically said they even disagreed with Mazda and definitely recommend replacing the fluid.

Rather than just removing the fluid found in the bottom of the pan, the entire transmission is cleaned and replenished with the use of special equipment. The transmission and its torque converter have all of their old contaminated fluid removed while new fluid and premium conditioners are added.
    My Mazda dealer also recommends ATF change, but only drain-and-fill with ATF filter change on CX-5 with SkyActiv-Drive auto tranny.

SkyActiv-Drive auto tranny has no ATF lines coming out and feed into an AFT cooler normally sits inside of radiator. Instead Mazda feeds engine coolant into the transmission to cool down the ATF. Transmission flushing machine needs ATF in/out ports to hook up and circulate old AFT replacing with fresh ATF. This means there’s no way to hook up such machine and “flush” the transmission, unless the torque converter is removed for major service.

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L In Sonic Silver

Quote Originally Posted by SEÑOR MAZDA View Post
    Took it to the dealer for oil and filter change and tire rotations.
    10.5k miles on it.
    EDIT:
    2017 sport AWD
    Was it due for tyre rotation
    Recent Vehicle History:

'18 Mazda CX-5 Akera KG i-Activ AWD 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2018-)
    '15 Mazda 6 Touring GJ Series II Sedan 2.5L in Sonic Silver (2015-2018)
    '08 Mazda 3 Maxx Sport BK Series II Sedan 2.0L in Champagne (Family)
    '06 GM Holden Calais VZ Series II Sedan 3.6L in Quicksilver (2006-2015)

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    My Mazda dealer also recommends ATF change, but only drain-and-fill with ATF filter change on CX-5 with SkyActiv-Drive auto tranny.

SkyActiv-Drive auto tranny has no ATF lines coming out and feed into an AFT cooler normally sits inside of radiator. Instead Mazda feeds engine coolant into the transmission to cool down the ATF. Transmission flushing machine needs ATF in/out ports to hook up and circulate old AFT replacing with fresh ATF. This means there’s no way to hook up such machine and “flush” the transmission, unless the torque converter is removed for major service.
    Hmm...so is he just lying to me then? He made it sound like they had the special equipment needed to do it.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Arrow What Did You Do for Your CX-5 Today?

Hmm...so is he just lying to me then? He made it sound like they had the special equipment needed to do it.
    No matter how "special" the equipment is, it still needs to access ATF via ATF ports. If you have no ATF ports available like our SkyActiv-Drive, there's no way the machine can circulate the ATF while the engine/transmission is running which is how the old ATF is getting replaced with fresh ATF. This's also how half of the old ATF sitting in the torque converter gets circulated out into the flushing machine hence the complete ATF change.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    No matter how "special" the equipment is, it still needs to access ATF via ATF ports. If you have no ATF ports available like our SkyActiv-Drive, there's no way the machine can circulate the ATF while the engine/transmission is running which is how the old ATF is getting replaced with fresh ATF. This's also how half of the old ATF sitting in the torque converter gets circulated out into the flushing machine hence the complete ATF change.
    Good to know, thanks. I'll bring this up and ask for more details. Seems suspect now.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD; 2013 BMW Z4 35i

Just finished getting my rear differential and transfer case oil changed.

Also got some information from the dealer regarding a transmission fluid change. They gave me a pamphlet that explained what they did. They specifically said they even disagreed with Mazda and definitely recommend replacing the fluid.
    Well of course; that's how they make a living!

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
    Well of course; that's how they make a living!
    True enough point. Guess I am still in that analysis paralysis mode for what to do about my transmission fluid. I am almost 66k miles now.

Registered Member

2017 CX5 GT AWD Premium

Installed the very poorly designed OEM crossbars today.

Mazda can take some lessons from VW and Audi on a more user friendly design. The mounting points for the supplied screws are very difficult to access and torque...the chance of damaging the paint is pretty great. I put some painters tape along the inside part of the roof rail where the hardware is secured to prevent any damage during the install. The crossbars on my GTI (and previous SQ5) was supplied with a tool that actually is a small torque wrench so you know they are secured correctly. I take my GTI crossbars on and off all the time. The CX-5's are going to stay on!

Here is the final product.

Registered Member

Carless

I finally put on my rear seat covers last night. They are cover king neoprene and I let them air out for a couple of days prior to install as they had a rubber smell nothing bad but I had the chance to let them air out so I did.

Where the seats fold there is a lot of added thickness from the wetsuit material from each part of the split back so it bunches up slightly in the back but looks good in the front. And for that same reason I’m not sure if I’m going to put the center armrest cover as that is already tough to have it sit flush with the seat like stock. Also have the head rest wrap but I think it’s fine as is.

Wish they would use some thinner, non-grippy material on the sides but overall I like them for $207. Also Costco sells them as well online which is would I would do with their return policy.

All this was done since my dog likes to prop his paws over the back seat and has already jumped over the hatch area onto the seat so this will protect the leather from his crazy ass.

CX 5

those look sharp!
    Brought to you in part by

Registrierte Benutzer Chris_Top_Her's Avatar
    Donated: $45
    CX Moderator

'15 CX-5 Miata GT AWD w/Tech 2.5L

I always put the seat down when I carry my dog. I don't want his butthole and dingaling on the seat anyways lol.
    Last edited by Chris_Top_Her; 05-16-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Looks better then I thought it would!

Registered Member

Carless

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her View Post
    I always put the seat down when I carry my dog. I don't want his butthole and dingaling on the seat anyways lol.
    yeah I thought about putting the seats down but that one inch of leather wrapped over to the backside of the seats would get shredded with my dog's long nails and he would probably end up trying to stand on the armrest to look out the window better.

I agree, I don't want my dog's empty sack on the seats if possible.

Registered Member

2018 CX-5 Touring, Soul Red, Preferred Package

We've had ours for 2 weeks now, so she got her first proper carwash at home today. Wash, dry, clay bar w/ instant detailer to lubricate, and Maguiar's ultimate fast finish to close. Man, I can't get over this Soul Red -- just love it! Sadly, I did notice my first freaking paint chip on the hood which was super frustrating. I'll be keeping a very close eye on that given the complaints I see around here. Still...that color!

IMG_20180516_132623-1.jpgIMG_20180516_132641-1.jpgIMG_20180516_132657-2.jpg

EDIT: Can somebody help me out with embedding images? I tried a link from my Google Photos account as well as uploading, but all I get it what you see here...
    Last edited by abeln2672; 05-16-2018 at 09:28 PM.

What do you see? This is what I see.
    Isn't 2 weeks a bit early to use clay?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Page 344 of 387 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344345346354 ... LastLast