What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Battery died on me, without warning(1/17 label on it, from Costco-Interstate), luckily I still had warranty on it, so it was a free replacement.

Just a few months shy of probably a 3-year warranty battery I'm guessing? I had a battery die THE LAST DAY the 3 years was up, and I couldn't make it to the store that day. Sears Die Hard junk. They honored the warranty the following day, though, which was nice.

These days I can't seem to get a car battery to last past 3 years, sometimes less. Most of the ones being sold only have 2 or 3 year warranties, despite costing upwards of $150. Pieces 'o crap, the lot of 'em!

Hmm. I just got an Interstate battery from Costco earlier this year. I'll have to double-check. I believe it is 3 year.

My factory battery lasted 6.

These days I can't seem to get a car battery to last past 3 years, sometimes less. Most of the ones being sold only have 2 or 3 year warranties, despite costing upwards of $150. Pieces 'o crap, the lot of 'em!

You are so right. That's why I got a Bosch S6523B S6 Flat Plate AGM Battery for my 16 MX-5 a few months ago and when it's time for a new one for my CX-5, I'll do the same thing.

I've had AGM batteries before and have always been pleased with them. Here in AZ, the heat kills regular batteries even faster than severe cold weather does.

OEM stock Panasonic batteries average 2 years 4 months for us. I put a reminder at 2 years 2-3 months to have it checked/replaced.

Our CX-5 currently has Autozone's Duralast Gold 640CCA battery but under 1 year old.

Just got back from the dealer in Oklahoma for a dead battery issue. New 2019 GTR Model not even a 1k mi yet and in the morning battery is dead with about 4V showing on my test meter...
Mazda Connect came through and in less than 30 min a box jump start got her running. The service man suggested taking it straight to the dealer without turning it off. Had a 2:15 Apt. went in at 11:30, told them I was driving to FL on Sat and hoped they could look at it early. The dash blanked out the Speedo and flashed something like Remote Keyless System Failure and Proximity System Error . . .
They got her up and running in about an hour and said I had probably left the Accessory Key position on all night. That was what that strange beep was when I was going inside to bed.
Yes, all the new sensors will drain your battery over night. MY BAD!

My CX-5 got much needed TLC. She*s been garage kept since new, but I*ve never gotten around to actually doing proper detailing on the exterior. All of that changed today!

Washed and then did a first ever clay bar application. I was shocked how little contamination the clear coat had for it being nearly 7 years old. A couple of passes and it was smooth and clean! I applied Meguiars Ultimate Paste Wax and it buffed off very very nicely. I cleaned the tires with a degreaser and holy cow, I could not believe how much crap came off even after a wash with a brush! Meguiars Endurance Gel applied.

Went over the entire car with Turtle Wax Ice seal n shine, both the panels and plastic trim. Windows were cleaned with regular Turtle Wax dash and glass cleaner and rain x applied.

It looks better than new. I*m so happy with how good it looks! I didn*t even need to try my hand at compounding as I*ve never applied a machine to the car. No swirl marks or imperfections (major imperfections anyway lol rock chips are a different story).

https://ibb.co/zQrcVjQ If youd like to see it. Having a hard time trying to embed from my ☎️

Installed new brake pads and rotors on all 4 wheels! Akebono ProACT with CarQuest Platinum painted rotors. First time I have ever done brakes and it wasnt too bad at all.

Rosalita has been garage kept since I bought her in June 2018. I had to travel for work and had to leave her at an airport valet to my disdain since I had just detailed her. After 2 days I returned to find her covered in tree sap. Dash cam showed it got parked right under a massive maple. I spent 3 hours this morning removing the sap, washing and waxing. I was supposed to be gone for 2 weeks. Thank goodness I had to return early. Can't imagine how bad it would have been after 2 weeks under that tree.
79bc019faa9d7db9d2ee005ee18afc89.jpg
90afb673c959d6ad89e1f61f1d2ea57f.jpg
7147baf57a28d04221f4c314e1825a81.jpg
d6f343f448aa01aced9001ff5b08eee5.jpg
b4349d579b55ad26189d0f4905cfb41d.jpg
684fee03e0d480ee06c0625e4f16f8e7.jpg

I believe that maple tree sap is water soluble. You're lucky that it wasn't a pine tree!

Found a video on YouTube by ChrisFix comparing all the different products and turns out hand sanitizer works better than anything. Used that and immediately washed and rinsed and re-waxed.

Found a video on YouTube by ChrisFix comparing all the different products and turns out hand sanitizer works better than anything. Used that and immediately washed and rinsed and re-waxed.

Interesting.

Must be the combination of alcohol and soap.

Hand sanitizer works for pine sap as well. It gets on our cars on occasion. Obviously the earlier you get to it the easier it is to remove. But Ive used it to take off pitch spots that sat for months on an older vehicle. You just need to let it soak in and break the sap down. Just try to wash the area afterwards.

Back