49f0eba06db66be7565fc9f4c6cbc442.jpg

and after polishing
This is soooooo nice

Cheers 101

f9addb55ae4cb32516f585648cb686ab.jpg
212e1d0e2076b65c07a9dce5959d9eb1.jpg
bbffca49aea5291bfdd8f121818a9756.jpg
9504015fd45506cb79291ee58ff464a4.jpg

I installed fence behind the front grill to protect the cooler from stones and stuff flying inside on high speed-to avoid demolition

Cheers 101

But the marks are still there?! (As well as what appear to be scratches to the left)(huh)

Yes I have a good camera in my mobile- Thanks - you can almost not see it - if you don't know about it you will not even find the spot with this shadow or at least it will take a moment to spot it.
He did a good job and for this result I payed nothing and be more then happy!!

Cheers 101

Finally finished my little weekend project, added chrome trim around the mirrors to give the black mirror some contrast. I didn't like the bright chrome look so I smoked it to give it the black chrome look. Had to do it a few times to get it that shiny black chrome look. Took a couple of pics after a wash and hydrosilex applied, car is so shiny and slick!

Now here's how it came out...

40887412031_0885343187_b.jpg

26015390017_4720c569f4_b.jpg

Here's a pic of my f**k up, it took me a few tries to get it right so while stripping the paint with nail polish remover I accidentally knocked the bottle over and it spilled all over the dinner table and as I wiped it stripped the wood stain :(

26015390137_3e47833373_b.jpg

Here's a pic of my f**k up, it took me a few tries to get it right so while stripping the paint with nail polish remover I accidentally knocked the bottle over and it spilled all over the dinner table and as I wiped it stripped the wood stain :(

Looks like you have a new project...

I don't imagine that your wife was too thrilled about the table?

Upholstery cleaned using turtle wax green bottle on 16 touring with cloth seats. Never been cleaned in 2 years. Pulled floor mats and vacuumed them, washed trunk liner, baking soda sprinkled on matts and rear trunk for deodorization. So far turtle wax was nice. Thumbs up. Also removed stained head liner and bike grime on rear seats.

Finally made use of my new snow tires yesterday and today.

I always tell people, snow in March is a thing here! Yesterday morning was sunny and warm. I almost wore short sleeves. By 5:30 it was starting to snow a wet snow, almost a rain snow mix. And then it just turned to snow. And it was back down to 33 degrees.

Didn't get much, but the tires did great.

They will come off mid-April.

Last edited:
Finally finished my little weekend project, added chrome trim around the mirrors to give the black mirror some contrast. I didn't like the bright chrome look so I smoked it to give it the black chrome look. Had to do it a few times to get it that shiny black chrome look. Took a couple of pics after a wash and hydrosilex applied, car is so shiny and slick!

Now here's how it came out...

40887412031_088534g

26015390g

RiP

Finally made use of my new snow tires yesterday and today.

I always tell people, snow in March is a thing here! Yesterday morning was sunny and warm. I almost wore short sleeves. By 5:30 it was starting to snow a wet snow, almost a rain snow mix. And then it just turned to snow. And it was back down to 33 degrees.

Didn't get much, but the tires did great.

They will come off mid-April.
Snow in April is a thing here! [emoji30]
But it was 50 here yesterday. Washed my car and my gross floor mats.

Snow in April is a thing here! [emoji30]
But it was 50 here yesterday. Washed my car and my gross floor mats.

What about snow in May? That's a thing here in Calgary and back in Winnipeg, lol

Snowed in June once where I lived in the mountains as a kid.

As for March, what I mean is that at least historically, March tendrd to be the snowiest month.

But winter's have had few snowstorms down in the city lately.

It's basically summer now here so I removed the SRI put the high flow panel filterback in, and reflash the ecu
6zm3gBQ.jpg

xvWuaWB.jpg

eW51m8t.jpg

eWTmpxv.jpg

What about snow in May? That's a thing here in Calgary and back in Winnipeg, lol

+1 to snow in May here in St. John's as well. Lol. But soon those winters will be coming off, once the temps start averaging above 7 deg C. Probably late April, early May.

Congrats. Were they the same trim level?

Yeah, they were both the GT, only main differences aside from styling was my 16 had the technology package but not the Activ-Sense and the 17 has it all, but also the 16 was FWD and 17 is AWD

Yeah, they were both the GT, only main differences aside from styling was my 16 had the technology package but not the Activ-Sense and the 17 has it all, but also the 16 was FWD and 17 is AWD

Mine is also the 17 GT AWD with PP. We love it so far and the HUD makes getting that package worthwhile.

Back