What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Looks like Kedis had the right idea. Looks like tranny is fine and fault is in the control module according to the shop. They are running some more tests.

That*s promising! I*ll be following. Sending good vibes your way.

All is good, got my car back with no further issues found in testing!

Ran it through it's paces and all is good. :)

So what was it? A random glitch? They didn't do anything to it?

Great luck!
It ended up being stupid and something that I am embarrassed I didn't check or notice. Turns out the voltage issues to the car, i.e. the transmission control module, the car not turning back on, etc. was all due to a loose battery terminal. Guess stuff wasn't getting the required juice hence the issues I was having.

I'm a bit embarrassed but otherwise happy it wasn't anything major like I thought it was going to be. I replaced the battery myself back in Jan or something, so guess I flubbed up.

Great to hear man, glad it's back to normal. Was it the 3019A TSB that Kedis posted about?

Edit: Nevermind, saw the post above. Don't feel too embarrassed, happens to plenty of people (myself included).

Nothing at all to be embarrassed about. I went to advance auto once for a similar issue. The car was having trouble starting and the battery was testing poorly under warranty. Another tech came out and said, nah, it can*t possibly be that bad after only two years. Tightened one of the connections and presto, everything was testing fine.

At least the Mazda handled the issue with a little grace. 2018+ Odysseys are throwing themselves into PARK while the vehicle is moving at whatever speed it may be at. It*s not a battery fault but I guess the electrical system can dip below the required voltage. When the module restarts it was programmed to put the transmission in park. People reported hearing awful metal grinding noise after a bang on the highway, with the van becoming unresponsive. New transmission city. The fix? Now the module is programmed to throw the van in neutral vs park. Crazy.

It ended up being stupid and something that I am embarrassed I didn't check or notice. Turns out the voltage issues to the car, i.e. the transmission control module, the car not turning back on, etc. was all due to a loose battery terminal. Guess stuff wasn't getting the required juice hence the issues I was having.

I'm a bit embarrassed but otherwise happy it wasn't anything major like I thought it was going to be. I replaced the battery myself back in Jan or something, so guess I flubbed up.

Nothing to be embarrassed about...these are the kind of experiences help others out.

Thank you for sharing.

You can afford a ton of embarrassment if you don't have to shell out for a new transmission! I knew the BOOM didn't add up. :)

And after all you've been doing to try to maintain it. I can imagine the thoughts running thru your head.

Maybe you know this, but remember to smear a little grease on the terminals when you change the battery, too. Helps prevent corrosion.

You can afford a ton of embarrassment if you don't have to shell out for a new transmission! I knew the BOOM didn't add up. :)

And after all you've been doing to try to maintain it. I can imagine the thoughts running thru your head.

Maybe you know this, but remember to smear a little grease on the terminals when you change the battery, too. Helps prevent corrosion.

There was a lot going through my head for sure! It was 100 degrees out, my car wasn't going, and I was no where near my house. Can admit I was panicking and thinking the worst. Mind defaulted to transmission blew up when I heard the boom and suddenly it felt like it wasn't engaging gears correctly and the power was gone.

Great news!!!

I'll take something like that over a $1,500 "Not my fault" repair bill.
Don't let the fact that you just put it on the internet to live forever bother you ;)

Heck, I refused to accept the fact that I left my gas cap off, and I typed that in public maybe 6 times. Shadonoz tried to do me a solid by blaming racoons and bear.

Thank goodness we're all strangers here.

Wow, just comes to show how high tech moderns cars are now. Heavily reliant on computers and good clean electricity.

Ordered the fitted OEM sun shade.

Oh and this while I was there.

6e8d3189fcb8264a00ca0bc5f0b33e7b.jpg

Back